Pickup Multi-Items not working

ZXJosh

Question

So have followed the step guide am new to this all sorry for being annoying but whenever i pick up more than one item such as septims instead of it asking how many i woukd like to pick up it just takes 1, i use a gamepad btw

On 4/28/2021 at 10:39 PM, ZXJosh said:

So have followed the step guide am new to this all sorry for being annoying but whenever i pick up more than one item such as septims instead of it asking how many i woukd like to pick up it just takes 1, i use a gamepad btw

I have the same problem using XBox controller. If you disable the "Better Container Controls" mod you should be fine.

Alternatively, perhaps playing around with the config may help. I've not looked into this, just disabled the mod.

Edited by RustlersDeluxe
  • Thanks 1

If they are just loose septims, you can only pick up one at a time. If they are in a pounch, you can take all with the pouch (no other option). If 250 septims and a daggar are on a dead NPC, you have the option to take each or take "all". Same as any 'container'.

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

If they are just loose septims, you can only pick up one at a time. If they are in a pounch, you can take all with the pouch (no other option). If 250 septims and a daggar are on a dead NPC, you have the option to take each or take "all". Same as any 'container'.

They aren't loose ones and it doesn't say take all it says "take most" is this a mod thing?

1 hour ago, Greg said:

If you are using a mouse, left click takes one septim at a time and right click takes all septims, so you might try using the equivalent of the right click on your gamepad.

Tried that still only takes one pretty sure it's a mod thing as i used to get a "how many" selection now I don't get that

4 hours ago, Greg said:

If you are using a mouse, left click takes one septim at a time and right click takes all septims, so you might try using the equivalent of the right click on your gamepad.

I guess I never tried that ... on a coin purse or when they are scattered? Either?

8 hours ago, z929669 said:

I guess I never tried that ... on a coin purse or when they are scattered? Either?

The question is a bit vague, but I interpreted "instead of it asking how many i woukd like to pick up it just takes 1" to mean he is attempting to loot a container or NPC. It's been years since I played vanilla so I may be misremembering, but I seem to recall vanilla prompted for a quantity if the number of items in a container is greater than 5 (e.g. 10 iron arrows). One of the mods (SkyUI, MoreHUD, MoreHUD Inventory Edition) changed this behavior so that left clicking on an item in a container takes one of the item without prompting (e.g. one coin or one iron arrow) and right clicking an item in a container takes all of this item (e.g. all coins or all iron arrows). I have no idea what the equivalent of "take all of this item" is on a gamepad, though.

Your answer is correct if the items are scattered on a surface or coins are in a coin purse. There may be a mod to loot all scattered items, but I've never used such a mod. If the coins are in a coin purse, I know of no way to get to the coins within the coin purse.

11 hours ago, Greg said:

The question is a bit vague, but I interpreted "instead of it asking how many i woukd like to pick up it just takes 1" to mean he is attempting to loot a container or NPC. It's been years since I played vanilla so I may be misremembering, but I seem to recall vanilla prompted for a quantity if the number of items in a container is greater than 5 (e.g. 10 iron arrows). One of the mods (SkyUI, MoreHUD, MoreHUD Inventory Edition) changed this behavior so that left clicking on an item in a container takes one of the item without prompting (e.g. one coin or one iron arrow) and right clicking an item in a container takes all of this item (e.g. all coins or all iron arrows). I have no idea what the equivalent of "take all of this item" is on a gamepad, though.

Your answer is correct if the items are scattered on a surface or coins are in a coin purse. There may be a mod to loot all scattered items, but I've never used such a mod. If the coins are in a coin purse, I know of no way to get to the coins within the coin purse.

That is exactly what I am not getting anymore and it must be moreHUD as i never had that issue before so will try disabling and seeing if that works, thanks you!

On 4/30/2021 at 4:36 AM, DoubleYou said:

I do believe there is a setting in the MCM menu to modify this behavior, because I remember it annoying myself. 

Can you remember which one specifically it is? Have changed one of them to no avail.

6 hours ago, RustlersDeluxe said:

I have the same problem using XBox controller. If you disable the "Better Container Controls" mod you should be fine.

Alternatively, perhaps playing around with the config may help. I've not looked into this, just disabled the mod.

it was that thank you!!!

On 4/28/2021 at 3:08 PM, Greg said:

I didnt realize it would be different with a gamepad. When right clicking the mouse it takes all coins or pressing E selects the quantity. The equivalent on the gamepad  for right click is Left Trigger and takes 1 coin. A is the same as E and it takes 1 coin.

Looks like the developer mentioned it in 2019 and never found a fix . . .

firefox_WINzfotbZc.thumb.png.1c9d66d939c11b465ba9149b1c03edfe.png

firefox_PP5CcZqdzf.thumb.png.31832beb5ee078661632cd870a4cb893.png

Disabling BCC per @RustlersDeluxeallowed me to press A and take all the coins. Perhaps devs may want to include a note in the guide saying it doesn't work as intended with gamepads.

On 6/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, FireCulex said:

Disabling BCC per @RustlersDeluxeallowed me to press A and take all the coins. Perhaps devs may want to include a note in the guide saying it doesn't work as intended with gamepads.

Guide is designed for mouse and keyboard (pure PC). Gamepads are never tested in an official compacity. We used to call this out, but it hasn't been an issue in a very long time. Perhaps it should be mentioned, again, though I think it would be obvious with all the mods added that have key binding options since you're not going to be able to do that with a controller. I only use a controller for certain games, Skyrim is not one of them.

13 minutes ago, TechAngel85 said:

Guide is designed for mouse and keyboard (pure PC). Gamepads are never tested in an official compacity. We used to call this out, but it hasn't been an issue in a very long time. Perhaps it should be mentioned, again, though I think it would be obvious with all the mods added that have key binding options since you're not going to be able to do that with a controller. I only use a controller for certain games, Skyrim is not one of them.

I do use a controller and haven't run into any issues yet, but I really don't play. I do stuff relating to testing is all. Past XP tells me that using a controller always presents some challenges, but they are all resolvable by the user. I do not advocate supporting them or even mentioning them outside of linking to a guide for that specifically. I think it should be up to the user to figure it out.

Ultimately, we should have a guide on this, so anyone that dives into the controller options and workarounds should probably start such a guide on the wiki. then we can just point to that.