Open Cities + Ultra Trees Error when generating Dyndolod

Roastlawyer

Question

Hello, I'm getting an error when generating dyndolod for the second time while using open cities while dyndolod is configured for 3d tree lods.

I am using mod organizer 2

I have papyrus utils installed

I am using Dyndolod resources 2.81 and dyndold 2.81

This was the error I got: "Scanning Tamriel *.BTT files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\trees\ to build a list of trees with LOD

[00:00:27.158]   Scanning Tamriel *.BTT files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\trees\ to build a list of trees with LOD
[00:00:27.158]   0000AA1D found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 0200AA1D.  Generate tree LOD for this load order."

This was my process:

Run xLodgen64 for terrain only with an output folder set

run texgen - move and enable the output in MO

Disable Open Cities

run dyndolod configured for 3d tree lod with only generate static lod and create texture atlas selected. I cannot select generate tree lod because I have 3d lods set up.

Move and enable this in MO - Hide the esp and esm

Enable Open Cities

run dyndolod again but only with generate DYNDOLOD and windows selected - it starts and then I get this error

"Scanning Tamriel *.BTT files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\trees\ to build a list of trees with LOD

[00:00:27.158]   Scanning Tamriel *.BTT files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\trees\ to build a list of trees with LOD
[00:00:27.158]   0000AA1D found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 0200AA1D.  Generate tree LOD for this load order."

From what I understand the problem is that because I have dyndolod setup for ultra trees the normal tree lodgen is disabled so dyndolod never makes any .btt files

After this failed I disabled ultra trees and ran dyndolod making an output that had only the tree lod with the dyndolod and static lods unchecked.

I put this above the ultra trees static lod for open cities run - so that the blank .lst file overwrote the 2d tree lod one and ran dyndolod again for open cities (only dynamic lod) and dyndolod worked without error. However the game crashed upon coc'ing riverwood repeatedly until I disabled the dynamic portion of dyndolod in MO

If my description of that last thing I tried was confusing this was the order:

MO mod Order

Xlodgen output

Flat noise texture

Texgen output

Dyndolod tree lod only generation [hid esp] - disabled during static lod generation for ultra trees - open cities disabled

Dyndolod static lod for Open Cities [Hid esp] - Ultra trees setup - blank .lst overwrites the tree lod run - open cities disabled

Dyndolod dynamic lod for Open Cities - Ultra trees setup - open cities enabled

It all generated fine this way but as I said it crashed in game.

I redid the dyndolod components with open cities and without 3d lods set up and it worked.
Ultra trees with dynamic lod works fine without open cities.

I can post my full mod list and load order if its helpful, I can also upload the log file and or dyndolod sse ini if it helps.

Any suggestions?

6 answers to this question

I am not using any  tree mods other then the couple updated trees in SMIM. I disabled all of the generated dyndolod stuff and looked in the meshes-> Terrain -> Tamriel (the only sub-folder) and there wasn't even a trees folder inside. I looked through every BSA and the only ones thad had any BTT files where by Arthmoor

I am still getting the error

This is my modlist -> https://pastebin.com/2mnELfxq

This is the Log -> https://pastebin.com/TcERD2bS

edit:

I extracted and repacked the BSA's of Arthmoor's

Darkwater crosing

Dawnstar

Dragon Bridge

Falkreath

Ivarstead

Karthwasten

Kynesgrove

Oakwood

Shor's Stone

and whistling mine.

I removed the trees subfolder from terrain -> Tamriel from those mods and repacked the bsa's.

I am no longer getting the error.

Edited by Roastlawyer