DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Latest alpha 65 crashed for me when generating object LOD. No bugreport. all logs attached.Logs.7z

OS Event:

Spoiler

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          1/23/2022 2:44:12 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      DHVP
Description:
Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x61e81ae6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1466, time stamp: 0xe01c7650
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0x11578
Faulting application start time: 0x01d810957559ef37
Faulting application path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0af520c9-d55d-46c5-9f94-b4cb26c0eb8a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2022-01-23T20:44:12.0755455Z" />
    <EventRecordID>107605</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DHVP</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>DynDOLODx64.exe</Data>
    <Data>3.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>61e81ae6</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>10.0.19041.1466</Data>
    <Data>e01c7650</Data>
    <Data>0eedfade</Data>
    <Data>0000000000034f69</Data>
    <Data>11578</Data>
    <Data>01d810957559ef37</Data>
    <Data>C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>0af520c9-d55d-46c5-9f94-b4cb26c0eb8a</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Currently running again.

PS: I normally don't report this issue, since running again usually works (it's never been repeatable). So reporting this time, just because :P

Second run worked without issue.

20 hours ago, z929669 said:

Latest alpha 65 crashed for me when generating object LOD. No bugreport. all logs attached.Logs.7z

OS Event:

Reveal hidden contents

Currently running again.

PS: I normally don't report this issue, since running again usually works (it's never been repeatable). So reporting this time, just because :P

Second run worked without issue.

The log folder does not contain useful logs since it seems the OS terminated the program without letting it go through its exception handler and shutdown procedure. See if the event is preceded by other events with the same time stamp.

Help, I'm at my wit's end.

I have SSE AE 1.6.353 Steam

I have done everything Sheson has asked in his own installation instruction page.

I get this flicker whenever I go closer to large distant objects. It's like a pop-in or flash or whatever instead of just gradually transitioning to a different, more detailed texture.

https://imgur.com/a/8Os0w1I

I have Enhanced Vanilla trees and Majestic Mountains but the flicker effect also happens in vanilla structures like windmills and castle walls.

This issue does not happen in 2.98.

It looks like the issue that I have with the post above from Darklady Lexy seems similar though I don't know if she gets the flashing effect. So I copied the [TerrainManager] to my Skyprefs.ini but that didn't solve it. So I returned the settings to what they used to be. Also, where can I find Skyrimcustom.ini?

Edited by piestogo

23 minutes ago, piestogo said:

Help, I'm at my wit's end.

I have SSE AE 1.6.353 Steam

I have done everything Sheson has asked in his own installation instruction page.

I get this flicker whenever I go closer to large distant objects. It's like a pop-in or flash or whatever instead of just gradually transitioning to a different, more detailed texture.

https://imgur.com/a/8Os0w1I

I have Enhanced Vanilla trees and Majestic Mountains but the flicker effect also happens in vanilla structures like windmills and castle walls.

This issue does not happen in 2.98.

It looks like the issue that I have with the post above from Darklady Lexy seems similar though I don't know if she gets the flashing effect. So I copied the [TerrainManager] to my Skyprefs.ini but that didn't solve it. So I returned the settings to what they used to be. Also, where can I find Skyrimcustom.ini?

Install the latest DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha. Install the latest DynDOLOD DLL Scripts in case you are using DynDOLOD DLL. Download and install the archives again.

Generate LOD with the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha Standalone version.

Test with a new game. If that works, but it doesn't with an existing save, make a clean save https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save.

If none of that helps upload the logs as explained on the first post.

I use Papyrus Util. I created a new game and it looks fine. It could be possible that I made a mistake in updating from 2.98 to 3 because I did not go to the MCM and deactivate, nor did I go to an interior area. Finally, I see light at the end of the tunnel

Edited by piestogo

1 hour ago, aragonit said:

After running the patcher for 1.5 hours, suddenly an error about a patch was shown.

Now I have to start from scratch.

Would it be possible to save the state and begin again from the point where the error occured?

The object and tree LOD that generated successfully so far can be kept and doesn't have to be generated again.
Everything that requires data in the plugins, like dynamic LOD, underside, occlusion needs to be generated for all worldspaces without error.
It is possible to update thje existing plugins, especially if they do not yet contain data for a worldspace.

So you can generate dynamic LOD, underside, occlusion for all worlspaces in one run and merge with the already existing object and tree LOD and  install it.
Then update that installation by loading the existing plugins and only select object and tree LOD for the remaining worldspaces.

As the https://dyndolod.info/Generation-Instructions mentions, finalize and error check the load order with xEdit before generating LOD.

4 hours ago, sheson said:

Install the latest DynDOLOD Resources SE 3 Alpha. Install the latest DynDOLOD DLL Scripts in case you are using DynDOLOD DLL. Download and install the archives again.

Generate LOD with the latest DynDOLOD 3 Alpha Standalone version.

Test with a new game. If that works, but it doesn't with an existing save, make a clean save https://dyndolod.info/Help/Clean-Save.

If none of that helps upload the logs as explained on the first post.

I made a clean save and installed version three. Everything works fine now, thanks to your help.

Hi - thanks in advance for helping

Just changed mods to include Veydogolt trees which advise running LodGEn  with Ultra checked as it includes 3D tree models. Also have Vedogolt grass and land overhaul.

I have - cleared out all old texgen, LOD files. Created grass cache as per "No Grass in Objects" Reinstalled Dyndolod 3 resources and Dyndolod 3 alpha 65. Installed xLodgen.

Ran Texgen (log files attached). Installed generated output (MO2) Ran xLODGen to generate Terrain Lod (Only Terrain LOD, baked normal maps) - Installed the output. 

Ran  Dyndolod 3 using recommended settings on Veydogolt Trees site, including Ultra for Tree Gen. After fixing one mod with a bad reference picked up by Dyndolod, it ran through ot the end, but failed to generate some worlds, including Tamriel and Solstheim (those log files included) - 

<Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64.exe returned E0434352. Check C:\Games\DynDoLod\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>

TexGen Debug, TexGen Log txt, Tamriel Log, Solstheim Log https://gofile.io/d/OuStFH

No "bugreport.txt" was generated.

I have read some reports about this happening when running with grass cache files included, but could find the answers/solutions.

In the meantime perhaps I can try with decreased settings

Hey Sheson,

I noticed something a while back - but don't see anything in the help or being discussed - but in the DynDOLOD_SSE_Default.ini (preset.ini), there's this section:

TreeLODMaxTileSize=512
TreeLODBrightness=-5
GrassLODMaxTileSize=32
GrassLODBrightness=-5
ObjectLODMaxTileSize=512
ObjectLODBrightness=-1
FullTextureMaxTileSize=512
FullTextureBrightness=-1

Values above are mine, obviously. I've noticed that there is no way to change object or grass billboard brightness in the gui, only direct modification in the ini.

Is it intended that these fields be hidden and separate from billboard brightness?

Really appreciate your helpful support. Sincerely, I wish more MAs documented as well as you do.

9 hours ago, Tetrol88 said:

Hi - thanks in advance for helping

Just changed mods to include Veydogolt trees which advise running LodGEn  with Ultra checked as it includes 3D tree models. Also have Vedogolt grass and land overhaul.

I have - cleared out all old texgen, LOD files. Created grass cache as per "No Grass in Objects" Reinstalled Dyndolod 3 resources and Dyndolod 3 alpha 65. Installed xLodgen.

Ran Texgen (log files attached). Installed generated output (MO2) Ran xLODGen to generate Terrain Lod (Only Terrain LOD, baked normal maps) - Installed the output. 

Ran  Dyndolod 3 using recommended settings on Veydogolt Trees site, including Ultra for Tree Gen. After fixing one mod with a bad reference picked up by Dyndolod, it ran through ot the end, but failed to generate some worlds, including Tamriel and Solstheim (those log files included) - 

<Error: LODGenx64.exe failed to generate object LOD for Tamriel. LODGenx64.exe returned E0434352. Check C:\Games\DynDoLod\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_SSE_Tamriel_log.txt>

TexGen Debug, TexGen Log txt, Tamriel Log, Solstheim Log https://gofile.io/d/OuStFH

No "bugreport.txt" was generated.

I have read some reports about this happening when running with grass cache files included, but could find the answers/solutions.

In the meantime perhaps I can try with decreased settings

E0434352 can mean there is a problem with the .Net installation. Try Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

If there is no LODGen_[GAME MODE]_[WORLDSPACE]_log.txt or it does not contain a useful error message, start DynDOLOD in expert mode, select the desired worldspace and click Execute LODGen. Bring the LODGen command prompt window to the front to see if it prints more details to the console. If that does not give more detail, check the Windows Event Viewer for additional messages from the .NET Runtime.

Also upload the the DynDLOD log and debug log.

Thx for the answer - in the meantime I re-ran everything except lowered the Dyndolod setting from High to Medium - it worked without issue - I will see how it looks in game, if ok run with it, if I feel I need to do High will take your instructions to mind. 

Suddenly getting BSOD ( havent seen one in years ) towards the end of DYNDOLOD's generation. Always at the same point. Computer seems to be working fine, games running without issue. Hardware temps are normal.

Has anyone had this happen to them ?

43 minutes ago, 1erCru said:

Suddenly getting BSOD ( havent seen one in years ) towards the end of DYNDOLOD's generation. Always at the same point. Computer seems to be working fine, games running without issue. Hardware temps are normal.

Has anyone had this happen to them ?

BSOD are a hardware, BIOS setting, OS, driver problem etc. Searching for the BSOD code/message typically provides a hint.