DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

30 minutes ago, NovaBear said:

I figured it out. For some reason dyndolod is trying to install to my D drive. how do i force it to search for skyrim in my C folder?

It is unclear what you mean by "DynDOLOD is trying to install to my D drive".

DynDOLOD Standalone is an archive that the user unpacks into a folder of their choice.
DynDOLOD Resources is a typical mod archive with a FOMOD installer that should be installed with the mod manager.

There is not really anything in DynDOLOD that wants to install anything.

I suggest to click the Help for this message link to open ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Resources.html and double check all the things listed, including disabling or adding exceptions for everything in anti-vir.

ok, sorry this whole thing is such a mess and it's all my bad. I just got out of the hospital and have lost almost all my stuff, im on like 15 different meds and am super loopy. For reason unrelated to DynDOLOD i have two installation of skyrim, one in my D: drive and one in my C: drive. My "main" one is the C drive, everything about it except dyndolod works. I decided to do dyndolod 2 instead and it gave me a very similar but more detailed error with extra information. Due to my meddling i can't get the specific error again, but it was something along the lines of "files not found, we are looking in D:\Skyrim Special Edition" when i have everything installed in the C drive. So for some reason dyndolod is zero in on my d drive.

29 minutes ago, NovaBear said:

ok, sorry this whole thing is such a mess and it's all my bad. I just got out of the hospital and have lost almost all my stuff, im on like 15 different meds and am super loopy. For reason unrelated to DynDOLOD i have two installation of skyrim, one in my D: drive and one in my C: drive. My "main" one is the C drive, everything about it except dyndolod works. I decided to do dyndolod 2 instead and it gave me a very similar but more detailed error with extra information. Due to my meddling i can't get the specific error again, but it was something along the lines of "files not found, we are looking in D:\Skyrim Special Edition" when i have everything installed in the C drive. So for some reason dyndolod is zero in on my d drive.

From ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Resources.html:
Verify that the correct game data folder is being used for the checks. Check the top of the message log that the tools are started in the desired game mode and check that the correct game data path is used. For example: Using Skyrim Special Edition Data Path: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\Data\

"... the correct game data path is used" links to ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Registry.html which explains:
Starting the game launcher once will update the location information in the Windows registry.

So start the launcher from the desired location to update the registry and all tools will then find the game and data folder at that path.

Hello!

So I'm getting "Error processing grass data *.cgid Unable to read beyond the end of the stream. System.IO.EndOfStreamException"

As instructed, I deleted Tamrielx0005y-036.cgid file, loaded the game, opened console, entered cow Tamriel 0005 036 and loaded directly into the cell. No Objects In Grass was supposed to generate the file anew, but it did not. I mean, it's not in overwrite. Where can I find it?

4 hours ago, ungvaar said:

Hello!

So I'm getting "Error processing grass data *.cgid Unable to read beyond the end of the stream. System.IO.EndOfStreamException"

As instructed, I deleted Tamrielx0005y-036.cgid file, loaded the game, opened console, entered cow Tamriel 0005 036 and loaded directly into the cell. No Objects In Grass was supposed to generate the file anew, but it did not. I mean, it's not in overwrite. Where can I find it?

You need to ask questions about third party mods in their appropriate comments section, forum or discord. Make sure its settings allow to generate grass on demand.

Use MO2 right pane data tab to find files in the virtual data folder.

47 minutes ago, RulerOfWorlds said:

Hey sheson, quick question.

What exactly does dyndolod do with the grass cache?

Or more specifically, if I switch grass mods can I use the same grass cache for generation or do I have to regenerate it?

The grass cache contains the positions of grass models for each grass model.

If the grass cache needs updating is a question to ask on NGIO. Changing grass mods typically means it is outdated.

I'm currently getting a weird empty spot on my grass right before the last loaded cells, and after the real grass ends. What have I done wrong? I've tried disabling grass fade, have tried adjusted fade range, fade start min and max, I'm out of ideas of what to try. Did the pre cash, texgen and dyndolod. Didn't enable override grass distance option in NGIO config, thought that'd be unnecessary with grass lod. Did I miss something on the main page? I've read it 5 times already, can't find a solution on it or online. 

2 hours ago, KatCut said:

I'm currently getting a weird empty spot on my grass right before the last loaded cells, and after the real grass ends. What have I done wrong? I've tried disabling grass fade, have tried adjusted fade range, fade start min and max, I'm out of ideas of what to try. Did the pre cash, texgen and dyndolod. Didn't enable override grass distance option in NGIO config, thought that'd be unnecessary with grass lod. Did I miss something on the main page? I've read it 5 times already, can't find a solution on it or online. 

Ensure you are using the corresponding DynDOLOD grass mode in both the NGIO config and in the DynDOLOD gui when you generate.

2 hours ago, KatCut said:

Read the second post.

Grass LOD either starts right beyond the loaded cells (mode 1) order beyond the large reference grid (mode 2) set in the advanced options.

As explained in the second post set the desired DynDOLODGrassMode in NGIO INI so full grass renders to the correcting distance.

2 hours ago, sheson said:

Read the second post.

Grass LOD either starts right beyond the loaded cells (mode 1) order beyond the large reference grid (mode 2) set in the advanced options.

As explained in the second post set the desired DynDOLODGrassMode in NGIO INI so full grass renders to the correcting distance.

I'm sorry I missed that. I probably miss understood the explanation u gave on the main page. I thought the options were to start after the last loaded cells mode 1 and much further away in mode 2. I now see that makes no sense, as that would require extended grass from NGIO. I'm kinda new to this stuff, so sorry for the misunderstanding. Just to clarify, does large reference mode mean closer to the player than the furthest loaded cells or not? Cause If it's close enough to blend with the real grass, then that's the solution to my problem. But if not then It would only make it worst.

PS: I'm autistic, so maybe a more literal and detailed explanation could help me grasp it. I'm quite terrible with figurative thinking. Also english isn't my first language...

NVM: Found the issue. My base game settings for grass weren't working properly, so no matter how far I set it, it would never render all the grass all the way up to the cell borders. So the solution is to use NGIO's override grass distance without the extended grass. Fixes the issue with no noticeable pop in. The only thing I did notice popping in, was tree lods when I got closer to them, they flickered in to a new model, even tho, I'm using ultra trees. I was moving at 500 speedmult tho, so maybe the engine didn't have time to fade it in in time idk. U made this mod u should know If I messed something up. I've used dyndolod 2 for over three years and didn't get this kind of flickering, that've noticed at least. Using EVT for 3.0. Why does the flickering happen? Why not just fade it in like with grass?

48 minutes ago, KatCut said:

I'm sorry I missed that. I probably miss understood the explanation u gave on the main page. I thought the options were to start after the last loaded cells mode 1 and much further away in mode 2. I now see that makes no sense, as that would require extended grass from NGIO. I'm kinda new to this stuff, so sorry for the misunderstanding. Just to clarify, does large reference mode mean closer to the player than the furthest loaded cells or not? Cause If it's close enough to blend with the real grass, then that's the solution to my problem. But if not then It would only make it worst.

PS: I'm autistic, so maybe a more literal and detailed explanation could help me grasp it. I'm quite terrible with figurative thinking. Also english isn't my first language...

NVM: Found the issue. My base game settings for grass weren't working properly, so no matter how far I set it, it would never render all the grass all the way up to the cell borders. So the solution is to use NGIO's override grass distance without the extended grass. Fixes the issue with no noticeable pop in. The only thing I did notice popping in, was tree lods when I got closer to them, they flickered in to a new model, even tho, I'm using ultra trees. I was moving at 500 speedmult tho, so maybe the engine didn't have time to fade it in in time idk. U made this mod u should know If I messed something up. I've used dyndolod 2 for over three years and didn't get this kind of flickering, that've noticed at least. Using EVT for 3.0. Why does the flickering happen? Why not just fade it in like with grass?

DynDOLOD 2/3 do things exactly the same. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works. Ultra tree LOD means LOD for trees in done in object LOD.

The engine loads full models for a cell first before disabling object LOD. In that brief time full model and object LOD models show at the same time. The busier the game is the longer that might take.

22 minutes ago, sheson said:

DynDOLOD 2/3 do things exactly the same. DynDOLOD does not change how the engine works. Ultra tree LOD means LOD for trees in done in object LOD.

The engine loads full models for a cell first before disabling object LOD. In that brief time full model and object LOD models show at the same time. The busier the game is the longer that might take.

gotcha, thanks for all u've done for the community ; )