DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Good morning, kind sir,

Its not a Sunday morning unless I have issues with something, or I pester you for answers. I'm running DynDOLOD and I'm having an issue whole reading images, apparently. I've actually been having issues with the last few versions, but I chalked that up to MO2 nd my unfamiliarity with it. But I switched back to VORTEX and am still having the same problems.

I'm sorry this did not give me a debug_log.txt. It did give me several others like the Tamriel_log.txt, which I'm assuming is the furthest it ran since that is the newest log. That one says it ended.

Anyway, here is a picture of the error I'm getting. Any clues about what it is? I'll send the bug report because it does mention the error as well.bugreport.txt

8.png

Hmmmph. I just downloaded the latest version to make sure I had the right one because I was switching back and forth between versions, and this one just closes on me after about two minutes. No degub_log.txt, no bugreport.txt, no popup warning or error. It just closes on me.

Edited by skinjack

1 hour ago, skinjack said:

So I ran it again. This time I grabbed a screenshot where it errored. Plus, this run has a debug_log.txt. And a bugreport.txt. I hope that is a little more helpful. I seem to be getting random issues on different runs.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/63ca598my17u5ax/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

9.png

bugreport.txt 241.47 kB · 0 downloads

Looks like it is running out of memory. Use the x46 version.

For future reference, do not  post screenshots of the message log. It is saved to the log file and all the message are part of the debug log, too. That is why the first post explain to upload them. Instead of posting a screenshot of the error message, use Copy message to clipboard and paste that instead.

Sorry about that. I'm not sure how it is running out of memory. I have 64GB. I get a message in Vortex every once in a while saying it is using a lot of memory and could crash, but it says it is only using 3GB, so I've always ignored it. Even if my computer were not recognizing all the RAM sets, I still have 4-16GB sticks. 

I am using the 64x version. At least I thought I was. I'll have to look again.

That was one mistake, I was pointing to the regular path after updating, not the 64x. Still crashing on me with no debug_log.txt, though. I'll run it a few times to make sure something else isn't going on. I have a large number of logs this time, ending with the Sovngarde_log.txt, so I'm getting close. Thank you for pointing out the 64x issue. That would have frustrated me forever because I wouldn't have thought to look at the path because...you know,,, I'm infallible. :) Stupid novice mistakes today. I swear I'm about to take the rest of the day off.

Edited by skinjack

Well, even with the corrected path to the 64x.exe I'm still closing with no errors or warnings. I do have a Debug_log.txt and a bugreport.txt:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3wu8yizsx903ni/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

I've gotten further with the logs, up to the Sovengard_log, but they didn't have debug information I could send to you.

EDIT: Dang it. Got all the way up to FalmerValleyTerrainUnderside_log.txt this time. I just can't see the memory problem. My computer says I have 64GB, with 63.7 available. I was monitoring memory/CPU usage while DynDOLOD was running and the point it crashed at wasn't even the highest level that the monitor had shown. Never had this issue before. Stupid things like editing a mod in SSEEdit first, but not running out of memory.

Edited by skinjack

48 minutes ago, skinjack said:

Well, even with the corrected path to the 64x.exe I'm still closing with no errors or warnings. I do have a Debug_log.txt and a bugreport.txt:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3wu8yizsx903ni/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

I've gotten further with the logs, up to the Sovengard_log, but they didn't have debug information I could send to you.

EDIT: Dang it. Got all the way up to FalmerValleyTerrainUnderside_log.txt this time. I just can't see the memory problem. My computer says I have 64GB, with 63.7 available. I was monitoring memory/CPU usage while DynDOLOD was running and the point it crashed at wasn't even the highest level that the monitor had shown. Never had this issue before. Stupid things like editing a mod in SSEEdit first, but not running out of memory.

Read the first post what log files to upload. There is two log files to upload. There also has to be a bugreport.txt. 

What do you mean "still" no warnings or errors. There are lots of warning and errors in the log you uploaded. If they have to do with the exception that stops the process is another story. HITMEs are not good.

Why do you assume this exception is the same as the first while the messages about the exception are different?

To be honest I almost never read back further than what could possibly be causing the errors. Code makes my head hurt these days. :) But I can see the "normal" errors and warning while DynDOLOD is running. I am talking about the final, stops the process, popup window you get.

I did just run it again with the same results. It stopped, without a final error or warning window. Just faded from my screen. There is no debug_log.txt or bugreport.txt for this run through, so I will keep running it until I get one. Sorry this is taking so long but sometimes I almost get through the entire run, and DynDOLOD can take a while, even on my computer. You don't necessarily need to respond today. It IS Sunday, and even programmers should get a break. 

EDIT: OK, this time it made it all the way through. No rhyme or reason. CPU usage was 0 to 96%. RAM was 0-52%. I didn't change any files, but had to run this at least 6 times until it finally ran all the way through. I couldn't even hazard a guess as to why it was closing beyond the memory issue, but like I said that should not be a problem for me. I have an I9-1098XE CPU, 64GB of RAM, and a 2080ti GPU. Could the drivers or something be interfering somehow? I'm pretty religious about keeping them updated.

Edited by skinjack

Running latest alpha for the first time after upgrade from Alpha 44 (clean directory). TexGen runs fine, but DynDOLODx64 is failing without reson. LODGenx64 completes without issue long after DynDOLOD fails. No bugreport.txt, and no DynDOLOD log or debug log generated. Tree report is fine.

This is now acting like my xLODGenx64 unresolved issues.

I am running DynDOLOD in the same manner with same settings as I have been for months now. Alpha 44 ran without issue, and this is essentially a repeat using Alpha 47.

It seems the error occurred during logging of this file or immediately after:

App window closed.

Event:

Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x615ec9a2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp: 0xc9db1934
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f99
Faulting process id: 0x7c08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7be43e42f7282
Faulting application path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dd705d9e-af4b-46e4-acd9-879a7c1b1261
Faulting package full name:

EDIT: Ran without issue the second try. No changes otherwise.

EDIT2: This is my first time experiencing this. Not a DynDOLOD issue but rather a model issue I am thinking. The aspen hybrids are very dark relative to full and other trees seem fine. Any idea offhand what might cause this? Using default TexGen settings, and only the aspens seem impacted. I'm thinking it is something with the crowns, but they are copied over from the full models as usual. Model examples follow if you care to have a look (tree mesh rule is Level0/Level1/Level2 with all else default):

SkyrimSE 2021-10-10 22-31-30-27.jpg

7 hours ago, skinjack said:

To be honest I almost never read back further than what could possibly be causing the errors. Code makes my head hurt these days. :) But I can see the "normal" errors and warning while DynDOLOD is running. I am talking about the final, stops the process, popup window you get.

I did just run it again with the same results. It stopped, without a final error or warning window. Just faded from my screen. There is no debug_log.txt or bugreport.txt for this run through, so I will keep running it until I get one. Sorry this is taking so long but sometimes I almost get through the entire run, and DynDOLOD can take a while, even on my computer. You don't necessarily need to respond today. It IS Sunday, and even programmers should get a break. 

EDIT: OK, this time it made it all the way through. No rhyme or reason. CPU usage was 0 to 96%. RAM was 0-52%. I didn't change any files, but had to run this at least 6 times until it finally ran all the way through. I couldn't even hazard a guess as to why it was closing beyond the memory issue, but like I said that should not be a problem for me. I have an I9-1098XE CPU, 64GB of RAM, and a 2080ti GPU. Could the drivers or something be interfering somehow? I'm pretty religious about keeping them updated.

The log message are not code. They typically use plain English words. There is nothing normal about warning or errors. They indicate problems that need to be at least checked and often corrected. Unless you rather troubleshoot mysterious CTD or game issues later.

The reported issues could be because of hardware/driver issues, for example like overclocking, heat or bad memory timings etc.

If there is no debug log, check the windows event log.

11 hours ago, z929669 said:

Running latest alpha for the first time after upgrade from Alpha 44 (clean directory). TexGen runs fine, but DynDOLODx64 is failing without reson. LODGenx64 completes without issue long after DynDOLOD fails. No bugreport.txt, and no DynDOLOD log or debug log generated. Tree report is fine.

This is now acting like my xLODGenx64 unresolved issues.

I am running DynDOLOD in the same manner with same settings as I have been for months now. Alpha 44 ran without issue, and this is essentially a repeat using Alpha 47.

It seems the error occurred during logging of this file or immediately after: LODGen_SSE_DeepwoodRedoubtWorldTerrainUnderside_log.txt

App window closed.

Event:

Faulting application name: DynDOLODx64.exe, version: 3.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x615ec9a2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp: 0xc9db1934
Exception code: 0x0eedfade
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f99
Faulting process id: 0x7c08
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7be43e42f7282
Faulting application path: C:\Modding\Tools\DynDOLOD\DynDOLODx64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: dd705d9e-af4b-46e4-acd9-879a7c1b1261
Faulting package full name:

EDIT: Ran without issue the second try. No changes otherwise.

EDIT2: This is my first time experiencing this. Not a DynDOLOD issue but rather a model issue I am thinking. The aspen hybrids are very dark relative to full and other trees seem fine. Any idea offhand what might cause this? Using default TexGen settings, and only the aspens seem impacted. I'm thinking it is something with the crowns, but they are copied over from the full models as usual. Model examples follow if you care to have a look (tree mesh rule is Level0/Level1/Level2 with all else default):

SkyrimSE 2021-10-10 22-31-30-27.jpg

Nothing changed about TexGen generation or atlas creation.

Can't really check the crown without the full texture for the branches.

It may possibly be an issue with drivers. I'm not sure about that. I usually keep them updated with a program that does them for me. I don't overclock. Heat... eh, maybe, but I doubt it. I have the cpu water-cooled with 5-6 fans in there. Bad memory. Again, could be. Windows is recognizing 64GB, but you can never really tell with RAM. But I hope not. Those were expensive sticks. Probably more machine than I need but my wife did say this is the last one I'm getting in this lifetime. :)

And I didn't mean to trivialize the "normal" errors. I just meant they are errors I normally get before troubleshooting the game further. Same with code. My slang for "Damn, that's a lot of stuff in there-where do I start". But I am going to write that "check the Windows Event log" down in my book of notes. I don't normally look into that because I usually don't have issues with this computer. Outside of Skyrim, of course. 

I see z929669 was running into the same issues I was, or at least similar, although he was a little more informative than I was. Considering there aren't hundreds of comments with the same thing I'm going to go with drivers or some other program on our machines causing the issue as my tentative explanation for that.

Thank you for your patience and knowledge. I'm sure dealing with people like me can be exasperating and most likely annoying. At best. But so far everything seems to work, so again, I thank you kindly for your help.

53 minutes ago, Illana said:

Can we remove this error checking on Dyndolod? It's out of scope for this program to be checking QUEST records surely?

DynDOLOD does not process QUEST records, once the xEdit background loader completed without issues.

Finalize the load order and fix all errors before generating LOD.

If you believe the xEdit error check is making wrong reports about errors, I suggest to make a bug report on the xEdit discord.

If you believe DynDOLOD is making a wrong error report, see the first post what logfile to include when making posts.

If you need help fixing errors in plugins or the load order, see the first post what logfiles to include when making posts and ask qualified questions about it.