DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

13 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

Finally managed to get DynDOLOD working on a consistent basis (despite my ineptitudes).
Thanks again for making it, it's a really nice and usefull tool :)

I have one question about the grass LODs though, something I cant figure out, and thats about the gap between the pop-out of the LODs and the fade-in of the loaded grass.
I've seen a lot of images and videos that show seemingly uninterrupted grass from the character all the way to the horizon, but no matter what I try, I still get the gap between the LODs and the loaded grass...
I tryed both grass modes in the DynDOLOD advanced menu. I tryed tweeking uGridsToLoad and all of the fGrassFade settings in the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. I tryed doing the same in BethINI and with the overwrite function in No Grass In Objects... but none of it makes any difference at all, as close as I can tell.

So what am I missing?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic to pose this question in, but I figure it's related to getting the most out of the awesome Grass LOD featrure in DynDOLOD :)

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD

Grass LOD can either start right beyond the active exterior cells (uGridsToLoad) which equals to Mode/DynDOLODGrassMode = 1 or beyond the large reference distance (uLargeRefLODGridSize) which equals to Mode/DynDOLODGrassMode = 2.

Set the desired Mode in the advanced mode of DynDOLOD under the Grass LOD checkbox and for DynDOLODGrassMode in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt. While the DynDOLODGrassMode can be changed at any time, the Mode used to generate grass LOD is baked into the object LOD meshes.

4 hours ago, Zanderat said:

Ok.  Thanks again.  I will fiddle around and see what I get.

It looks like the green grass LOD shown is entirely different grass LOD that what you are using, but it could also be your ENB I guess. This is pretty stark though.

Using cathedral landscapes, which also has brown grass, the following settings in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini work nicely to correct the green LOD grass. You may need to adjust a bit lower, but give this a shot:

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
GrassBrightnessTopR=0.295
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.315
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.300
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.170
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.175
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.180

45 minutes ago, burnersaurus said:

Finally managed to get DynDOLOD working on a consistent basis (despite my ineptitudes).
Thanks again for making it, it's a really nice and usefull tool :)

I have one question about the grass LODs though, something I cant figure out, and thats about the gap between the pop-out of the LODs and the fade-in of the loaded grass.
I've seen a lot of images and videos that show seemingly uninterrupted grass from the character all the way to the horizon, but no matter what I try, I still get the gap between the LODs and the loaded grass...
I tryed both grass modes in the DynDOLOD advanced menu. I tryed tweeking uGridsToLoad and all of the fGrassFade settings in the Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini. I tryed doing the same in BethINI and with the overwrite function in No Grass In Objects... but none of it makes any difference at all, as close as I can tell.

So what am I missing?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong topic to pose this question in, but I figure it's related to getting the most out of the awesome Grass LOD featrure in DynDOLOD :)

You can also see this grass LOD guide, which discusses how to resolve. This assumes use of NGIO and its mechanics, but that is not supported in SAE yet. In SAE, a different approach can be used.

To keep this topic from going off topic, please post replies on the topic linked at the top of that guide and on the other topic linked.

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

From https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD

Grass LOD can either start right beyond the active exterior cells (uGridsToLoad) which equals to Mode/DynDOLODGrassMode = 1 or beyond the large reference distance (uLargeRefLODGridSize) which equals to Mode/DynDOLODGrassMode = 2.

Set the desired Mode in the advanced mode of DynDOLOD under the Grass LOD checkbox and for DynDOLODGrassMode in ..\NetScriptFramework\Plugins\GrassControl.config.txt. While the DynDOLODGrassMode can be changed at any time, the Mode used to generate grass LOD is baked into the object LOD meshes.

Thank you for replying Sheson. I did miss the bit about setting the mode both in the advanced menu and the GrassControl.config.txt..
Having now tryed it however, I can say with relative certainty, that I experience no difference.
Was I supposed to enable this before running the grass precache, or is this an issue of trying to run it in Skyrim AE?  

1 hour ago, Carbony said:

I Finally managed to get DynDOLOD work, but i have a little problem, i have this preset   https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0#Run_DynDOLOD  with 50 density in grass lod, but in game i have this, no lod for the grass.

It's the new version of verdant.  

test.dyndolod.jpg

Read the https://dyndolod.info/Help/Grass-LOD#No-Grass-LOD-Check-List

3 hours ago, burnersaurus said:

Quick Question: Does changing the "Strength of Ambient light" setting for grass in TexGen effect the way ENB light settings interact with grass LODs?

The settings affect the how billboard textures are generated as can be tested with the preview.

29 minutes ago, Carbony said:

I have read this and follow the instruction but even after i have this 

I have set "OverwriteGrassDistance" to 20000 begore 6000 and "OverwriteGrassFadeRange" to 10000 before 14000

DYND_1.jpg

Those setting have no affect on grass cache or grass LOD generation or grass LOD itself, which is part of object LOD.

If DynDOLODGrassMode is not 0 any other full grass distance setting in the Skyrim or NGIO INI is overwritten.

If no grass LOD shows for certain grasses means there are no billboards for it or the grass cache doesn't have its position or object LOD generation failed with error messages.

Going through the checklist should cover all requirements and steps. E.g. it tells you what to check and at least one of checks has to be negative unless you did not install the generated object LOD or it is being overwritten.

23 hours ago, z929669 said:

It looks like the green grass LOD shown is entirely different grass LOD that what you are using, but it could also be your ENB I guess. This is pretty stark though.

Using cathedral landscapes, which also has brown grass, the following settings in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini work nicely to correct the green LOD grass. You may need to adjust a bit lower, but give this a shot:

; grass LOD brightness multipliers
GrassBrightnessTopR=0.295
GrassBrightnessTopG=0.315
GrassBrightnessTopB=0.300
; make bottom darker to fake shadowing
GrassBrightnessBottomR=0.170
GrassBrightnessBottomG=0.175
GrassBrightnessBottomB=0.180

Thank you!  Those settings helped quite a bit.  Could be tweaked a bit more.  But that can wait until the next time I run DynDOLOD.  The match is pretty close now, as it is.  Thanks again.

edit:  ENB is definitely in play here, too.  Without ENB, it is a perfect match (using the above settings).  With ENB, I will need to tweak a bit darker.

Edited by Zanderat
  • Like 1

TexGen keeps halting completely when I have RealisticWaterTwo v5 mod installed.

It fails due to this reason:

[09:20]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treeaspen02_0006c9d5 with Meshes\landscape\trees\treeaspen02.nif Skyrim.esm TreeAspen02 [TREE:0006C9D5]
[09:21]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\volcanicgrassobj01_000713d8 with Meshes\landscape\grass\volcanicgrassobj01.nif Skyrim.esm VolcanicGrass01 [GRAS:000713D8]
[09:22]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\dawnguard.esm\dlc1treewinteraspensnow01_0000ce13 with Meshes\dlc01\landscape\trees\dlc1treewinteraspensnow01.nif Dawnguard.esm DLC1TreeWinterAspenSnow01 [STAT:0200CE13]
[09:23]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforest03_0004b016 with Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforest03.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForest03 [TREE:0004B016]
[09:24]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestdeadsnow05_000ef5a1 with Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestdeadsnow05.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow05Dead [TREE:000EF5A1]
[09:27]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestsnowl02_0005d2da with Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestsnowl02.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnowL02 [TREE:0005D2DA]
[09:30]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\reachtree02_000b8a74 with Meshes\landscape\trees\reachtree02.nif Skyrim.esm TreeReachTree02 [TREE:000B8A74]
[09:34]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\srg_treepineforestdeadsnow04_000ef5a2 with Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestdeadsnow04.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow04Dead [TREE:000EF5A2]
[09:36]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\dragonborn.esm\treepineforestash01_00017f72 with Meshes\dlc02\landscape\trees\treepineforestash01.nif Dragonborn.esm DLC2TreePineForestAsh01 [TREE:04017F72]
[09:37]     Creating billboard D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\terrain\lodgen\skyrim.esm\treepineforestsnow03_0005c070 with Meshes\landscape\trees\treepineforestsnow03.nif Skyrim.esm TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:0005C070]
[10:03] Creating temporary files
[10:03]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_skyrimesm.txt with 27
[10:03]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_dawnguardesm.txt with 3
[10:03]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_dragonbornesm.txt with 2
[10:03]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_copy_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt with 3
[10:03]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_skyrimesm.txt with 991
[10:31]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_alpha_skyrimesm.txt with 11
[10:31]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dawnguardesm.txt with 163
[10:31]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_dragonbornesm.txt with 90
[10:32]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_majesticmountains_landscapeesm.txt with 6
[10:32]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_alpha_blendedroadsesp.txt with 23
[10:32]     Processing D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_realisticwatertwoesp.txt with 5
[10:32] Error: File not found textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds.
[16:33] User says "Exit TexGen"
[16:33] Removing temporary files
[16:34] Created a summary of log messages D:\Games\Vortex\DynDOLOD\Summary\TexGen_Index.html.

Looking through the edit scripts file DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_realisticwatertwoesp.txt

// These do not need to keep alpha, LOD alpha is on/off only
// See 'data file format' in DynDOLOD TexGen.pas
// See 'How to add LOD textures creation rules to TexGen' in DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html

0    1    1    1    textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds    x    7    0    0    textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_fallsnoalpha.dds    0    x

It seems that the script is expecting this file: textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds

Looking at textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_fallsnoalpha.dds it is included in the DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 mod but the textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds file is missing. 

Can anyone confirm if I am doing something wrong or whether this is truly a missing texture in the Resources mod.

22 minutes ago, Wolvyreen said:

TexGen keeps halting completely when I have RealisticWaterTwo v5 mod installed.

It fails due to this reason:

Error: File not found textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dd

Looking through the edit scripts file DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\Configs\DynDOLOD_SSE_TexGen_noalpha_realisticwatertwoesp.txt

It seems that the script is expecting this file: textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds

Looking at textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_fallsnoalpha.dds it is included in the DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 mod but the textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds file is missing. 

Can anyone confirm if I am doing something wrong or whether this is truly a missing texture in the Resources mod.

The texture textures\effects\FXWhiteWater02_falls.dds ships with Realistic Water Two 3.x and newer and is installed with its core files.

DynDOLOD Resources does not include full textures from mods, because the installed mods include them.