Blackscreen after closing map and missing cities on map

Eagleman

Question

Hello everyone,

The last few days I've spent configuring STEP for SE, while I have previosuly done this twice for the legendary edition it was still a huge undertaking! So far I havent ran into any huge issues that I could not solve myself.

However I noticed some issues with the map. First my screen becomes black after closing the map (pressing M). Only way to see again is to reload a save.

One other thing I noticed is that for example whiterun is "missing" on the map:

m23Z53s.jpg

What can I do to solve this issue?

Edited by Eagleman

14 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, Eagleman said:

Hello everyone,

The last few days I've spent configuring STEP for SE, while I have previosuly done this twice for the legendary edition it was still a huge undertaking! So far I havent ran into any huge issues that I could not solve myself.

However I noticed some issues with the map. First my screen becomes black after closing the map (pressing M). Only way to see again is to reload a save.

One other thing I noticed is that for example whiterun is "missing" on the map:

m23Z53s.jpg

What can I do to solve this issue?

For missing objects, see the DynDOLOD instructions in the guide. You must set LOD32 to Level0 in the last '\' mesh rule. You will also need to have the Level32 option in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini enabled and use the correct options in ACMoS mod. Then regen DynDOLOD.

No idea about the black screen on closing map.

35 minutes ago, z929669 said:

For missing objects, see the DynDOLOD instructions in the guide. You must set LOD32 to Level0 in the last '\' mesh rule. You will also need to have the Level32 option in DynDOLOD_SSE.ini enabled and use the correct options in ACMoS mod. Then regen DynDOLOD.

Thanks! Already started re-generating all the LOD bases things. I am now at the Paint roads on terrain LOD step. However the instructions were not clear if this .exe needs to be loaded through MO or you can run without MO.

51 minutes ago, z929669 said:

image.thumb.png.40e79dbaacf725aa1191035f7cf4f545.png

image.thumb.png.5a1066288fcd0c02d2f4f1c9343d94d4.png

I am now re-generating with above options, ar these correct?

Edited by Eagleman

For the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution I did the following:

Installed the  Step Patch - Conflict Resolution and then the merged the Step Patch - Conflict Resolution Update into this mod. After this I installed the 18-Lighting & Weather as a seperate mod (no merge):

image.thumb.png.19bb973635bec1dff634335938344735.png

Edited by Eagleman

22 minutes ago, DoubleYou said:

I noticed the black screen issue starting with the Anniversary Edition. I think it is just a bug in the new game version. Minor inconvenience, as cycling it makes it go away.

Seems to be consistent on my end when looking at a specific thing in either Riftin harbour, or something in the mountains. Only when turning my view away (when in the black screen) and re-opening the map, I get my screen back.

I just have been installing STEP and have the same issue. Looking down and then opening the map clears it and I noticed that I was able to get part of my screen to show up as non-black after I turned while cycling between opening and closing the map.

Edit: I was just playing around with it standing on the docks and it seemed like it was an issue only when pointing away from the town and towards the trees/surrounding mountains.

Edited by Rikash