Can i use lanterns of skyrim II instead of I ?

Hey there boys, so i finished setting up the STEP guide yesterday, but i wanted to use the Lanterns of skyrim II instead of I, is there a way to do that without any conflicts so i can use the step patches?
also, what would happen if  i chose to not use the step patches?

1 hour ago, DangerousDeraz said:

Hey there boys, so i finished setting up the STEP guide yesterday, but i wanted to use the Lanterns of skyrim II instead of I, is there a way to do that without any conflicts so i can use the step patches?
also, what would happen if  i chose to not use the step patches?

The Step patches are required for stability and conflict resolution with out guides. Although we keep them to a minimum, the patches use several mods in the guide as masters, so you will get errors if those plugins are missing from your LO.

The Lighting and Weather patch forwards changes made by Lanterns MCM version in the guide and NOT Lanterns 2, and you should not substitute that or any other mods with plugins in the guide as a general rule of thumb. If you use Lanterns 2, your lighting will be inconsistent wherever Lanterns makes changes.

22 minutes ago, z929669 said:

The Step patches are required for stability and conflict resolution with out guides. Although we keep them to a minimum, the patches use several mods in the guide as masters, so you will get errors if those plugins are missing from your LO.

The Lighting and Weather patch forwards changes made by Lanterns MCM version in the guide and NOT Lanterns 2, and you should not substitute that or any other mods with plugins in the guide as a general rule of thumb. If you use Lanterns 2, your lighting will be inconsistent wherever Lanterns makes changes.

i reverted back to lanterns 1, thanks for the help

If you know what you're doing, you can swap them out, but it requiring editing the LW Patch and the PP Patch to rematch the light colors, settings and references. It is possible, but you need to know what you're doing in xEdit. The reason LoSII is not used is because it deviates from the vanilla style too much, which conflicts with our Mandates.