Jump to content
ButchDiavolo

Weird (STEP) ENB issue (dark blue screen)

Recommended Posts

Heyas,

I use the STEP ENB (light) and which looks good and works well 99.9% of the time. But sometimes, when I move from an indoor cell into Skyrim, the graphics turn dark blue (during the day)  or black (at night). What I mean is, I can barely see the surroundings and lights are slightly more visible, but the screen is mostly a uniform blue or black color? This makes it impossible to see when you are going. Most of the time this is solved by going back indoors then back out. Yesterday however, I had to reload a save (not an autosave) to get it to turn normal again, losing progress.

I haven't been able to reproduce this nor does it happen very often. I am just wondering if someone else is experiencing this and what could possibly be the cause? I know next to nothing about ENBs, so I am unable to troubleshoot this myself. I also forgot to take a screenshot of it. I will add one when/if it happens again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you know it's related to ENB? That would seem difficult to prove, as you would need to play with ENB to determine the frequency of occurrence and then without for 2-3x that time to confirm it doesn't happen without ENB.

If it IS ENB, then it's most likely related to ENBSeries engine-level DLLs and outside the scope of our control ... unless you have evidence otherwise.

I recall this happening to me before on rare occasion, but it's not reproducible AFAIK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, z929669 said:

How do you know it's related to ENB? That would seem difficult to prove, as you would need to play with ENB to determine the frequency of occurrence and then without for 2-3x that time to confirm it doesn't happen without ENB.

If it IS ENB, then it's most likely related to ENBSeries engine-level DLLs and outside the scope of our control ... unless you have evidence otherwise.

I recall this happening to me before on rare occasion, but it's not reproducible AFAIK.

I don't know if it is related to the ENB. It is an (un)edumicated guess really. Perhaps it is just some other "synergy" with EVLaS and the ENB (re: the sithis shadows a while back) or something?

I was basically more interested if it happened to others as well (as you more or less confirmed), and if a solution had been found for it. But indeed it is not reproducible and rare enough not to be a major issue. Besides, moving back indoors then outside again seems to fix it more often than not. I was also kinda taken aback when that didn't solve it yesterday and I had to reload a save to fix it. Guess I got scared or something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I don't know if it is related to the ENB. It is an (un)edumicated guess really. Perhaps it is just some other "synergy" with EVLaS and the ENB (re: the sithis shadows a while back) or something?

I was basically more interested if it happened to others as well (as you more or less confirmed), and if a solution had been found for it. But indeed it is not reproducible and rare enough not to be a major issue. Besides, moving back indoors then outside again seems to fix it more often than not. I was also kinda taken aback when that didn't solve it yesterday and I had to reload a save to fix it. Guess I got scared or something.

It may well be EVLaS bug. I haven't googled the issue myself. Do post back if you learn anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm the same "feature". I do use EVLaS, but my mod setup is different from STEP and I use a different ENB (Serio).

And at first I thought it was some weird problem with my video card witch I bought less than a month ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it is related to the esoteric "EVLaS-ENB bug", but nobody seems to know for certain. Apparently, Boris is somewhat aware of the bug, but I don't know if this is a manifestation of said bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are not using our Lighting and Weather patch, the Godrays add on for Cathedral Weathers has a wild edit that changes one of the Imagespaces blue. This might be what you are seeing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

If you are not using our Lighting and Weather patch, the Godrays add on for Cathedral Weathers has a wild edit that changes one of the Imagespaces blue. This might be what you are seeing. 

Ah. That could very well be it then. I am indeed not using the L&W patch, because, after installing more mods on top of the STEP list, it has conflicts. Could you direct me to the wild edit in question so I can adjust it myself, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

Change 1Cathedral_Dim_Fire tint from 2.25 to 0.25.

Thanks! Hopefully that will stop it happening again. If not, I'll be back... (get in da choppah!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, DoubleYou said:

Change 1Cathedral_Dim_Fire tint from 2.25 to 0.25.

Can you confirm that this fixes the blue tint issue? Is this the wild edit you spoke about? If so, I will address in the PP patch.

CW main plugin has it even higher, so is this an issue with synergy between this value and some other incompatible value Godrays update also changes? Else, this would also be an issue with CW main I suspect:

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, z929669 said:

Can you confirm that this fixes the blue tint issue? Is this the wild edit you spoke about? If so, I will address in the PP patch.

CW main plugin has it even higher, so is this an issue with synergy between this value and some other incompatible value Godrays update also changes? Else, this would also be an issue with CW main I suspect:

image.png

I put this in one of our patches long ago before release, so it should still be there unless someone removed it. It is a known issue with the Godrays plugin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I put this in one of our patches long ago before release, so it should still be there unless someone removed it. It is a known issue with the Godrays plugin.

I have all the Step patches loaded here, so I will add this to the PP patch, since that is for Godrays now. I'm assuming we don't know for sure if this could cause the blue tint bug then. But maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, z929669 said:

I have all the Step patches loaded here, so I will add this to the PP patch, since that is for Godrays now. I'm assuming we don't know for sure if this could cause the blue tint bug then. But maybe?

It most definitely is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoubleYou said:

It most definitely is. 

Yeah, 3 days without the "feature". Thanks, DoubleYou.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Badfrog88
      Following a clean re-install of Skyrim AE, I've been reinstalling the Step Guide and had intended to include everything. Because of this I have installed the ENB options in all the steps prior to Post Processing. Now I'm not so sure I want to install/run an ENB with this build. Is it safe to jump to Step 05 or do I need to remove and reinstall the mods with the Post Processing (blue) flag? I am getting between 91-115 FPS in Riften with my new 144 Hz monitor.
    • By MegaDan32
      Hi! I have been trying to mod my Skyrim game for a couple of days now and I have been meticulosly following the STEP Skyrim Special Editio Guidelines and I have finally arrived to step 6.24.2. I already finished sorting the plugins with LOOT and already finished the standar cleaning procedures. Now I have to proceed with the performance benchmark which requires to launch the game for the first time after downloading and installing all the mods. Now here is the problem: When launching Skyrim, it will open, it shows the logo and a little loading animation on the bottom right, and it closes itself after a couple of seconds -No error pop ups or anything. I am pretty new when it comes to modding and I have no idea of what could be causing this problem, and I would love to fix this instead of uninstalling everything and retrying in a couple of months.
      Thank a lot beforehand!
    • By Mousetick
      Discussion topic:
      I'm Walkin' Here by Fudgyduff
      Wiki Link
      SKSE plugin with customizable JSON configuration.
      QOL: Disables collision between player and NPCs so that they don't push the player or block narrow passages.
      The description on the Nexus mod page is very short and rather vague:
      What this does exactly is disabling collision so the NPCs are no longer solid: they can walk through the player and vice-versa. They'll still get in your face while you're in a conversation, or clump together stuck in passageways. So it's not perfect, but it's much better than vanilla.
      The following NPCs and situations are addressed:
      Disables collision while the player is in dialogue. Disables collision between the player and their allies. Disables collision between the player and their summons. Disables collision between the player and their allies' summons. Each of the above can be turned on or off via configuration settings (all ON by default).
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.