Jump to content
  • 0

DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil


Wolfstorm321
 Share

Question

I started a new installation for Skyrim. In this new installation, after building and installing Dyndolod, I'm getting the message "Dyndolod requires PapyrusUtil". However, PapyrusUtil was one of the first utilities installed. I tried with PapyrusUtil 3.6b, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9, and also tried putting the scripts inside the data/Dyndolod folder. I'm still getting this same message, and Dyndolod wont start. Anyone know what kind of bug is this? 

 

https://imgur.com/0R6rLYa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 1

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil 

A: If the intention is to use DynDOLOD DLL, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources. 

A: PapyrusUtil is not installed, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct PapyrusUtil version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its files are overwritten by other mods. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64].log that the PapyrusUtil DLL was loaded correctly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1

FAQ: Game: DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil 

A: If the intention is to use DynDOLOD DLL, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources. 

A: PapyrusUtil is not installed, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct PapyrusUtil version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its files are overwritten by other mods. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64].log that the PapyrusUtil DLL was loaded correctly. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
34 minutes ago, dgambino1 said:

I've been searching everywhere but cannot find a fix for this one and figured I would ask here!

My DynDoLod in MCM shows it as not active and displays "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil". I do have it installed (version 4.4) near the top of my load order so that other mods can overwrite it (when necessary) and I'm using SSE AE 1.640.

I saw that there is a bug post for this issue in PapyrusUtil from Dec2022 but wanting to know if anyone has a workaround? This "seems" like an issue with DynDOLOD not recognizing that PapyrusUtil is properly installed. I checked my SKSE log and it reflects that PapyrusUtil was loaded correctly.

I do have SimplyKnock installed and saw that PapyrusUtil.dll was there so I deleted it. In addition, I also put it above the PapyrusUtil mod. I have DynDOLOD Resources SE at the bottom of my load order so it overwrites everything above it. I do NOT have Camping installed or any of the sex mods. In addition, I'm also using the "DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00" which is supposed to omit PapyrusUtil but that doesn't appear to be true.

Can anyone who's using SSE 1.640, PapyrusUtil and DynDOLOD confirm that their DynDOLOD mod in MCM shows the active box being checked?

Thanks in advance!

Proper install order (MO left pane):

  1. Papyrus
  2. DynDOLOD Resources
  3. DynDOLOD DLL

These should not be high priority in you MO left pane unless you have almost no other mods installed. They should be near lowest priority.

You probably have the wrong versions of #1 or #2 for your game runtime and/or the version of DynDOLOD you are running. Assuming you are using DynDOLOD alpha 111.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
8 hours ago, dgambino1 said:

I've been searching everywhere but cannot find a fix for this one and figured I would ask here!

My DynDoLod in MCM shows it as not active and displays "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil". I do have it installed (version 4.4) near the top of my load order so that other mods can overwrite it (when necessary) and I'm using SSE AE 1.640.

I saw that there is a bug post for this issue in PapyrusUtil from Dec2022 but wanting to know if anyone has a workaround? This "seems" like an issue with DynDOLOD not recognizing that PapyrusUtil is properly installed. I checked my SKSE log and it reflects that PapyrusUtil was loaded correctly.

I do have SimplyKnock installed and saw that PapyrusUtil.dll was there so I deleted it. In addition, I also put it above the PapyrusUtil mod. I have DynDOLOD Resources SE at the bottom of my load order so it overwrites everything above it. I do NOT have Camping installed or any of the sex mods. In addition, I'm also using the "DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00" which is supposed to omit PapyrusUtil but that doesn't appear to be true.

Can anyone who's using SSE 1.640, PapyrusUtil and DynDOLOD confirm that their DynDOLOD mod in MCM shows the active box being checked?

Thanks in advance!

Read https://dyndolod.info/FAQ "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil".

There is no issue with DynDOLOD not recognizing PapyrusUtil. A PapyrusUtil papyrus script function does not return the required version value. Either because the PapyrusUtil.dll or the PapyrusUtil scripts are not working right.

The DynDOLOD DLL NG and scripts are being overwritten by the DynDOLOD papyrus scripts for PapyrusUtil included in DynDOLOD Resources. The papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL do not check if PapyrusUtil is working.

6 hours ago, dgambino1 said:

Thank you z9 for replying! Here is the top of my load order and the bottom of my load order:

Top: https://freeimage.host/i/Hl8zbKG

Bottom: https://freeimage.host/i/Hl8IIDP

What am I missing? I thought the "DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00" was supposed to omit PapyrusUtil, is that true? Is there some cache file?

I looked at the Nexus page for PapyrusUtil and, aside from SimplyKnock, I'm not using any of those listed there but I suppose it's possible there's another one. Is there a list of mods that overwrite PapyrusUtil out there for cross-checking?

I tried utilzing the non-3.00 scripts and DLL and that gave the same error that PapyrusUtil is required.

I sincerely thank you and anyone else that can assist with this one. Can you confirm that DynDOLOD in MCM shows as active in 1.640?

image.png

image.png

The screenshots do not show what files are actually in the virtual data folder. 

Use the right window Data tab to check what DLL and papyrus script files are the last to win the overwrite priorities and what mods they are coming from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
2 hours ago, dgambino1 said:

Thank you @sheson and @z929669 for the reply. I looked in the "Data" tab in MO2 and found PapyrusUtil is showing the proper virtual path (Data\SKSE\Plugins) and the "From" reflects that it's coming from the Papyrus mod folder (PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions).

I have just two DynDOLOD mods in the following load order:

PapyrusUtil SE > DynDOLOD Resources SE > DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00

Do I still need the 2.45 file from Nexus below the "DLL NG and Scripts 3.00"?

My TextGen_Output and DynDOLOD_Output mods are both at the very bottom.

As I mentioned in my previous, if you are using game version 1.6.640, then everything relating to DynDOLOD and its dependencies is available for reference in the install priority I linked, which follows the DynDOLOD requirements I also linked. Search for the mods you are using in our guide, and use those links to download the required mods and their install priority. This guide also serves as an example of overall install priority of various mod types.

I've no idea what the "2.45" file is, and all the needed info has been provided.

EDIT: If you are referring to DynDOLOD DLL 2.45, then it doesn't make sense to use this if using DynDOLOD DLL NG. Use one or the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1
4 hours ago, dgambino1 said:

Thank you @sheson and @z929669 for the reply. I looked in the "Data" tab in MO2 and found PapyrusUtil is showing the proper virtual path (Data\SKSE\Plugins) and the "From" reflects that it's coming from the Papyrus mod folder (PapyrusUtil SE - Modders Scripting Utility Functions).

I have just two DynDOLOD mods in the following load order:

PapyrusUtil SE > DynDOLOD Resources SE > DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00

Do I still need the 2.45 file from Nexus below the "DLL NG and Scripts 3.00"?

My TextGen_Output and DynDOLOD_Output mods are both at the very bottom.

https://dyndolod.info/Help/Large-Reference-Bugs-Workarounds#Requirements
DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha-2 (Mega) overwrite DynDOLOD Resources SE, do not install older versions of DynDOLOD DLL or the papyrus scripts

If LOD was generated with the large reference bugs workarounds checked in the advanced options, then you need to install and use DynDOLOD DLL NG and scripts 3.x
If you have not checked the large reference bugs workarounds, then either use PapyrusUtil or the DynDOLOD DLL 2.x with its scripts as explained https://dyndolod.info/Help/DynDOLOD-DLL. Also https://dyndolod.info/Downloadshttps://dyndolod.info/Installation-Instructions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

I get a pop-up when I launch the new game. "DynDOLOD requires Papayrus util". It is installed, but it isnt recognized

Then once I get in the game I get an error along the top that says dynlod cannot find Tamriel in worlds. I have it in the sse terrain (Temp) file as instructed but the guide but it says to disable it. Now there isn't another esp in xlodgen output. 

then right after that it tells me that I need a master file for dynlod. I followed the guide to a T. I did add a few extra mods but ones that should be compatible.

I have sorted with loot without issues.

SSELODGen_log

DynDOLOD_SSE_log

Modlist

Plugins

Not sure if you need any other logs. This was all I could find.

I am nearly done bothering yall here. It has been a week in the making but I am sooo close. Thank you all for all your help. I cant wait to play!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
6 hours ago, Zarok_Aleon said:

I dont know how to mark this as the answer but you were right. Campfire was loaded After Papayrus and it over writes that dll. I moved campfire above it and it runs like a dream. Now I can move on to step 6 and 7!

This is the DynDOLOD support area and not the SSE guide support area, but yes, move on to next steps if you are good with step 5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello so I am brand new to all of this and I have been having TWO issues with DynDOLOD, I have searched for quite a while and have no found a sufficient fix to my problem so I thought I would ask here.

I keep getting the message when I enter the game "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil" I have already downloaded Papy and there are a few things I have done myself to try and work around the issue.
- re-downloaded Papyrus
- re-downloaded DynDOLOD 

Now I know these are obvious and basic things to list but I wanted to list them anyway for reference.

Now the second issue which I am almost certain is linked to the first problem I get TWO messages that read 
"DynDOLOD can not find Tamriel in DynDOLOD_Worlds"
"DynDOLOD can not find master data in None"

The issue seem pretty specific on where the problem lies but since I am new to modding I do not want to go around messing with my files and then accidently mess up my mod list, So instead I decided to ask for help here before I go scrounging around.

Normally I would brush these two things off because DynDOLOD is actually working in my game, It fixed my tree textures and none of my textures/meshes are broken as far as I can tell. The only reason I am trying to fix this issue is that every 5 Seconds those two messages are spammed in the corner of my screen and it is irritating to watch. 

I have linked both pictures of the messages.

I would appreciate any help or info on this! Thank you!


 

image_2021-12-06_180047.jpg

image_2021-12-06_180120.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
4 hours ago, R3tro said:

Hello so I am brand new to all of this and I have been having TWO issues with DynDOLOD, I have searched for quite a while and have no found a sufficient fix to my problem so I thought I would ask here.

I keep getting the message when I enter the game "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil" I have already downloaded Papy and there are a few things I have done myself to try and work around the issue.
- re-downloaded Papyrus
- re-downloaded DynDOLOD 

Now I know these are obvious and basic things to list but I wanted to list them anyway for reference.

Now the second issue which I am almost certain is linked to the first problem I get TWO messages that read 
"DynDOLOD can not find Tamriel in DynDOLOD_Worlds"
"DynDOLOD can not find master data in None"

The issue seem pretty specific on where the problem lies but since I am new to modding I do not want to go around messing with my files and then accidently mess up my mod list, So instead I decided to ask for help here before I go scrounging around.

Normally I would brush these two things off because DynDOLOD is actually working in my game, It fixed my tree textures and none of my textures/meshes are broken as far as I can tell. The only reason I am trying to fix this issue is that every 5 Seconds those two messages are spammed in the corner of my screen and it is irritating to watch. 

I have linked both pictures of the messages.

I would appreciate any help or info on this! Thank you!


 

image_2021-12-06_180047.jpg

image_2021-12-06_180120.jpg

 

DynDOLOD_SSE_log.txt TexGen_SSE_log.txt

1 hour ago, z929669 said:

You will need to post logs as described in the posting guidelines up one level from this topic, and in the DynDOLOD OP.

Got it thanks, wasn't sure how to edit the existing post so I just quoted it with the logs. Those were the only two I could find. Couldnt not find any debug logs or a bugreport log.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

From the DynDOLOD FAQ

Q: Game: DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil 

A: If the intention is to use DynDOLOD DLL, make sure the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD DLL overwrite the papyrus scripts from DynDOLOD Resources. 

A: PapyrusUtil is not installed, outdated or not running at all. 

A: Make sure you have the correct PapyrusUtil version for the current Skyrim and SKSE versions that is used and none of its files are overwritten by other mods. 

A: Check the c:\Users\[username]\Documents\My Games\[Skyrim|Skyrim Special Edition|Skyrim VR]\SKSE\[skse|skse64].log that the PapyrusUtil DLL was loaded correctly. 

 

https://levelskip.com/rpgs/How-to-Take-Screenshots-in-Skyrim

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Hello, I am having the "DynDOLOD requires PapyrusUtil" error.  It continues to occur even after I disable every single mod and plugin in my load order except my TexGen and DynDOLOD outputs, the DynDOLOD resources, Papyrus Util, and SKSE.  I have attached a log below from my Local Disk>Users>[Username]>Documents>My Games>SSE>SKSE>SKSE64 log and am hoping someone can decipher what it says about Papyrus Util and possibly lead me to a solution.  Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

PapyrusUtilPossibleError.txt

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.