Add controller support

LittleGuy

I recommend adding support for controller by adding "Do Not Install if planning on using controller" to both Better Container Controls for SkyUI  &  Immersive HUD - iHUD Special Edition

as both mods aren't compatible with controllers.

I also recommed adding Hide SkyUI: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12770 with Instructions to un-tick the SWF Version Checking in SkyUI.

1209367768_SkyrimSE8.thumb.png.8d02aea250e641735fe44a0104df6491.png

1 hour ago, LittleGuy said:

I recommend adding support for controller by adding "Do Not Install if planning on using controller" to both Better Container Controls for SkyUI  &  Immersive HUD - iHUD Special Edition

as both mods aren't compatible with controllers.

I also recommed adding Hide SkyUI: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12770 with Instructions to un-tick the SWF Version Checking in SkyUI.

1209367768_SkyrimSE8.thumb.png.8d02aea250e641735fe44a0104df6491.png

How do you know controllers are not compatible with these mods? I think some workarounds have been posted for issues with these mods and controllers if you search these forums. I use a xBoxOne controller and have found no issues. I also use a remapping mod for that controller. Sounds like you need to mess with your configuration. We don't support controllers (or mention them) because there is so much variation in what people use and how they may or may not want use it.

The mod you are suggesting has no clear description. Why use SkyUI if you are going to hide its menus? SkyUI makes the vanilla menu system much more efficient and usable on a PC in our opinion (which is why it is recommended and the most highly endorsed SkyrimLE/SE mod of all time). I don't see any rationale or before/after screens that would make me want to use that mod. Seems like a personal choice (for whatever seemingly-illogical reason).

2 hours ago, z929669 said:

The mod you are suggesting has no clear description. Why use SkyUI if you are going to hide its menus? SkyUI makes the vanilla menu system much more efficient and usable on a PC in our opinion (which is why it is recommended and the most highly endorsed SkyrimLE/SE mod of all time). I don't see any rationale or before/after screens that would make me want to use that mod. Seems like a personal choice (for whatever seemingly-illogical reason).

Yup, that mod is SUPER user preference, sorry about that :whistling:

As for the other mods, BCC is very buggy with controllers and straight up messes up containers out of the box, with iHUD maybe I jumped the gun, I didn't check the MCM to see if there were any settings to make it more controller friendly "out of the box the compass is always hidden" :biggrin:

And as for SkyUI, it's no secret a lot of controller users endorsed it only for the MCM :dry:
I prefer a more "Vanilla" UI and SkyUI is as anti-Vanilla as it gets imo, BUT I'm willing to try it I guess if you are using the same controller

3 hours ago, z929669 said:

I also use a remapping mod for that controller.

Can I get the name of that remapping mod?

1 hour ago, LittleGuy said:

Yup, that mod is SUPER user preference, sorry about that :whistling:

As for the other mods, BCC is very buggy with controllers and straight up messes up containers out of the box, with iHUD maybe I jumped the gun, I didn't check the MCM to see if there were any settings to make it more controller friendly "out of the box the compass is always hidden" :biggrin:

And as for SkyUI, it's no secret a lot of controller users endorsed it only for the MCM :dry:
I prefer a more "Vanilla" UI and SkyUI is as anti-Vanilla as it gets imo, BUT I'm willing to try it I guess if you are using the same controller

Can I get the name of that remapping mod?

I use this one, and it's very handy ... although I have not set it up completely. If you care to install this with all three of the mods mentioned as we have them configured in the guide and tweak around to see what you find out, that would be helpful. I mostly do targeted mod config and testing outside of standard gameplay and likely have not had issues because of that; however, I suspect it's just a matter of configuration to get all of these working properly together (I just don't have time to test the unsupported setup with controllers):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5682

26 minutes ago, z929669 said:

I use this one, and it's very handy ... although I have not set it up completely. If you care to install this with all three of the mods mentioned as we have them configured in the guide and tweak around to see what you find out, that would be helpful. I mostly do targeted mod config and testing outside of standard gameplay and likely have not had issues because of that; however, I suspect it's just a matter of configuration to get all of these working properly together (I just don't have time to test the unsupported setup with controllers):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5682

I'll uninstall Hide SkyUI and see if I can get it working properly

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleGuy said:

"messes up containers out of the box"

I was wrong about that, it was Hide SkyUI that broke the containers.:doh:

But I still recommend those using a controller skip Installing Better Container Controls for SkyUI as it breaks the quantity prompt when using a controller, making the mod more trouble than it's worth imo.

As for Immersive HUD - iHUD Special Edition there's a MCM setting for a hotkey (I recommend the sprint button or the left or right D-pad)