Step NoMansSky v2.0.0 Guide for No Man's Sky: Sentinel

TechAngel85

Well, NMS updated after only a few days of getting the Guide updated for Sentinel. Assuming there are no major changes within the Guide, it will be updated in-place for the next release. The in-place update is due to the fact the Guide was only released for three days before the update happen. I'll know more and report back once the tools are updated for the new game version.

As an update, we are simply waiting on the tools to update so that we can check, fix, and release a new version of the Guide. My initial statement of updating in-place will not stand as we've updated our version scheme for NMS. Therefore, a new guide version will be released for Outlaws once the tools for modding are stable again.

Another update.
The tools needed for modding have been updated through game version 3.87. In true HelloGames style, though, as soon as the tool released they posted another patch (v3.88) that requires another tool update. This is their normal cycle of chaotic patching after a version name change (Sentinel to Outlaw). The Guide will be updated as soon as the game and tools are stable. If HelloGames stick to their normal flow, the patching should slow down soon to allow for a more stable modding experience.

Side rant:
HelloGames is the only large studio that I've seen send out a fury of patches after a major release, which is why I call their release process chaotic. Most normal studios would put more into QA and testing before shipping an update, which might be followed by a patch or two within a few weeks to a few months to address issues that players found. Personally, I think they use their user base as their QA after these releases. :happy:

Archived