From Step Mods | Change The Game
- Implemented as of Step SkyrimLE Guide v2.10.0
- Major - introduce new functionality, mod groups, guide section, tools, or methods. (e.g., changing from Wrye Bash to MO, adding a new tool, adding a new mod group, etc.)
- Minor - changes to guide mod list or tool instructions. (e.g., adding/removing mods, changing selections in BethINI, etc.)
- Hotfix - changes/fixes that require immediate remedial actions. (e.g., corrections to guide instructions, changes to mod install order, updates to mod instructions, Patch updates, etc.)
- Hotfixes are typically released when a small collection of these "fixes" have accumulated. Until that time, changes will be reflected on the current Changelog.
- If a guide version is in a pre-release state, the version number may have a 'b' suffix to indicate a 'beta' version state.
Under this scheme
New Guide Versioning: 1.0.0
- New guides start at the beginning of the versioning scheme.
Beta Versioning: 0.1.0
- Major is always 0 when releases are in a beta state. Only a full release can trigger a change to Major, at which point version defaults New Guide versioning.
- The remainder of the scheme will remain the same.
STEP Guide version example: 2.9.2
- v2 brought changes to mod sorting software, mod management software, and introduced alpha Pack support
- v9 constitutes nine changes to the mod lineup since the change to v2.
- v2 constitutes two bug/hotfixes have been released since the last mod lineup change (v9).
Skyrim (current Skyrim STEP Guide version): 2.9.2
- Switch to official Wrye Bash support: 3.0.0 (major changes resets minor/hotfix versions)
- Remove a mod or add new mods: 2.10.0 (minor changes resets hotfix version)
- Update mod installation instructions: 2.9.3
- Separate Extended Pack from Core Guide AND change mod management software: 3.0.0