Re-enable autosignature?

Hypobolic

Question

So I've only recently started using STEP and your forums, and after asking a few questions I noticed that my posts had an auto signature attached to them that I never added.

The API seems to have pulled from a newegg.com purchase list of some PC components I picked up a while ago, and it was little jarring to see it there. I click on or around this signature and there was an option to hide all signatures. Unfortunately this seems to have hidden signatures from everyone for me.

I did get around to the page where you list out your system specs, but now I can not locate any place to re-enable signatures in the forums. Whether or not I like what my new system spec sig looks or not is immaterial if I can't even see what it looks like in a post.

If anyone can point me to where signatures are enabled/disabled I would be quite thankful.

Cheers

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Hypobolic said:

So I've only recently started using STEP and your forums, and after asking a few questions I noticed that my posts had an auto signature attached to them that I never added.

The API seems to have pulled from a newegg.com purchase list of some PC components I picked up a while ago, and it was little jarring to see it there. I click on or around this signature and there was an option to hide all signatures. Unfortunately this seems to have hidden signatures from everyone for me.

I did get around to the page where you list out your system specs, but now I can not locate any place to re-enable signatures in the forums. Whether or not I like what my new system spec sig looks or not is immaterial if I can't even see what it looks like in a post.

If anyone can point me to where signatures are enabled/disabled I would be quite thankful.

Cheers

I've no idea about the auto-signature, but I went into your profile and enabled your ability to view signatures. The hide sig feature must be available for everyone from another user's sig, which makes sense.

After your 20th post, you will be able to set your sig and see other settings for that in you Account Settings. This prevents spammers from doing stupid things like setting ads in sigs. Most spammers won't be able to post 20 times before we notice something's up.