Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Siltafiir
      Hello,

I've followed the instructions for the SSE Anniversary Edition carefully (https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/SkyrimSE:2.0.0), the version I have. After installing the mods from Step 4 - 02 (Extenders), I tested the build by launching with SKSE, and it immediately crashed. I tried a couple more times before going back over the instructions, starting with the system setup guide. I haven't been able to find any step that I missed, and whatever I've been able to check in my build looks correct. 

Prior to adding any of the Step 4 - 02 Extenders, the game launched as normal from Steam. I launched in order to restore the Creation Club DLC, as per the "Restore Original Masters" section in Step 3.

I went ahead and disabled every mod in the left pane, including the Cleaned Vanilla Masters, so that only the vanilla plugins were enabled. I then tried launching through Mod Organizer 2 using the Skyrim SSE launcher (not SKSE). It still CTD'd immediately. Launching the game through Steam still works fine.

I've attached my latest crash log. I'm afraid I don't know how to read these, but after several failed attempts to launch the game I see there's an identical line at the top of every crash log:

I went ahead and searched the forum for "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" and found several threads that mention it, but none of them have run into the problem at after Step 4 - 02. 

Thanks in advance for your help!
      crash-2022-06-28-03-33-37.log
    • By YamiJustin
      Hello. I am following the S.T.E.P. guide, and noticed at the Flickering Meshes Fix mod that there are options for Parallax support. It appear that the S.T.E.P. guide does not have you installing any Parallax textures. If I want to install those at some point in the future is that okay to do? Will it disrupt the guide? Or perhaps I can come back at a later time (after installing, say, 2020 Parallax mod, and then enable the Parallax options inside this mod. Thanks~
    • By merrwel
      Hi, I am doing the latest Step Guide with little alterations like having Mysticis over Odin, Adamant as perk overhaul or adding followers. I didnt saw anything that odin is especially needed but in LOOT theres warning in Step Patch - Conflict Resolution.esp --- This plugin requires "Odin - Skyrim Magic Overhaul.esp" to be installed, but it is missing --- Apart from that theres no other warnings/errors in LOOT. Do i need Odin with this get-up or can something be done (its not that i dont like changes but i simply like vanilla feel better bcs i dont play often and i do prefere it that way)

Heres Load order from LOOT if needed: