v2.3.0 - Feedback & Bug Reports

TechAngel85

7 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I redid the whole guide and regenerated everything that needs to be generated with AMUMSS, including Better Planet, Windrex and the Step Patch. I didn't see any warnings or errors in AMUMSS. The end result of it all was the same 6 conflicts. The game started just fine. I started a new game and, while the new game setup threw me off a bit, the game loaded fine as well. So far so good.

I didn't play very long, just went to the ship. This is the only thing I noticed that didn't really work: the mod that puts the ship closer to the rezzing site. Other than that, it seemed to work just fine, but I am about to play a bit longer to see if I can find any other things. So far it seems playable.

Yeah, it seems it's about 50/50 on the reports whether or not BPG is working. Some say it's fine and some say it's broken. I'll get to testing things on my own in a couple of days.

Thanks for the report, though!

18 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

Yeah, it seems it's about 50/50 on the reports whether or not BPG is working. Some say it's fine and some say it's broken. I'll get to testing things on my own in a couple of days.

Thanks for the report, though!

An update on my earlier report: after playing for a while trying things out, I noticed that there are some rendering problems when arriving at planets. Usually just texture glitches which solve themselves when getting closer. Or plants/ minerals that descend and settle when getting closer.

Again, not game breaking problems, so NMS is playable with BPG being "outdated".

16 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

An update on my earlier report: after playing for a while trying things out, I noticed that there are some rendering problems when arriving at planets. Usually just texture glitches which solve themselves when getting closer. Or plants/ minerals that descend and settle when getting closer.

Again, not game breaking problems, so NMS is playable with BPG being "outdated".

I've played a bit with it now and it's playable, but hit and and miss. I've seen some perfectly fine planets but I've also seen some planets with a ton of pop-in, as if the LOD was just broken. It works, but doesn't seem 100%. The next version of BPG was been in the testing phase for at least a month. Hopefully it'll be out soon.

BPG is an amazing mod that brings a lot of life to the environments so it will return to the Guide whenever it's updated. However, until that time the mod will be marked as in conflict and Foundation steps hidden, but still available. It will still be available for those that who still want to run BPG; obviously being okay with living with these few issues until the mod is updated.

Currently, hazardous planets seem to have a fairly common issue of not generating correctly. There are also reports of crashes with some particular planets, which I believe I experienced myself during my last round of playing. For these reasons, I can't officially leave it in the Guide. Hopefully the next release for it is soon, but there's been no progress updates from the author since August.

22 hours ago, TechAngel85 said:

BPG is an amazing mod that brings a lot of life to the environments so it will return to the Guide whenever it's updated. However, until that time the mod will be marked as in conflict and Foundation steps hidden, but still available. It will still be available for those that who still want to run BPG; obviously being okay with living with these few issues until the mod is updated.

Currently, hazardous planets seem to have a fairly common issue of not generating correctly. There are also reports of crashes with some particular planets, which I believe I experienced myself during my last round of playing. For these reasons, I can't officially leave it in the Guide. Hopefully the next release for it is soon, but there's been no progress updates from the author since August.

So yeah, after playing a few hours with BPG, I started noticing more and more issues, as described by you. The most annoying is the game freezes when entering planet atmospheres, which get more and more common as you play on. So personally I wouldn't recommend playing with BPG for now as well. It was worth a try though.

26 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

So yeah, after playing a few hours with BPG, I started noticing more and more issues, as described by you. The most annoying is the game freezes when entering planet atmospheres, which get more and more common as you play on. So personally I wouldn't recommend playing with BPG for now as well. It was worth a try though.

Thanks! There seems to be a particular planet class that causes a consistent crash. It's impossible to track from within the game because the game will crash as soon as the system loads with that style of planet in it. That is the only "game-breaking" issue I was able to run into. The rest is livable with; like nothing but terrain loading beyond the grass ("scroll-loading", as I call it because things load in as your walk).

So NMS got another update (4.03 I think it is). Since I forgot to block updates, it was installed. And now NMS won't start? Is this a known thing or should I do something specific after an update?

EDIT: I did a bit of digging (which I should have done before posting I guess, sorry). Turns out that scanning mods (I have Exosolar's Quick Scan with Range Boost installed) causes NMS not to launch, despite it being loaded into memory. Disabling it fixed it. So I guess I will have to wait till it gets updated. More info: some mods have already been updated to the latest version. Even more info: apparently there is already yet another update in the pipeline.

Edited by ButchDiavolo
extra info

Exosolar Quick Scan got updated, so I redid the AMUMSS STEP patch with the new lua's. This time I got 2 errors at the end of the run. I *may* have gotten that result before, but I wasn't paying much attention when I redid the patch after the big update. Checking in the report.lua, I saw the only errors thrown up are in the ___StepNMS-ProjectileTable.lua. I will put the section about that file under a spoiler. Maybe it is of interest to you? 

Spoiler

Starting to process script #32/32 [[___StepNMS-ProjectileTable.lua]] {
>>> Including lua script source in pak
Getting METADATA\PROJECTILES\PROJECTILETABLE.MBIN from NMS source PAKs
   SUCCESS Decompiling METADATA\PROJECTILES\PROJECTILETABLE.MBIN
>>>>>>> Loaded script [[___StepNMS-ProjectileTable.lua]]
{>>> METADATA\PROJECTILES\PROJECTILETABLE.EXML
    MapFileTree creation/update done by 2nd thread
 -> Based on SPECIAL_KEY_WORDS pairs: >>> {"Id","SHIPGUN",}, <<<
    Looking for >>> ["Radius"] New value will be >>> [30] of type [NUMBER]
                >>> Replace operation is [ONCE]
                >>> INTEGER_TO_FLOAT is [FORCE]
                >>> Searching in lines 2015-2141...
      -- On line 2043, exchanged:    [<Property name="Radius" value="15" />]    with:     [<Property name="Radius" value="30" />]
 -> Based on SPECIAL_KEY_WORDS pairs: >>> {"Id","SHIPSHOTGUN",}, <<<
    Looking for >>> ["Radius"] New value will be >>> [60] of type [NUMBER]
                >>> Searching in lines 2142-2268...
      -- On line 2170, exchanged:    [<Property name="Radius" value="30" />]    with:     [<Property name="Radius" value="60" />]
 -> Based on SPECIAL_KEY_WORDS pairs: >>> {"Id","SHIPMINIGUN",}, <<<
    Looking for >>> ["Radius"] New value will be >>> [2.25] of type [NUMBER]
                >>> Searching in lines 2269-2395...
      -- On line 2297, exchanged:    [<Property name="Radius" value="0.75" />]    with:     [<Property name="Radius" value="2.25" />]
 -> Based on SPECIAL_KEY_WORDS pairs: >>> {"Id","SHIPPLASMAGUN",}, <<<
                >>> Searching in lines 2396-2531...
      -- On line 2424, exchanged:    [<Property name="Radius" value="30" />]    with:     [<Property name="Radius" value="60" />]
 -> Based on SPECIAL_KEY_WORDS pairs: >>> {"Id","SHIPPLASMAGUN",}, <<<
                >>> Searching in lines 2396-2531...
      -- On line 2424, exchanged:    [<Property name="Radius" value="60" />]    with:     [<Property name="Radius" value="60" />]
 -> Based on SPECIAL_KEY_WORDS pairs: >>> {"Id","SQUADGUN",}, <<<
    Looking for >>> ["DefaultDamage"] New value will be >>> [250] of type [NUMBER]
                >>> Searching in lines 4097-4207...
      -- On line 4134, exchanged:    [<Property name="DefaultDamage" value="40" />]    with:     [<Property name="DefaultDamage" value="250" />]
  Ended processing with [6 CHANGE(s) made]
     on File: [METADATA\PROJECTILES\PROJECTILETABLE.EXML]
  Ended with a total of 6 action(s) made }

Ended script processing with  [[6 action(s), 0 files/groups of files ADDed]]

Using custom DateTime format!

Starting final MBINCompiler and PAK phase...

Trying to compile...

[[ERROR]] MBINCompiler = [ExmlException]: The enum value "NotCreative" is not a valid value for AutoStart OR check your script!
    [PSARC] The PAK will not include this EXML
    [ERR]   MBINCompiler =   [InvalidEnumValueException]
    [ERR]   MBINCompiler =   [INFO]: C:\Games\NoMansSky\Modding\Tools\AMUMSS\MODBUILDER\MOD\METADATA\SIMULATION\MISSIONS\TUTORIALMISSIONTABLE.EXML

[[ERROR]] MBINCompiler =   [ERROR]: An EXML exception has occurred! OR check your script!
    [PSARC] The PAK will not include this EXML

Ending MBIN/PAK phase...
Ended script [[___StepNMS-ProjectileTable.lua]]

16 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

So NMS got another update (4.03 I think it is). Since I forgot to block updates, it was installed. And now NMS won't start? Is this a known thing or should I do something specific after an update?

Any time the game updates, AMUMSS will have to be re-run. Besides that, it's just waiting for mods to update. I have updated Resource Files pretty much ready to go. I'm just waiting for Hello Games to smooth out their update schedule a bit. Rechecking everything in the Guide once a week is a lot of work and time that I don't have. That's why the Guide is only updated once they stop releasing updates once or twice a week. I'll likely release the next update to the Guide this coming week.

On 10/16/2022 at 2:17 AM, TechAngel85 said:

Any time the game updates, AMUMSS will have to be re-run. Besides that, it's just waiting for mods to update. I have updated Resource Files pretty much ready to go. I'm just waiting for Hello Games to smooth out their update schedule a bit. Rechecking everything in the Guide once a week is a lot of work and time that I don't have. That's why the Guide is only updated once they stop releasing updates once or twice a week. I'll likely release the next update to the Guide this coming week.

So, any news on the guide update front? Seems they stopped fiddling with the experimental branch and pushed it to official since the 20th. There was an update every day before that. I'm just eager to get the mods working again. Game not as fun without some of the mods in this guide!

4 hours ago, Alyndiar said:

So, any news on the guide update front? Seems they stopped fiddling with the experimental branch and pushed it to official since the 20th. There was an update every day before that. I'm just eager to get the mods working again. Game not as fun without some of the mods in this guide!

From what I noticed since the 4.0.0.5 version: the mods that needed to be updated have been. I pooped the pak files in and it all worked, even without rerunning AMUMSS.

12 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

From what I noticed since the 4.0.0.5 version: the mods that needed to be updated have been. I pooped the pak files in and it all worked, even without rerunning AMUMSS.

OK, so only BPG is missing then? I'll see how it plays. I'm gonna miss BPG, no lies.