DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

21 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Thanks again for your support, really appriciated! I

did another attempt with the same mods, completely re-installed on a new, cleaned game but got the same error for the bark so hopefully version 53 will solve this? 

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Texture resolution 1024x6144 not a power of 2.

[Content]
Texture textures\landscape\trees\treepineforestbarkcomp3.dds

Used by Meshes\landscape\trees\sfo1treepineforestsnowheavy03.nif The Flora of Skyrim Trees SSE.esp SFO1TreePineForestSnow03 [TREE:BA000802]

Help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

I then disable the mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/20336 and replaced the bark with this one instead https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44226 but I still get this error so now I will try to remove the mod "Trees addon" as well...

[Window Title]
DynDOLOD

[Main Instruction]
Texture resolution 132x256 not a power of 2.

[Content]
Texture textures\landscape\trees\improvedsrg_pine04_alt.dds

Used by meshes\dyndolod\lod\trees\gkbcyrodil3_539c9cd8passthru_lod.nif Treeswinedave.esp gkbcyrodil04 "GKB Cyrodil 04" [TREE:FE0BAA52]

Help for this message

[Exit DynDOLOD]

[Footer]
DynDOLOD FAQ | Support Forum | Copy message to clipboard

Yeah the Trees addon is just a borked LOD assets in the download. That wrong texture is just how it is packaged.

53 minutes ago, sheson said:

Yeah the Trees addon is just a borked LOD assets in the download. That wrong texture is just how it is packaged.

Too bad, really like that mod... But for now I will make another attempt with just using "A little tree mod" and the complemting 3D Hybrid -models. Fingers crossed...

18 minutes ago, TheDude said:

Too bad, really like that mod... But for now I will make another attempt with just using "A little tree mod" and the complemting 3D Hybrid -models. Fingers crossed...

Alpha-53 will report the problem to the log instead.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sheson said:

OK, sounds great! Another noob-question: even if the problem from now on will only be reported to the log, do you advise on not using Trees addon anyway? Since it contains these "borked LOD-assets"? Could it give me problems later on?

30 minutes ago, TheDude said:

OK, sounds great! Another noob-question: even if the problem from now on will only be reported to the log, do you advise on not using Trees addon anyway? Since it contains these "borked LOD-assets"? Could it give me problems later on?

I would just notify the author so the mod can be updated.

7 hours ago, sheson said:

The NIF seems to define a texture that does not seem to be a valid filename but also not empty.

This won't affect tree LOD but the full model tree. It is possible it is not the diffuse texture and thus the missing texture is not resulting in a noticeable visual issue.

Thanks for the reply!  Hmm, I'm trying it on another pc and not getting that warning for some reason (same EVT version, same alpha...but at a much lowered resolution and quality as its on a laptop & my home pc is at 4k).  I've tried redownloading & reinstalling but the result is the same.  So if I would have a visible issue, I'd be seeing it in the full tree model not the lod?

25 minutes ago, tnicko said:

Thanks for the reply!  Hmm, I'm trying it on another pc and not getting that warning for some reason (same EVT version, same alpha...but at a much lowered resolution and quality as its on a laptop & my home pc is at 4k).  I've tried redownloading & reinstalling but the result is the same.  So if I would have a visible issue, I'd be seeing it in the full tree model not the lod?

The message tells us the model filename:

Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestdeadsnow02.nif

This is a full model and not a LOD model.

The obvious first thing to do is to open the mentioned NIF file in NifSkope and check the texture definitions. If it is just a space character it will take some effort to spot. But maybe it becomes obvious if either diffuse or normal slot are "empty" for a texture set.

18 minutes ago, sheson said:

The message tells us the model filename:

Meshes\landscape\trees\srg_treepineforestdeadsnow02.nif

This is a full model and not a LOD model.

The obvious first thing to do is to open the mentioned NIF file in NifSkope and check the texture definitions. If it is just a space character it will take some effort to spot. But maybe it becomes obvious if either diffuse or normal slot are "empty" for a texture set.

Ah, excellent I will examine the file in nifskope when I get home today.  Thank you, I'll let you know what I find.

3 hours ago, sheson said:

Just wanted to ask: Would it ne possible to change this via ini?

For me it's easier to see directly what's wrong, so that I have the Option to stop the Generation on point to fix the problems instead of looking at the logs afterwords.

43 minutes ago, PRieST said:

Just wanted to ask: Would it ne possible to change this via ini?

For me it's easier to see directly what's wrong, so that I have the Option to stop the Generation on point to fix the problems instead of looking at the logs afterwords.

The plan is to have a summary of certain warnings and error messages presented at the end. I will see if I can add an option to define stop conditions.

1 hour ago, tnicko said:

Ok, I managed to download nifskope here and open the nif in question.  Now, I have VERY little knowledge on this subject...but looking at the BSShader Texture Set under the 2nd of the 3 BSTriShape headers in the left window, there are 3 lines for textures (instead of 2 lines like under the other BSTriShape Shader Texture Sets) and the third line only has "textures\" like in the dyndolod warning, not a full path.  Could this be the issue?  Screenshot attached. 

Another question, this is the only nif file named in this fashion (with the capital letters in "PineForestDeadSnow"), all the others are all lower case.  Is that some sort of issue or not important at all?

Screenshot 2021-10-21 072101.png

Edited by tnicko

20 minutes ago, tnicko said:

Ok, I managed to download nifskope here and open the nif in question.  Now, I have VERY little knowledge on this subject...but looking at the BSShader Texture Set under the 2nd of the 3 BSTriShape headers in the left window, there are 3 lines for textures (instead of 2 lines like under the other BSTriShape Shader Texture Sets) and the third line only has "textures\" like in the dyndolod warning, not a full path.  Could this be the issue?  Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2021-10-21 072101.png

YES, this is the issue and explains the empty texture path in the error. I will reply on the Nexus topic, but I essentially need to fix this in the mod. In the meantime, you can resolve this as follows:

1. Double-click on the third texture row and clear that partial path
  2. Save the model
  3. Get the CRC32 from this model (right click the NIF and you should see a CRC option if you have 7z installed)
  4. Go into the mod and update the CRC in the file names for this treefile names:
    • DynDOLOD/Render/../
    • meshes/DynDOLOD/../
  5. Save each LOD model
  6. Regenerate using DynDOLOD, and the error should be gone.

24 minutes ago, z929669 said:

YES, this is the issue and explains the empty texture path in the error. I will reply on the Nexus topic, but I essentially need to fix this in the mod. In the meantime, you can resolve this as follows:

1. Double-click on the third texture row and clear that partial path
  2. Save the model
  3. Get the CRC32 from this model (right click the NIF and you should see a CRC option if you have 7z installed)
  4. Go into the mod and update the CRC in the file names for this treefile names:
    • DynDOLOD/Render/../
    • meshes/DynDOLOD/../
  5. Save each LOD model
  6. Regenerate using DynDOLOD, and the error should be gone.

Ah, ok awesome!  There is a similar issue with other nifs as well (SRG_treepineforestdeadsnow04 & 05) I believe...although they're not throwing an error for some reason.

Edited by tnicko

33 minutes ago, tnicko said:

Ah, ok awesome!  There is a similar issue with other nifs as well (SRG_treepineforestdeadsnow04 & 05) I believe...although they're not throwing an error for some reason.

I will look at those as well. It could be that this particular partial path has a space after the slash or something, whereas the others don't. There must be some difference that causes DynDOLOD to throw the error in one case but not the others. Maybe it's a trunk vs crown ... I can't tell from the texture names or the NifSkope screen. Thanks