DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

14 minutes ago, reeee said:

like when i changed my tree mod, for update i just need keep current dyn active, run dyn and only select tree option, i can quickly update dyn right?

and do i need select occlusion to update if i change tree grass or water mod?

Trees might also have LOD in object or dynamic LOD.

Updating works well in case a new mod that adds a new house etc. while existing assets (models and textures) and everything else stays the same.

If models or textures are replaced, then TexGen needs to be run and object, tree and dynamic LOD needs to be generated from scratch. You can try updating to see if the visual result is OK but it is very likely there will be visual discrepancies.

Any changes made by plugins to worldspace, cell records after initial DynDOLOD plugin generation might not be carried forward if updating or generating Occlusion.esp with existing DynDOLOD.esp in the load order. Such conflicts might need to be fixed manually.

That is just how patching plugins work. When plugins are created, they copy the winning overwrite records from the plugin with the highest priority to contain a record.

Sorry about this question, but I don't have time to read through 125 pages to see if it has been answered yet since I have an appointment in an hour.

I thought I had read that with DynDOLOD 3 you no longer needed No Grass in Objects. Maybe I read it wrong or it changed. But right now I am still sorting through conflicts on my new load order in MO2 and don't want to be hassled with all of the Occlusion/grass precaching, etc. I was just running through DynDOLOD to make sure it worked like before. So how should I approach this?

Go back to the older version of DynDOLOD I still have inactive in MO2? Or just don't check the grass option in the first screens of DynDOLOD 3 or anything to do with Occlusion? Or go back to the older version of DynDOLOD and the older version of No Grass in Objects? Or something different?

I really just don't want to wait an hour or two generating the grass LOD's and Occlusion when I am enabling/disabling/updating mods right now as I sort through my list to see what works. At 1000+ mods I assume I'm going to be on the longer side of that task, even with a i9-10980XE, 2080ti, and 64gb of RAM. 

EDIT: I guess I should note this is the first time I've used MO2, so I've never used the No Grass in Objects precache plugin before.

Edited by skinjack

1 hour ago, skinjack said:

Sorry about this question, but I don't have time to read through 125 pages to see if it has been answered yet since I have an appointment in an hour.

I thought I had read that with DynDOLOD 3 you no longer needed No Grass in Objects. Maybe I read it wrong or it changed. But right now I am still sorting through conflicts on my new load order in MO2 and don't want to be hassled with all of the Occlusion/grass precaching, etc. I was just running through DynDOLOD to make sure it worked like before. So how should I approach this?

Go back to the older version of DynDOLOD I still have inactive in MO2? Or just don't check the grass option in the first screens of DynDOLOD 3 or anything to do with Occlusion? Or go back to the older version of DynDOLOD and the older version of No Grass in Objects? Or something different?

I really just don't want to wait an hour or two generating the grass LOD's and Occlusion when I am enabling/disabling/updating mods right now as I sort through my list to see what works. At 1000+ mods I assume I'm going to be on the longer side of that task, even with a i9-10980XE, 2080ti, and 64gb of RAM. 

EDIT: I guess I should note this is the first time I've used MO2, so I've never used the No Grass in Objects precache plugin before.

Read the first post. For everything about grass LOD, read the second post and/or ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\GrassLOD.html.
Read the included documentation. Use forum search.

If a certain option is not desired for testing or for the real thing, do not enable it in the INI or the advanced mode options window.

Typically, finalize the load order. Then generate LOD with all options as desired.

Current Dyndolod 3 Alpha 42 + updated resources installed. Texgen just run (Grass LOD not selected).

Issue with Grass LOD generation - apparently - which is odd as I have not selected to generate grass LODs, do not have "No Grass In Objects", nor do I intend to.

Produced error - "Item not Found" without specifying what file - selected "help for this message", directed to /Games/DynDoLod/DynDOLOD/docs/help/Exception.html which tells me it is a missing or corrupt *.cgid file to be found in my /Data/Grass directory

The Generating Grass LOD post (second in this thread) tells me these *.cgid files are generated by "No Grass In Objects" - so on one hand it is not surprising that Dyndolod couldn't find them, but on the other hand, why was it looking for them if I didn't have Grass LOD generation selected?.

Repeated, and I went in and made absolutely sure nothing to do with Grass LOD generation was selected. Same error generated at the end of a big batch of Blackreach warnings

Where next? I suppose roll back to the previous version.

1 hour ago, Tetrol88 said:

Current Dyndolod 3 Alpha 42 + updated resources installed. Texgen just run (Grass LOD not selected).

Issue with Grass LOD generation - apparently - which is odd as I have not selected to generate grass LODs, do not have "No Grass In Objects", nor do I intend to.

Produced error - "Item not Found" without specifying what file - selected "help for this message", directed to /Games/DynDoLod/DynDOLOD/docs/help/Exception.html which tells me it is a missing or corrupt *.cgid file to be found in my /Data/Grass directory

The Generating Grass LOD post (second in this thread) tells me these *.cgid files are generated by "No Grass In Objects" - so on one hand it is not surprising that Dyndolod couldn't find them, but on the other hand, why was it looking for them if I didn't have Grass LOD generation selected?.

Repeated, and I went in and made absolutely sure nothing to do with Grass LOD generation was selected. Same error generated at the end of a big batch of Blackreach warnings

Where next? I suppose roll back to the previous version.

Read the first post what log files and bugreport to upload when making posts.

You wrote that the message is "item not found".  Obviously the explanations for a different error message "Error reading grass [worldspace] [x,y]"  do not apply to a different error message. Also if Grass LOD is not checked, then nothing about Grass LOD applies...

So, what applies is the instructions to "See Errors in case the information below does not help."  If you click through to Errors.html you will find:

"Item not found or Duplicates not allowed errors are a problem with the tools encoutering unexpected situations that need to be reported as explained below.", which then explains basically the same as the first post, which log files to upload when making a post.

Yes, the alpha status also applies to the documentation. It is not well sorted and written yet.

Where next? You are participating in an alpha test to find problems and bugs and report them. Post the log files and bugreport as explained.

Hi,

I am using xLODGen Beta 84 and TexGen/DynDOLOD 3.0 with Enderal VR.  I have always gone thru the following process without issue:

1. Run xLODGen with Perfect Terrain LOD (as temporary textures for xLODGen generation only)

2. Run TexGen

3. Run DynDOLOD 3.0 

These steps have always worked flawlessly for me and I've had no issues with terrain/object/tree LOD.  After updating to DynDOLOD Alpha 42, I receive the following error when running DynDOLOD 3.0:  Incorrect terrain LOD for MQP01Home.  See below for log files:

DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_log.txt: https://ufile.io/vpzxe8pr

DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/1c0klc7l

I was actually able fix this issue by simply re-running xLODGen and unticking the worldspace for MQP01Home "Home, Sweet Home" [WRLD:0000003C].  DynDOLOD runs fine now and terrain LODs look great!

I believe I'm actually all set but was just wondering if the above fix is considered an optimal solution for using xLODGen + Perfect Terrain LOD with Enderal VR?  Thanks! 

17 hours ago, Ashok0 said:

Hi,

I am using xLODGen Beta 84 and TexGen/DynDOLOD 3.0 with Enderal VR.  I have always gone thru the following process without issue:

1. Run xLODGen with Perfect Terrain LOD (as temporary textures for xLODGen generation only)

2. Run TexGen

3. Run DynDOLOD 3.0 

These steps have always worked flawlessly for me and I've had no issues with terrain/object/tree LOD.  After updating to DynDOLOD Alpha 42, I receive the following error when running DynDOLOD 3.0:  Incorrect terrain LOD for MQP01Home.  See below for log files:

DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_log.txt: https://ufile.io/vpzxe8pr

DynDOLOD_ENDERALSE_Debug_log.txt: https://ufile.io/1c0klc7l

I was actually able fix this issue by simply re-running xLODGen and unticking the worldspace for MQP01Home "Home, Sweet Home" [WRLD:0000003C].  DynDOLOD runs fine now and terrain LODs look great!

I believe I'm actually all set but was just wondering if the above fix is considered an optimal solution for using xLODGen + Perfect Terrain LOD with Enderal VR?  Thanks! 

Why would you install "perfect" terrain LOD when using xLODGen to generate terrain LOD? That mod was made by simply running xLODGen to generate terrain LOD for the default Skyrim worldspaces. If you want to use its noise.dds in the game just keep that single texture and remove everything else.

"Perfect" terrain LOD includes a renamed SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm which doesn't need to be loaded in the normal game, since it is a resource for generating terrain LOD for Tamriel.

Installing a plugin that contains records for the Tamriel worldspace, means they are placed into Enderals MQP01Home worldspace, which doesn't make much sense. Worse there could be unintentional overwrites of records if plugins for a different game are installed without checking what happens to the vanilla Enderal game data.

2 hours ago, Tetrol88 said:

Ok - Not that anything seems different to what I have stated

The last generated Worldspace message/txt https://ufile.io/peob5cnm

Dyndolod_SSE_log.txt https://ufile.io/fe6kmc8v

Truncated Dyndolod_SSE_Debug_log.txt https://ufile.io/peob5cnm

The first post only mentions to truncate the normal log to the last meaningful generation, as it appends each sessions.
Do not truncate the debug log. It always contains the last session.

Upload the bugreport.txt as explained in the first post.