Z-Fighting/LOD Issue Entering New Area

Antidis

Following installation of the STEP guide for Skyrim SE i'm experiencing a minor issue with overlapping textures that only occurs after I walk a certain distance and that is resolved by entering/exiting a building or quicksaving and loading. I'd be immensely appreciative if anyone here could point me in the direction of the part of the guide most likely to be causing this.

Z-fighting after entering a new area: fZSP.png

The same area after quitting and reloading: Gt3N.png

Reverting everything beyond step 5 of the STEP guide and repeating the LOD set up, xLODGen, TexGen, and DynDOLOD sections had no effect. I also ensured that the two TEMP mods were both enabled and disabled correctly. I'm not sure what the issue may be if it isn't related to LOD overlapping.

Further example following the attempted fix: https://100percent.black/f/AlkF.png

Quitting and reloading: https://100percent.black/f/BBj1.png

Sometimes assets don't load properly in a heavy build, depending on many things, including your hardware/drivers. You may want to revisit the BethINI setup in Performance Tuning to be certain you have correct INI settings.

53 minutes ago, z929669 said:

Sometimes assets don't load properly in a heavy build, depending on many things, including your hardware/drivers. You may want to revisit the BethINI setup in Performance Tuning to be certain you have correct INI settings.

Double checked and BethINI matches the screenshots provided in the STEP guide precisely. My drivers are also up to date.

Removing existing display drivers with DDU and reinstalling the most current version appears to have fixed the problem, as i've yet to reproduce the error in several hours of play. Hopefully this thread helps someone out in the future.

• Like 2