Generate a custom .lod for custom worldspace

planetmorgoth

Question

Hi I was wondering how I would go about generating a custom lodsettings .lod file for my custom worldspace. Currently I'm just using the Tamrield.lod but renamed to my mods name. But I believe that is causing the problem of the worldmap inheriting some of the properties of the main worldmap (See img attached, Mountain clouds where there shouldn't be.)

Any help appreciated.

MountainThatShouldNotBeThere#Wack.PNG

2 answers to this question

Use LodFileGenerator to generate a proper .lod file. Additional information on generating custom LOD for your worldspace may be found here: https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors

Also of interest you may find this guide by Jonx0r (author of Wyrmstooth) which has much information that is mostly correct for a lot of things. Some things could be done more simply, especially relating to LODs, but it is very high quality nonetheless and on point.

Especially of interest is his guide to changing the clouds for the world map. I recommend a simpler approach, however, and just remove them altogether by pointing them to a blank Cloud Model. You may be able to reuse the model from Solstheim however (DLC02\Sky\DLC2WorldMapCloudBank_Low.nif), as it is a smaller worldspace.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:32 PM, DoubleYou said:

Use LodFileGenerator to generate a proper .lod file. Additional information on generating custom LOD for your worldspace may be found here: https://dyndolod.info/Mod-Authors

Also of interest you may find this guide by Jonx0r (author of Wyrmstooth) which has much information that is mostly correct for a lot of things. Some things could be done more simply, especially relating to LODs, but it is very high quality nonetheless and on point.

Especially of interest is his guide to changing the clouds for the world map. I recommend a simpler approach, however, and just remove them altogether by pointing them to a blank Cloud Model. You may be able to reuse the model from Solstheim however (DLC02\Sky\DLC2WorldMapCloudBank_Low.nif), as it is a smaller worldspace.

Wow thanks so much for that Wrymstooth tutorial that is so much useful information!

Edit: Although I did come across one problem that I have always been having, I can't seem to add my files to Create Archive window. I drag them over and nothing happens, they are in the Data folder, and I'm selecting the files not the folders containing them so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If you know a possible solution that would help, but thanks for the help given already! (Pg 1163 of New Lands Mod Mega Tutorial PDF)

Edited by planetmorgoth