Jump to content
Mocha

Skyrim SE | SKSE64 not working

Recommended Posts

Just got Skyrim SE and downloaded a few mods I had in mind. Everything was working just fine so I added more mods into the mix but some how a day later SKSE is longer works. I am using SKSE64 game version: 1.5.97 and it worked just fine for 1 day but somehow just stopped and now is going me Error 1 messages each time I load it up from Mod Organizer 2.

I tried downloading the Aniversary Edition for SKSE64 out of desperation but no luck. SkyUI doesn't even want to work anymore. Can someone help me out? I would like to play Skyrim with the mods but I cannot do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like Steam may have updated you game. Check the version of skyrim.exe (properties)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, z929669 said:

Sounds like Steam may have updated you game. Check the version of skyrim.exe (properties)

 

I just checked the file version right now and it says " File Version: 1.6.353.0 " and for previous versions it does not say anything, like there was no previous versions at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mocha said:

I just checked the file version right now and it says " File Version: 1.6.353.0 " and for previous versions it does not say anything, like there was no previous versions at all.

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of the latest Skyrim Anniversay Edition. This means that you should update every mod to the latest AE versions and hope that the ones you want to use have indeed been updated to the latest AE. You mentioned you already downloaded the latest SKSE64 for AE, so that is indeed the right version to use.

Take a look at the new Step Guide 2.0.0 to see if your favorite mods are on that list, how to install things etc. Be warned though, the new STEP guide assumes you have the FULL version of AE (meaning: all the Creation Club addons). If you don't have this version, some patches will not work.

Edited by ButchDiavolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct. You need full version with CC content, so if you are not against that in principle, it is only $20 I think and worth it, IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

Congratulations, you are now the proud owner of the latest Skyrim Anniversay Edition. This means that you should update every mod to the latest AE versions and hope that the ones you want to use have indeed been updated to the latest AE. You mentioned you already downloaded the latest SKSE64 for AE, so that is indeed the right version to use.

Take a look at the new Step Guide 2.0.0 to see if your favorite mods are on that list, how to install things etc. Be warned though, the new STEP guide assumes you have the FULL version of AE (meaning: all the Creation Club addons). If you don't have this version, some patches will not work.

I do have a question, what if its both the special edition and anniversary edition? I bought it as a bundle. Do I still have to use mods for AE or can I use both?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mocha said:

I do have a question, what if its both the special edition and anniversary edition? I bought it as a bundle. Do I still have to use mods for AE or can I use both?

The major difference between SE and AE is that AE includes Creation Club mods and has updates to the game engine, which causes the incompatibility between the two versions. Once you have installed the bundle (=AE version), you can no longer use pre-AE mods that use SKSE or other so called extenders. Mods that don't use extra functionality, like cosmetic mods, are usually fine in either SE or AE version. Just read the description of the mods thoroughly. The difference in mod versions is usually explained by the SkyrimSE.exe version number: everything below 1.6.x.x is considered SE; everything above is AE. I hope this makes it a bit less confusing.

Edited by ButchDiavolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ButchDiavolo said:

The major difference between SE and AE is that AE includes Creation Club mods and has updates to the game engine, which causes the incompatibility between the two versions. Once you have installed the bundle (=AE version), you can no longer use pre-AE mods that use SKSE or other so called extenders. Mods that don't use extra functionality, like cosmetic mods, are usually fine in either SE or AE version. Just read the description of the mods thoroughly. The difference in mod versions is usually explained by the SkyrimSE.exe version number: everything below 1.6.x.x is considered SE; everything above is AE. I hope this makes it a bit less confusing.

This is a misnomer that was caused By Bethesda's sloppy rollout (undoubtedly to rebrand Skyrim as being all new). It's all SSE ... AE is just their brand name for 1.6.xxx with CC DLC. hopefully this will go away later this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By Halde
      Hey all!
      Did my complete STEP installment. I have two issues. The first is that there is a shadow following my character, at least at evening hours, around 6:30 pm ingame as can be seen on the screenshot. The sun is over the Falkreath hold, when I walk close, the edge of the shadow follows at the same distance it is in the screenshot. Meaning I can only see the sun, I can't be in the sun. This seems to be specific to the area surounding Falkreath however. The issue seems to be tied to something that generates or renders at approximately the distance of the shadow seen in the screenshot, because a similar, but much less visible effect appears when walking around other places such as around Riverwood or the plains of Whiterun. 
      The other is no dual sheathe. 
      I don't know what could've caused this, did the STEP setup by the letter, including Nemesis, so I'm thinking it might be one of the few mods I installed outside of STEP.
      These mods are
      Civil War Overhaul
      Expanded Towns and Cities
      Vigilant and the accompanied hi-res textures for the areas made for that
      Apocalypse + Vokrii compatibility
      Cloaks of Skyrim + CCOR compatibility patch
      While my knowledge is quite limited on the subject, the only thing I'm thinking that perhaps Cloaks of Skyrim could mess with the dual sheath. I haven't troubleshooted yet by trying to turn them off, I will do so tomorrow - merely wanted to put this out there, in case someone had experienced this themselves and immediately know the issue.
      Hoping for help!
      ~Sincerely
      Halde

    • By GraczNet
      Hello,
      I would like to remove WACCF from conflict resolution patch, but I'm new to xEdit. Is it enough that I uncheck it in CR patch installer? STEP guide says that "a minor subset of this mod's changes are forced by the Step patches". Could anyone point me at which records to remove? Thanks in advance
    • By Halde
      Title says it all, couldn't find a thread on it, and it's not mentioned in the guide. I'm leaning towards renaming it?
      ~Sincerely
      Halde
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.