Can I get a heads up for quests that adjust the time of day please?

So, I'm playing in Survival Mode and came across a questline involving a cursed ring of Hircine, and I arrived at Bloated Man's Grotto around 7 am fully prepared for the unknown, boy was I wrong.  When I entered the cave, the time advanced after the load screen to 11 pm o.o!  I was extremely disabled in terms of the fatigue mechanism, though probably because I was overencumbered.  I had intended to leave items near the cave exit upon entering and pick them up again presuming I was able to solve the problem of the cave.  I was not prepared to try the cave in the fatigued state and so I abandoned that idea to try to get to a bed.  It was my first experience of that degree of fatigue.  Vision was blurry.  Magic and stamina regeneration were disabled.

This experience prompted me to increase the autosave INI to a higher # than the default of 3  in case the game throws similar anomalies at me and I have recourse but I figured maybe I should just ask if anybody knows of other situations where the game forces a time advance without warning.  I feel mixed about what happened, but mostly believe that there was no reason for the forced time advance due to some magic user warping me or imprisoning/delaying me upon entering the cave.  Yes, Daedra are involved somehow, but if it's only Hircine, from the little I know about him, he would not have done such a thing even if he could.  So that leaves me with believing it is due to some kind of oversight by the developers, and in lieu of this probability I wonder if anybody can give me a heads up whether I can expect a similar time advance mechanism to happen in other parts of the game.

Edited by anonymouselbow

• 2 weeks later...

I went over the quest again and did not hear anything about moons, and don't see anything in Skyrim:Ill Met By Moonlight - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP) either, and why I felt caught unawares about the time forward function.  Also, moons are visible during the day, and Sinding said that the urges to hunt happened at various times against his will so I didn't see any connection to or condition for a  time of day aspect, other than the title of the quest but that is too vague considering all else.

Sadly, I must've hit Sinding with an arrow, yet another victim of either my poor aim or the game's trolling, because he started attacking me after the other hunters were dealt with and I ended up killing him.

I didn't notice any prompts in the information before entering the cave about a blood moon, and looking outside the moon isn't red either so kind of jarring mentally and visually to be time fowarded.

I peaked at the link in the above article just now at Bloodmoon:Hircine's Hunt - The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages (UESP) and that maybe is what you're referring to?

Edited by anonymouselbow