I think you just need to download the LUA file that's below the main file. If I'm understanding correctly, you don't need the main file now.

That is what I did.  Just pointing out the guide states main file & it no longer works.  Also, the LUA version is 3.98a vs 3.99a for the main file.  

16 hours ago, AcesofDeath7 said:

The main file for Better Base Sites no longer has the LUA file

Thanks, I've corrected this. For the longest time the LUA in the files was more updated than the one on the page. Looks they the author has changed gears a bit and finally took it out of the PAK.

Since Skyrim mods are being updated, I decided to play NMS again for the time being. Thanks so much for making a comprehensive Guide for it! Especially about AMUMSS, since I could never figure out how to get it to work before.

However, I did run into some things that were different from the AMUMSS descriptions/ workflow while following the guide:

I am guessing AMUMSS had an update since you last updated the guide (13 days ago according to GitHub). The thing that threw me most about the updated version, is that it now asks if you want to run Buildmod.bat in Full/ Dev or Lean mode. Since I had no idea, I have been running it into (F)ull mode. I hope that is ok?

Also, during the final STEP patch creation, the only question/ option I got was "??? Would you like or [N]ot to COPY Some or [A]ll Created Mod PAKs to your game folder and DELETE [DISABLEMODS.TXT]". After selecting N as instructed, it started building the patch without any of the other options. The end result had the 6 conflicts as mentioned and no other errors. I haven't tested in game yet, because I didn't want to forget where I noticed the "deviations" and the associated text, but I am assuming the output/ patch is fine. If not, I will let you know.

Another thing I noticed, which is probably just me though, is that PSArcTool from Nexus didn't want to run at all on my PC. I scanned for virusses/ other icky stuff (found none), then made an exception for my AntiVirus, but no dice. I downloaded the version from GitHub (as linked in the forum post) and that did work fine for me. So no idea what caused that. Just thought I would mention it if anyone else has that issue.

Apart from those things, everything went smoothly.

Edited by ButchDiavolo

52 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Since Skyrim mods are being updated, I decided to play NMS again for the time being. Thanks so much for making a comprehensive Guide for it! Especially about AMUMSS, since I could never figure out how to get it to work before.

However, I did run into some things that were different from the AMUMSS descriptions/ workflow while following the guide:

I am guessing AMUMSS had an update since you last updated the guide (13 days ago according to GitHub). The thing that threw me most about the updated version, is that it now asks if you want to run Buildmod.bat in Full/ Dev or Lean mode. Since I had no idea, I have been running it into (F)ull mode. I hope that is ok?

Also, during the final STEP patch creation, the only question/ option I got was "??? Would you like or [N]ot to COPY Some or [A]ll Created Mod PAKs to your game folder and DELETE [DISABLEMODS.TXT]". After selecting N as instructed, it started building the patch without any of the other options. The end result had the 6 conflicts as mentioned and no other errors. I haven't tested in game yet, because I didn't want to forget where I noticed the "deviations" and the associated text, but I am assuming the output/ patch is fine. If not, I will let you know.

Another thing I noticed, which is probably just me though, is that PSArcTool from Nexus didn't want to run at all on my PC. I scanned for virusses/ other icky stuff (found none), then made an exception for my AntiVirus, but no dice. I downloaded the version from GitHub (as linked in the forum post) and that did work fine for me. So no idea what caused that. Just thought I would mention it if anyone else has that issue.

Apart from those things, everything went smoothly.

Thanks. Yeah, I need to updated those few things. Sounds like you did it right, though.

6 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Thanks. Yeah, I need to updated those few things. Sounds like you did it right, though.

It looks like it, since I haven't had any problems or weird things happening. *dives back into the Multiverse*