What is the correct directory structure?

Soothsayerman

I installed DynDOLOD okay but ran into a problem during the very last step when Vortex thought that the output.zip and the texgen.zip were the same file when I dragged them to the add file box.

DynDOLOD in game says is initialized properly and all of that but I am not so sure.

Vortex created the following directory structures:

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\dyndolod\  with .patch files inside

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\meshes\dyndolod\lod\ with several directories inside

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\seasons\ with 3 .ini files inside

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\dyndolod\lod\ with .dds files inside

Is this correct or is it missing something?

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, Soothsayerman said:

I installed DynDOLOD okay but ran into a problem during the very last step when Vortex thought that the output.zip and the texgen.zip were the same file when I dragged them to the add file box.

DynDOLOD in game says is initialized properly and all of that but I am not so sure.

Vortex created the following directory structures:

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\dyndolod\  with .patch files inside

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\meshes\dyndolod\lod\ with several directories inside

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\seasons\ with 3 .ini files inside

E:\steamdirectory\steamapps\common\skyrim special edition\data\textures\dyndolod\lod\ with .dds files inside

Is this correct or is it missing something?

Thanks!

So first of all, for SSE, you should have installed DynDOLOD Resources Alpha-28 as a mod fairly early in your installer list (this should be overridden by most conflicting mods). The DynDOLOD app itself is installed (extracted) in any directory location outside of Vortex, preferably anywhere on your drives outside of Win UAC control (e.g., C:\DynDOLOD).

Vortex is then configured to launch first the TexGen and then DynDOLOD and EXEs as Vortex-hosted applications. When this is configured, Vortex should be using your mod List (including DynDOLOD Resources) to construct the respective outputs in C:\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output and C:\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_Output. The contents of these directories should be installed as mods in Vortex as the very last mods in your install priority (DynDOLOD Output mod overrides TexGen Output mod, and TexGen Output is required for use by DynDOLOD to generate the DynDOLOD Output).

I'm not sure exactly how Vortex organizes the files internally, but the application should list those mods in that priority. If you get the DynDOLOD Sucessfully Initialized message in game, then you have presumably done this all correctly at least in terms of providing the right mods. We explain the gist of it all in our SSE guide linked in the top nav.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Yes, everything is away from the operating system on a separate drive and dyndolod is outside of any vortex managed directory in it's own directory. The output directories are under DynDOLODS main directory away from everything.

I installed:

1st - DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha-28

2nd - DynDOLOD DLL SE -Scripts 2.82.3

3rd - DynDOLOD DLL SE-SKSE Plugin Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.353

I am missing the texgenoutput

vortex thought it was the same file (mod) as the output and did not install it and just renamed it and created a virtual file for it. blech.

How strange.  Well, I am sure I messed up somehow so I will give it another go.  I did read the install guide and thought I nailed it, but clearly I have made a mistake,  no worries ever onward!

Thanks again.

37 minutes ago, Soothsayerman said:

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Yes, everything is away from the operating system on a separate drive and dyndolod is outside of any vortex managed directory in it's own directory. The output directories are under DynDOLODS main directory away from everything.

I installed:

1st - DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha-28

2nd - DynDOLOD DLL SE -Scripts 2.82.3

3rd - DynDOLOD DLL SE-SKSE Plugin Skyrim Special Edition 1.6.353

I am missing the texgenoutput

vortex thought it was the same file (mod) as the output and did not install it and just renamed it and created a virtual file for it. blech.

How strange.  Well, I am sure I messed up somehow so I will give it another go.  I did read the install guide and thought I nailed it, but clearly I have made a mistake,  no worries ever onward!

Thanks again.

This sounds like a Vortex issue or related. Try naming as something more unique and be certain that the file is different than DynDOLOD output (you may have packaged up the same outputs into different file names, and Vortex noted the CRC hashes matched).