Weird (STEP) ENB issue (dark blue screen)

Heyas,

I use the STEP ENB (light) and which looks good and works well 99.9% of the time. But sometimes, when I move from an indoor cell into Skyrim, the graphics turn dark blue (during the day)  or black (at night). What I mean is, I can barely see the surroundings and lights are slightly more visible, but the screen is mostly a uniform blue or black color? This makes it impossible to see when you are going. Most of the time this is solved by going back indoors then back out. Yesterday however, I had to reload a save (not an autosave) to get it to turn normal again, losing progress.

I haven't been able to reproduce this nor does it happen very often. I am just wondering if someone else is experiencing this and what could possibly be the cause? I know next to nothing about ENBs, so I am unable to troubleshoot this myself. I also forgot to take a screenshot of it. I will add one when/if it happens again.

How do you know it's related to ENB? That would seem difficult to prove, as you would need to play with ENB to determine the frequency of occurrence and then without for 2-3x that time to confirm it doesn't happen without ENB.

If it IS ENB, then it's most likely related to ENBSeries engine-level DLLs and outside the scope of our control ... unless you have evidence otherwise.

I recall this happening to me before on rare occasion, but it's not reproducible AFAIK.

46 minutes ago, z929669 said:

How do you know it's related to ENB? That would seem difficult to prove, as you would need to play with ENB to determine the frequency of occurrence and then without for 2-3x that time to confirm it doesn't happen without ENB.

If it IS ENB, then it's most likely related to ENBSeries engine-level DLLs and outside the scope of our control ... unless you have evidence otherwise.

I recall this happening to me before on rare occasion, but it's not reproducible AFAIK.

I don't know if it is related to the ENB. It is an (un)edumicated guess really. Perhaps it is just some other "synergy" with EVLaS and the ENB (re: the sithis shadows a while back) or something?

I was basically more interested if it happened to others as well (as you more or less confirmed), and if a solution had been found for it. But indeed it is not reproducible and rare enough not to be a major issue. Besides, moving back indoors then outside again seems to fix it more often than not. I was also kinda taken aback when that didn't solve it yesterday and I had to reload a save to fix it. Guess I got scared or something.

21 minutes ago, ButchDiavolo said:

I don't know if it is related to the ENB. It is an (un)edumicated guess really. Perhaps it is just some other "synergy" with EVLaS and the ENB (re: the sithis shadows a while back) or something?

I was basically more interested if it happened to others as well (as you more or less confirmed), and if a solution had been found for it. But indeed it is not reproducible and rare enough not to be a major issue. Besides, moving back indoors then outside again seems to fix it more often than not. I was also kinda taken aback when that didn't solve it yesterday and I had to reload a save to fix it. Guess I got scared or something.

It may well be EVLaS bug. I haven't googled the issue myself. Do post back if you learn anything.

2 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

If you are not using our Lighting and Weather patch, the Godrays add on for Cathedral Weathers has a wild edit that changes one of the Imagespaces blue. This might be what you are seeing. 

Ah. That could very well be it then. I am indeed not using the L&W patch, because, after installing more mods on top of the STEP list, it has conflicts. Could you direct me to the wild edit in question so I can adjust it myself, please?

On 5/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, DoubleYou said:

Change 1Cathedral_Dim_Fire tint from 2.25 to 0.25.

Can you confirm that this fixes the blue tint issue? Is this the wild edit you spoke about? If so, I will address in the PP patch.

CW main plugin has it even higher, so is this an issue with synergy between this value and some other incompatible value Godrays update also changes? Else, this would also be an issue with CW main I suspect:

image.png

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

Can you confirm that this fixes the blue tint issue? Is this the wild edit you spoke about? If so, I will address in the PP patch.

CW main plugin has it even higher, so is this an issue with synergy between this value and some other incompatible value Godrays update also changes? Else, this would also be an issue with CW main I suspect:

image.png

I put this in one of our patches long ago before release, so it should still be there unless someone removed it. It is a known issue with the Godrays plugin.

10 hours ago, DoubleYou said:

I put this in one of our patches long ago before release, so it should still be there unless someone removed it. It is a known issue with the Godrays plugin.

I have all the Step patches loaded here, so I will add this to the PP patch, since that is for Godrays now. I'm assuming we don't know for sure if this could cause the blue tint bug then. But maybe?

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

I have all the Step patches loaded here, so I will add this to the PP patch, since that is for Godrays now. I'm assuming we don't know for sure if this could cause the blue tint bug then. But maybe?

It most definitely is.