DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Good, that this will help you.

For now I'll keep the file renamed/hidden.

Edit:

I realised another thing for Japhets Folly.

I had genereted Terrain Meshes/Textures via SSLODGEN and saw in nifskope, that the underside.nif for Japhets Folley needs a texture, which doesn't exist/wasn't generated:

I edited the JaphetsFollyWorld.32.-9.-6.dds to JaphetsFollyWorld.16.-9.-6.dds

I don't know if I'll ever notice this ingame, but maybe this could be adjusted?

The terrain LOD settings for that worldspace make it so there is usually no LOD level 32 terrain mesh/texture

It doesn't need a texture to block the sun. Not there is any terrain elevation in that worldspace anyways.

Edited by sheson

The terrain LOD settings for that worldspace make it so there is usually no LOD level 32 terrain mesh/texture

It doesn't need a texture to block the sun. Not there is any terrain elevation in that worldspace anyways.

Ok, so no harm at this point. Thanks for explaining.

I am getting following, repeatable error with Alpha 23:

jb2767mp.jpg

There is no help site for this, yet.

Plugin 2C is "Immersive Music.esp", this didn't happened with Alpha 22.

Bugreport

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

Debug Log

Edit:

After deleting "DynDOLOD_SSE_CuttingRoomFloorEsp_Tamriel.patch" and "DynDOLOD_SSE_ProvincialCourierServiceEsp_Tamriel.patch" from Ressources the error didn't appeared. (These two did always made problems on my side even with version 2.87/2.88) - But I haven't had any issues with Alpha 22.

Try again with Alpha 24 and upload new bugreport and debug log if this still happens. I could not replicate this yet just with the 3 mods/plugins.

Edited by sheson

Nope, same error as before, I don't know what's causing it so this happens on my end.
But without these two patches (I also tried it with only using one or the other) everything works fine and I haven't seen any issues so far while beeing ingame.

I'll live with it, as I just don't know where to search for the cause.

Edit: While generating I got these kind of error, which didn't happened in Alpha 23 and I didn't changed anything about trees:

[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord EDID
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord EDID
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord OBND
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MODL
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord MODT
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord PFPC
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord CNAM
[02:16] Error: record TREE contains unexpected (or out of order) subrecord CNAM
[02:16] Errors were found in: TreeFallForestShrub01 [TREE:000AAE8F]

[02:16] Errors were found in: TreeFallForestShrub01 [TREE:000AAE8F]

As I can't see anything bad about this yet (I looked up the record in xEdit and everything looks ok - at least TreeFallForestShrub02 - which is almost the same - didn't caused such an error), I'll won't post logs now.

I'm going to wait until DynDOLOD is finished.

Edited by PRieST

I'm going to wait until DynDOLOD is finished.

That's what I keep telling myself except I can't get the screenshots in the second post out of my head.  Will do a clean install and a new game with as little mods as possible that change or add new objects in the world and hope for the best.  This simply takes priority to any other exterior visual improvement mod.

First: The tree error didn't happened with other worldspaces, so I think it could be ignored?

But another thing is with Alpha 24 concerning the underside meshes.

This is with Alpha 23:

ingame

mqhbgwws.png

and  the mesh

jvd89end.jpg

This is with Alpha 24:

ingame

5pa2m8q7.png

and the mesh

8wp5wzio.jpg

I even tried to set the TerrainUndersideHeigth=-500 to -1000 but it doesn't make any difference in the game. Can't see it well on the screenshots, but the mountains far away are flickering, cause the underside mesh is peaking through it. With Alpha 23 everything worked finde with the settings you put into the ini. Quality is on both tries =10.

Alpha 23 meshes are on sided and alpha 24 meshes are double sided (flag is set in shader2).
As I still have the old files, I go with them for now.

If you need any logs, which could help, just say it, but I think they'll only show the new generation of the underside meshes, as I tried out different height settings, to see if it could solve my issue.

Edit: I did one change more, I set "UseDecalFlag=1" with alpha 24 (with alpha 23 the last time I generated the LOD it was set to =0), could this be the cause?

Edited by PRieST

Nope, same error as before, I don't know what's causing it so this happens on my end.

Upload the debug log and bug report.

First: The tree error didn't happened with other worldspaces, so I think it could be ignored?

Errors should not be be ignored. Errors message means that there is a problem that needs to be fixed. Test if the problem can be repeated. Provide the logs as explained on the first post.

Alpha 23 meshes are on sided and alpha 24 meshes are double sided (flag is set in shader2).

They are intentionally different. I guess it doesn't work out in all circumstances. This should be better again next version.

Edited by sheson

Upload the debug log and bug report.

Debug Log

Bugreport

Errors should not be be ignored. Errors message means that there is a problem that needs to be fixed. Test if the problem can be repeated. Provide the logs as explained on the first post.

Didn't happen again, so not repeatable. Whatever it was, it was (hopefully) an isolated incident.

They are intentionally different. I guess it doesn't work out in all circumstances. This should be better again next version.

Ok, for now I'll stick to the files from Alpha 23, as for actual gameplay it looks better.

Will definitely test out next version.

Edited by PRieST

I'm having an issue with Alpha 24. Once it reaches the line of [Tamriel] Generating object LOD it just hangs there and doesn't seem to be doing any work. I've searched through the forum and the FAQs for a while but haven't had any luck finding a solution to this.

post-4223-0-87746300-1611769025_thumb.png

Edited by Shanannigan

I'm having an issue with Alpha 24. Once it reaches the line of [Tamriel] Generating object LOD it just hangs there and doesn't seem to be doing any work. I've searched through the forum and the FAQs for a while but haven't had any luck finding a solution to this.

I had the exact same problem, but I decided that it might be due to not generating the grass precache correctly since my game crashed like 5 times while trying to do that with the No Grass in Obejcts mod.  I never got the finish message to open the console, simply a black screen and no crash at the final game restart, and after that PrecacheGrass.txt file gone and about 500MB of data in the grass folder for the vanilla grass with default density.  I might have missed something, but I think did follow the instructions to the letter in the first two posts here and all the required mods.  Also did a fresh install of Skyrim.  Will try to generate the precache again, this time with no other mods installed, and then adding them one at a time.  The problem is that it takes such a long time it will take forever to isolate what mod is causing this.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

I had the exact same problem, but I decided that it might be due to not generating the grass precache correctly since my game crashed like 5 times while trying to do that with the No Grass in Obejcts mod.  I never got the finish message to open the console, simply a black screen and no crash at the final game restart, and after that PrecacheGrass.txt file gone and about 500MB of data in the grass folder for the vanilla grass with default density.  I might have missed something, but I think did follow the instructions to the letter in the first two posts here and all the required mods.  Also did a fresh install of Skyrim.  Will try to generate the precache again, this time with no other mods installed, and then adding them one at a time.  The problem is that it takes such a long time it will take forever to isolate what mod is causing this.

It is failing at printing a message of some kind that explains what is going on. Next version should fix it.

I think that helped me find and fix the problem with applying the patches. Test with next version once it is out.

I think that helped me find and fix the problem with applying the patches. Test with next version once it is out.

I'm happy to say, that it totally fixed it. May I ask how you did this and what was the clue for you on how to fix it?

Also the UndersideTerrain works as with Alpha 23, no more flickering in far distance and no weird plane, too. Nice, thanks for this Update.

You did nothing concerning the grass with this update, didn't you? I thought the color difference was less noticable but I can be wrong, too.