DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 173

sheson

Sorry about that. I was cleaning the carpet. That version of DynDOLOD actually cancelled itself in the middle of generating lods without warning. I'm starting it again, but it looks like the last entry is looking for Texconvx64.exe, which I don't have in that folder so I am assuming it is a test file. Should I make a copy of TexGenx64.exe & rename it or are they different files?

7ffc4fdb KERNEL32.DLL                          BaseThreadInitThunk
7ffc515c ntdll.dll                             RtlUserThreadStart
[00:03] External: G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD 3.0\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Date: 2021-08-11 21:00:00
[00:03] DynDOLOD Resources SE: 3.00 <= 2.88 <= 3.00

But that version did run quite a bit further until it reached that.

I guess I'm taking too long between messages to edit, but it takes almost a half hour for this to run on my list. Anyway, I ran it a third time because I got mixed results with the other two and it ran through the whole thing again. So whatever you changed appears to have resolved at least the conflict I was having.

6 hours ago, DarthVitrial said:

Hi,

in Alpha 36, I'm having TexGen SSE instantly crash when generating stitched textures with a List Index Out of Bounds error.

Bugreport and logs attached.

Is there any other info I can provide?

bugreport.txt 36.71 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt 437.75 kB · 0 downloads TexGen_SSE_log.txt 74.73 kB · 0 downloads

Unpack the DynDOLOD Standalone archive into a new empty 'DynDOLOD' directory. Do not install into existing installation.

5 hours ago, skinjack said:

Sorry about that. I was cleaning the carpet. That version of DynDOLOD actually cancelled itself in the middle of generating lods without warning. I'm starting it again, but it looks like the last entry is looking for Texconvx64.exe, which I don't have in that folder so I am assuming it is a test file. Should I make a copy of TexGenx64.exe & rename it or are they different files?

7ffc4fdb KERNEL32.DLL                          BaseThreadInitThunk
7ffc515c ntdll.dll                             RtlUserThreadStart
[00:03] External: G:\Utilities\DynDOLOD 3.0\Edit Scripts\Texconvx64.exe, Version: 1.0.0.0, Date: 2021-08-11 21:00:00
[00:03] DynDOLOD Resources SE: 3.00 <= 2.88 <= 3.00

But that version did run quite a bit further until it reached that.

Based on the log line Texconvx64.exe was found. So were DynDOLOD Resources SE.

• +1 1

If there is a normal log file there also should be debug log!?

4 hours ago, skinjack said:

I guess I'm taking too long between messages to edit, but it takes almost a half hour for this to run on my list. Anyway, I ran it a third time because I got mixed results with the other two and it ran through the whole thing again. So whatever you changed appears to have resolved at least the conflict I was having.

The third time also didn't create a debug log?

Hello,

I always rerun Dyndolod at each update and with the last one, I noticed a lod problem at close range for a meshe (or texture?) in Solitude's dock.

It seems to be a classic lod at close range bug. This is the vanilla base dock as I don't use city overhaul here. There is just meshes and textures mods.

I ran Dyndolod 3 times, using the new zip function and classic generation too, and this problem is still here. And I don't remember to had it before.

I build an image to show all the useful informations: location, the meshe, the lod.

enb2021-8-13-09-55-22.jpg

Here another picture to show that many parts of the dock is concerned.

enb2021-8-13-09-56-09.jpg

Thank you for all your work and help.

Edit:

If it can help, here is my lod mod order:

DynDOLOD Resources SE (3.0 version)

- HD Lods Textures SE V9.0 512 - Performance friendly

DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix

- Majestic Mountains - DynDoLod 3 Pack

Edited by delweyn

2 hours ago, delweyn said:

Hello,

I always rerun Dyndolod at each update and with the last one, I noticed a lod problem at close range for a meshe (or texture?) in Solitude's dock.

It seems to be a classic lod at close range bug. This is the vanilla base dock as I don't use city overhaul here. There is just meshes and textures mods.

I ran Dyndolod 3 times, using the new zip function and classic generation too, and this problem is still here. And I don't remember to had it before.

I build an image to show all the useful informations: location, the meshe, the lod.

enb2021-8-13-09-55-22.jpg

Here another picture to show that many parts of the dock is concerned.

enb2021-8-13-09-56-09.jpg

Thank you for all your work and help.

Edit:

If it can help, here is my lod mod order:

DynDOLOD Resources SE (3.0 version)

- HD Lods Textures SE V9.0 512 - Performance friendly

DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix

- Majestic Mountains - DynDoLod 3 Pack

Read the first post what logfiles to include when making reports.

Test with a new game to make sure this not a botched clean save update.

If you find references defined by DynDOLOD.esm or DynDOLOD .esp open the reference FormID in xEdit to check the EditorID to learn which pluginesp_formid is the source. If it points to another reference in DynDOLOD.esp check its EditorID. The next steps depend on what plugin and reference the source is.

Remove DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix. It is not required since many months.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sheson said:

Read the first post what logfiles to include when making reports.

Test with a new game to make sure this not a botched clean save update.

If you find references defined by DynDOLOD.esm or DynDOLOD .esp open the reference FormID in xEdit to check the EditorID to learn which pluginesp_formid is the source. If it points to another reference in DynDOLOD.esp check its EditorID. The next steps depend on what plugin and reference the source is.

Remove DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix. It is not required since many months.

- Here are the files needed. (I put the debug file into a .rar because it  was too big).

- Yes it was in a new game (I get out of the starting Helgen Cave)

- I'm not sure what you mean with the references ID (English is not my native langage) but I suppose it could be these (I put only few, not all of them):

Meshe ref (all from SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp)           Their Dyndolod ref.

00 09 25 2B                                                                       CA 09 DC 3D

00 09 25 2D                                                                       CA 09 DC 44

00 0A ED F1                                                                       CA 09 DC 49

00 09 25 32                                                                       CA 09 DC 0F                                                            

00 09 25 2F                                                                       CA 09 DC 4B

- Thank you for the waterfall fix. Didn't knew it was obsolete.

I hope it will be OK.

I just ran Dyndolod 2.96 and there is not this problem there. So it's from 3.0.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar

Edited by delweyn

I apologize. I did not see this file last night. Here is the Debug_log.txt. I need new eyes. 

This is AFTER my last successful run.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/63ca598my17u5ax/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

EDIT: Figured I'd send a picture of my logs file in case you wanted to look through that as well. 

https://imgur.com/sPnhlRl

Edited by skinjack

3 hours ago, TheDude said:

Hi Sheson, just a quick question: Do you still recommend using Xlodgen for generating occlusion or could I do this in the new Dyndo Alpha version instead?

Read the thread Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data and/or the section TVDT - Occlusion Data in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html or ..\DynDOLOD3\docs\help\OcclusionCulling.html

1 hour ago, skinjack said:

I apologize. I did not see this file last night. Here is the Debug_log.txt. I need new eyes. 

This is AFTER my last successful run.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/63ca598my17u5ax/DynDOLOD_SSE_Debug_log.txt/file

EDIT: Figured I'd send a picture of my logs file in case you wanted to look through that as well. 

https://imgur.com/sPnhlRl

Thanks.

3 hours ago, delweyn said:

- Here are the files needed. (I put the debug file into a .rar because it  was too big).

- Yes it was in a new game (I get out of the starting Helgen Cave)

- I'm not sure what you mean with the references ID (English is not my native langage) but I suppose it could be these (I put only few, not all of them):

Meshe ref (all from SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp)           Their Dyndolod ref.

00 09 25 2B                                                                       CA 09 DC 3D

00 09 25 2D                                                                       CA 09 DC 44

00 0A ED F1                                                                       CA 09 DC 49

00 09 25 32                                                                       CA 09 DC 0F                                                            

00 09 25 2F                                                                       CA 09 DC 4B

- Thank you for the waterfall fix. Didn't knew it was obsolete.

I hope it will be OK.

I just ran Dyndolod 2.96 and there is not this problem there. So it's from 3.0.

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 312.02 kB · 1 download TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.rar 116.41 kB · 1 download

Read ..\DynDOLOD\docs\help\Terminology.html and/or the section Terminology in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html to find some explanations what things mean.

The screen shots you posted list the ref(erence) form ID of the reference records defined in a DynDOLOD plugin.

Enter the reference form id into the FormID field top left of xEdit to look up the record and to find out its EditorID which tells you the source plugin name and source form ID the LOD representation is for. Typically we would expect them to reference in the Solitude child worldspace.

28 minutes ago, sheson said:

3 hours ago, TheDude said:

Hi Sheson, just a quick question: Do you still recommend using Xlodgen for generating occlusion or could I do this in the new Dyndo Alpha version instead?

Read the thread Skyrim TVDT - Occlusion Culling Data and/or the section TVDT - Occlusion Data in ..\DynDOLOD\docs\DynDOLOD_Manual.html or ..\DynDOLOD3\docs\help\OcclusionCulling.html

Yeah, Ive read the manual and thread and know how to generate occlusion with Xlodgen but was wondering if the Dyndo Alpha could replace that since it has specific occlusion-settings in the DynDOLOD-sse.ini

But I’ll just continue using Xlodgen for occlusion then, thanks.