DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

3 hours ago, sa547 said:

Getting rid of the "shrink-wrapped" mountains after enabling the Terrain Underside option, turns out, needs a readjustment of [TerrainManager] settings in SkyrimPrefs.ini -- setting them to Ultra values solved the problem.

fBlockLevel0Distance=35000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=70000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5
fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000

Sounds like the screenshot/problem I replied to here.

I just wanted to post to express my appreciation here.  My game looks unbelievable... stunning even!  Well beyond what I felt I was capable of doing.  Tree LODs are the prefect colour, grass is lush and even as far as the eye can see... no flickering... anything!  After nearly a decade of playing Skyrim, I feel like I've gotten it as perfect as I can, thanks to some crazy ENBs, Parallax Textures but mostly due to this.  I believe I will spend the next few weeks going bug-eyed in front of my TV in Tamriel.  A million thanks for gifting this to the community.

9 hours ago, BrotherShamus said:

I just wanted to post to express my appreciation here.  My game looks unbelievable... stunning even!  Well beyond what I felt I was capable of doing.  Tree LODs are the prefect colour, grass is lush and even as far as the eye can see... no flickering... anything!  After nearly a decade of playing Skyrim, I feel like I've gotten it as perfect as I can, thanks to some crazy ENBs, Parallax Textures but mostly due to this.  I believe I will spend the next few weeks going bug-eyed in front of my TV in Tamriel.  A million thanks for gifting this to the community.

Thanks. Enjoy.

Access violation at address 000000000164AE48 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
Computer says "Access violation at address 000000000164AE48 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000

Hi, I was running dyndo and this error just pop out. 

34 minutes ago, MITSUYOMI said:

Access violation at address 000000000164AE48 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000
Computer says "Access violation at address 000000000164AE48 in module 'DynDOLODx64.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000

Hi, I was running dyndo and this error just pop out. 

Read the first post and follow its suggestions.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

@sheson I can't recall the reason for this issue, but you will know probably.

DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: If the problems is stuck object LOD in Whiterun after fast travel, change Distant Object Detail on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher from Ultra to High. Alternatively try just slightly changing the value fBlockLevel0Distance=60000 in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 57000. 

A: If the problem is stuck object LOD in loaded cells, it can be caused by uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini.

The problem with locked object LOD to 32 seems to have a higher (or maybe only?) chance of happening if there are no object LOD Level 32 files. It might also correlate to specific INI settings, like the stuck object LOD after fast travel. But I never really looked that long into it.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD FAQ: Game: Out of place objects / floating objects / flickering full models

A: If the problems is stuck object LOD in Whiterun after fast travel, change Distant Object Detail on the View Distance tab of the Advanced options of the games launcher from Ultra to High. Alternatively try just slightly changing the value fBlockLevel0Distance=60000 in SkyrimPrefs.ini to 57000. 

A: If the problem is stuck object LOD in loaded cells, it can be caused by uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 in Skyrim.ini.

The problem with locked object LOD to 32 seems to have a higher (or maybe only?) chance of happening if there are no object LOD Level 32 files. It might also correlate to specific INI settings, like the stuck object LOD after fast travel. But I never really looked that long into it.

IIRC, you also mentioned once that disabling autosaves on fast travel can cause this issue. I know it is a common advisement among many to disable autosaves completely.

In my testing, there were issues with setting uLockedObjectMapLOD below 16, which could be visibly seen on the map itself in the vicinity around where the player character was standing. Object LOD on the map would be decimated, and I believe this also must have been in some way related to the stuck LOD bugs.

I have play tested for quite a long time using uLockedObjectMapLOD=32 with the DynDOLOD generated lod32 object LOD and have yet to witness stuck LOD issues.

1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

IRC, you also mentioned once that disabling autosaves on fast travel can cause this issue. I know it is a common advisement among many to disable autosaves completely.

Now that you mention it, I recall running into this issue a long time ago when I had completely disabled autosaves. This is the post that documents the findings on fast travel and Sheson's response.

7 hours ago, MITSUYOMI said:

Apparently, my issue with the access error or something is because the new Beyond Skyrim Bruma version deletes a cell in Tamriel. Disabling the file while running dyndo works but it is not a fix either. Hoping that it will get patched soon tho.

Problems can not be investigated or fixed if people do not upload log files and bugreport.txt as explained in the first post.

LOD generation runs through without a problem with Beyond Bruma 1.5.1 installed and enabled in the load order.

Hey sorry to bother you guys again, I just had a final question of something more obscure and I don't have time IRL to test on yet.
When you change the Top Grass RGB brightness values in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini do you need to regenerate TexGen or DynDOLOD each time? Or is this something that can be changed after generating a DynDOLOD_Output or Texgen file in some way?

Thank you as always, even if its just reading it.

4 minutes ago, Sandcom said:

Hey sorry to bother you guys again, I just had a final question of something more obscure and I don't have time IRL to test on yet.
When you change the Top Grass RGB brightness values in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini do you need to regenerate TexGen or DynDOLOD each time? Or is this something that can be changed after generating a DynDOLOD_Output or Texgen file in some way?

Thank you as always, even if its just reading it.

The second post / ..\DynDOLOD3\docs\help\GrassLOD.html ""Updating" section explains how to update / test different settings.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

The second post / ..\DynDOLOD3\docs\help\GrassLOD.html ""Updating" section explains how to update / test different settings.

Thank you! I'll read it on my plane ride, I really appreciate it, and sorry for making you repeat things you've told others.

Edited by Sandcom
Apology needed for inconveniencing Author and Mod Team with what is likely self-explanatory questions.

Hello Sir Sheson. First of all, thank you for your amazing work and for being so active and helpful. 

I recently restarted modding skyrim after a longer break and built my LO.
I've been using DyndoLod 2.0 for a long while and tried out 3.0 months ago without any issues. 

The problem came when I tried to run DYNDOLOD 3.0 (pre AE version, using Papyrus Logs) with Ultra Settings etc. 
My game would literally crash after launching either a new game or getting into an already existing save file. I tracked the crashes down to the Dyndolod.esp.
After a loooong while of constantly running dyndolod again and again. I came across an old post where you pretty much told the person to manually disable chunks of DYNDOLOD Output and check if it works. I did that and came across empty meshes (file size 235b, name of NiNode ''obj'') in the meshes/terrain/objects folder, which I disabled afterwards. No crashes happened afterwards. (Netscript Framework Crash Logs would also mention this mesh in the crash logs)
Screenshot-272.png
Desktop-Screenshot-2021-11-22-19-02-03-8

Do you perhaps know what type of mods could cause these types of meshes to be generated via dyndolod? I have never had this issue before.

(Here is my LO if u rly need it)
https://paste.ee/p/B9mYE

(Edit: NTOverhaul.esp is tree replacer and NTADDON.esp tree addon, NGOverhaul.esp is grass mashup)

With kind regards,
Noah

Edited by NoahR