Step Skyrim Special Edition - SSE - Guide?

The Step Skyrim Special Edition - SSE - Guide;

Step Skyrim Special Edition - SSE - Guide at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Step Patch - Conflict Resolution, I understand these are patches needed, so I have this.

Step Patch - Lighting and Weather, if I didn't install all of the lighting and weather mods, only some of them, should I still install this patch?

THANKS

2 hours ago, mooit said:

The Step Skyrim Special Edition - SSE - Guide;

Step Skyrim Special Edition - SSE - Guide at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

Step Patch - Conflict Resolution, I understand these are patches needed, so I have this.

Step Patch - Lighting and Weather, if I didn't install all of the lighting and weather mods, only some of them, should I still install this patch?

THANKS

The guide linked in the top nav here and from the Nexus mod page includes a Mod Table Legend that provides this info:

image.png

.... from the Lighting & Weather Modgroup:

image.png

3 hours ago, mooit said:

THANKS

It depends on the mods you did install. The colored bars on the left side of the mod table tells you what mods are required for the L&W Patch (see the table legend at the beginning of the mod section of the Guide). If you skipped any of them, you'll have to do your own patching. If you installed all of them, then you should be able to install the Patch without issue.

The only two I didn't install listed as Red, shown for Step Patch - Conflict Resolution;

AI Overhaul SSE
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Lite

I have 'Relationship Dialogue Overhaul', which I thought was supposed to be better, and I've also been using in the past, '. Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE', which I personally found to be more immersive with the NPC, and I also thought it was suppose to be better.

I'm not sure I understand, or see how not installing AI Overhaul SSE, or Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Lite, is going to break the game, but simply just change the NPC interaction/immersion is all... hmm

THANKS

28 minutes ago, mooit said:

The only two I didn't install listed as Red, shown for Step Patch - Conflict Resolution;

AI Overhaul SSE
Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Lite

I have 'Relationship Dialogue Overhaul', which I thought was supposed to be better, and I've also been using in the past, '. Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul SE', which I personally found to be more immersive with the NPC, and I also thought it was suppose to be better.

I'm not sure I understand, or see how not installing AI Overhaul SSE, or Relationship Dialogue Overhaul Lite, is going to break the game, but simply just change the NPC interaction/immersion is all... hmm

THANKS

The CR patch is a master of the LW patch and the PP patch, so you must install all mods with a bar next to them unless you want to use xEdit to remove the masters. Again, I recommend installing the Step SSE guide from scratch. We will be updating it to 2.1.0 very soon though, so you may want to wait for that. @Mousetick provided some sound advice here:

OK on the guide/steps.

By the way, 'Step Patch - Conflict Resolution' I assumed I should be grabbing the grass lod one, but this overwrites some of the grass cache in the MO2 overwrite;

C:\Modding\MO2\overwrite\grass

Is this ok, use the grass one and let it overwrite some of the grass cgid?

THANKS

Edited by mooit

34 minutes ago, mooit said:

OK on the guide/steps.

By the way, 'Step Patch - Conflict Resolution' I assumed I should be grabbing the grass lod one, but this overwrites some of the grass cache in the MO2 overwrite;

Is this ok, use the grass one and let it overwrite some of the grass cgid?

THANKS

Just disable any grass cache you have in your mod list and use what we provide instead. It was created specifically for use with the landscape-altering mods we are using in Step. Otherwise, let if override yours and keep both active.

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.

Grass Cache Fixes at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

It's been a few months since I've messed with this, but Grass Cache Fix is a mod, listed in the guide. I also made a post, which shenson replied to, that for DnyDOLOD, in order to have access to the Grass option, this cache of .gid/.cgid is needed, which you do with this Grass Cache Fixes mod.

I've looked over the step guide very carefully, so I'm either not seeing what you are talking about, or we aren't talking about the same things, because I see nothing about removing;

But that we are suppose to create this, according to the guide.

THANKS

Edited by mooit

26 minutes ago, mooit said:

I don't know if we are talking about the same thing.

Grass Cache Fixes at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (nexusmods.com)

It's been a few months since I've messed with this, but Grass Cache Fix is a mod, listed in the guide. I also made a post, which shenson replied to, that for DnyDOLOD, in order to have access to the Grass option, this cache of .gid/.cgid.

I've looked over the step guide, very carefully, so I'm either not seeing what you are talking about, or we aren't talking about the same things, because I see nothing about removing;

But that we are suppose to create this, according to the guide.

THANKS

If you follow the guide exactly, you will not go wrong. Simply disable your grass cache. In our next update (2.1.0), we will not be using the CGID /grass files, since DynDOLOD has the new option to use only the GID. Either way it works, but we only support what's in the current guide.

Here's a screen shot that shows for Step 0-3 to use the Grass Cache Fixes, which is to generate these.

1531956544_GrassCacheFixes.thumb.jpg.acd299a264d491632a7c133699bd295e.jpg

So then, maybe the  Grass Cache Fixes mod should be removed from the guide?

THANKS

26 minutes ago, z929669 said:

yes

Ok, well, I'll keep the Grass Cache Fixes, since it's in the Guide and I'll let 'Step Patch - Conflict Resolution' over write for now.

THANKS

31 minutes ago, mooit said:

Here's a screen shot that shows for Step 0-3 to use the Grass Cache Fixes, which is to generate these.

1531956544_GrassCacheFixes.thumb.jpg.acd299a264d491632a7c133699bd295e.jpg

So then, maybe the  Grass Cache Fixes mod should be removed from the guide?

THANKS

you are getting way ahead of yourself. To follow the guide exactly means that you don't have your own grass cache. Just create a new MO instance and start from scratch. Read the system setup guide. Or simply disable all of you existing mods. Follow the guide exactly, and you really cannot go wrong. If you are trying to follow the guide with your existing build in place, you are not really following the guide exactly.

unlearn what you have learned, padawan ;)

Grass Cache Fixes overrides the vanilla grass cache gid files in Skyrim - Misc.bsa with blank ones, ensuring that the vanilla ones are never used. This fixes graphical bugs when using bAllowLoadGrass=1. It enables the usage of grass cache files generated via No Grass In Objects (NGIO) without requiring NGIO to be active on the game version being used. This is useful if NGIO is not supported for the runtime of the game being used, be it on Skyrim VR, a new patch from Bethesda such as the AE update, or any other relevant use cases.

Sorry, I'm not ahead of myself, I'm only trying to ask, what the Guide is not explaining, that is all.

As I mentioned, I already asked shenson about this, here on the forum.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is you're trying to tell me. I'm not starting out on the guide, at the very beginning, like I'm modding SE for the first time, if that is what you mean.

I'm simply changing and adjusting my MODs is all.

THANKS

26 minutes ago, mooit said:

Sorry, I'm not ahead of myself, I'm only trying to ask, what the Guide is not explaining, that is all.

As I mentioned, I already asked shenson about this, here on the forum.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what it is you're trying to tell me. I'm not starting out on the guide, at the very beginning, like I'm modding SE for the first time, if that is what you mean.

I'm simply changing and adjusting my MODs is all.

THANKS

But you aren't reading what has been posted already. This is what I am trying to say. We created the guide to explain all this stuff ... but if you think you know better, you sort of need to figure it out. Otherwise, follow these instructions (posting again, as I did previously):