How to Color Separator Text

Vidistis

Question

Hello there, I've been trying to find a way to color the text for separators. The text color is either black and white, but sometimes it's black on a separator that shares the same color of others that have white text. I would really like to be able to control the color of both the separator bar and it's text.

5 answers to this question

I'm not aware of any way to control the font color Mod Organizer uses. It looks as if it is using an internal algorithm to determine whether the text should be black or white based on the color selected for the separator. If you open the meta.ini file for the separator (the separators are stored in the mods folder as a directory ending with _separator), you'll see the selected color in the color setting:

color=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\0\xff\xff\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)

I was initially hoping this was split into 7 bytes for the foreground color and 7 bytes for the background color, but this does not seem to be the case. I played around for a while and it looks as if these control only the background color.

43 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

Easy. Right-click the separator and choose "Select Color..." Text color will be chosen automatically to ensure visibility.

Vidistis wants to choose a text color, I assume. So sounds like it's not supported. Only background (which is supported, and I can attest to that with my many-colored separators).

14 hours ago, Greg said:

I'm not aware of any way to control the font color Mod Organizer uses. It looks as if it is using an internal algorithm to determine whether the text should be black or white based on the color selected for the separator. If you open the meta.ini file for the separator (the separators are stored in the mods folder as a directory ending with _separator), you'll see the selected color in the color setting:

color=@Variant(\0\0\0\x43\0\xff\xff\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0)

I was initially hoping this was split into 7 bytes for the foreground color and 7 bytes for the background color, but this does not seem to be the case. I played around for a while and it looks as if these control only the background color.

Darn, thank you for the confirmation and insight. There's some colors that I'd prefer to be white instead of black, mostly for uniformity. I've recently switched from Vortex to Mo2 so I'm still ignorant to all it's features. I was hoping I had missed something; hopefully being able to choose the text color becomes a feature one day.