TFOS Cherry Trees LOD Artifacts Spotted

the_gneech

Question

Using DynDOLOD 3.00, LOD artifacts are appearing in child spaces using the current (as of 2/15/21) versions of Myrkvior - The Flora of Skyrim - Trees SSE for DynDOLOD 3.xx, TFoS Trees AND PLANTS for Whiterun Town, and TFoS Cherry trees, in combination with JK's Skyrim and Enhanced Solitude/Enhanced Solitude Docks.

Of particular note is that some afflicted cherry trees do not appear to be inside the town space.

Solitude: 000012d0, 000012d1

Whiterun: 00000d6b

Rorikstead: 000012d2 (Might be in the town? Not sure.)

Interestingly, around Whiterun I also found cherry trees that did not suffer from this effect, such as 00000d69, 00000d6a, and 00000d6c. They have been added by the TFoS tundra mod instead.

The mod author has been notified. Thanks. 🙂

6 answers to this question

FOLLOWUP: I didn't realize that a new version of DynDOLOD had slipped out when I wasn't looking! That appears to have fixed the non-cherry tree artifacts inside the town of Whiterun at least, but now the cherry tree mod data isn't loading at all as far as I can tell. I'll investigate more tomorrow and see what I can find.

The disappearing trees are probably a conflict between the other two mods then. LOD artifacts continue to appear when running the base cherry tree addon, with all mods up-to-date and a fresh run of TextGen and DynDOLOD Alpha-30.

Trying different combinations of mods, the behavior when running Enhanced Solitude appears to be...

Base Cherry Add-On: Cherry trees appear in Solitude and Whiterun (occasionally growing up out of a building), with LOD artifacts.

Cherry Trees for Solitude Expansion from the Myrkvior page: Cherry trees do not appear anywhere.

Cherry Trees with "TFoS Cherry trees patch for Solitude Expansion SSE": Cherry trees do not appear anywhere.

Two mods adding tree references do not cancel each other out. A  full model tree can only not show if the mesh is missing, textures are transparent or if the reference is being deleted/moved by another plugin. All three things are easily verified. These things are not affected by DynDOLOD.

If two different plugins add objects to the same position so they clip/intersect each other is not caused by DynDOLOD.

Post a screenshot of the LOD artifacts. If possible with a open console and form id of the full model tree.

Make sure to use latest alpha version.

Are you sure you have generated LOD for the current load order and that the plugin order did not change afterwards?

As far as I can tell these trees are all outside the walled cities in the Tamriel worldspace, so typically this applies:

FAQ: Game: Tree LOD: LOD trees show in loaded cells
A: Make sure that nothing overwrites the generated LOD files.
A: Make sure all plugins with ITM or deleted references are cleaned. See https://tes5edit.github.io/docs/5-mod-cleaning-and-error-checking.html
A: If the load order / priority of plugins adding or changing tree references was changed, generate tree LOD again so it matches the new load order.