Cathedral weathers and other weather mods ENB support

wojsku

As it stands at the moment cathedral weathers is not supported by any of the respectable and known ENB presets authors. With all the respect to the authors of the ENB presets mentioned in the STEP SE core guide, the quality is simply not there. The colours, saturation and brightness are very unbalanced, dark areas are too dark and bright too bright etc. The ENB presets from respectable authors like Rudy102 or Firemanaf don't have these issues but they don't have support for Cathedral weathers. Is it possible that another weather mod could be considered to be recommended in the guide? All of the popular weather mods like dolomite, cot, vivid etc. are compatible with almost all ENB presets available. This would allow moders to easily find a high quality ENB preset that is already 'tuned' and is compatible with the weather mod in the guide.

As it stands now, moders will waste time trying all of the ENB presets mentioned in the guide to find a good one but like I said, those presets are not anywhere near the quality and balance of mentioned above authors.

• +1 1

I use Serios ENB atm and it looks very good. But you do have a point.

Though i think we shoudld wait for 3.0 release until we judge. Atm many mods are missing in the guide.

When for example Majestic Mountains will be added the overall look of the game will change and so will the feel of any ENB.

I do a very simple test for the ENB presets. Just check the enchanting table in LOTD safehouse. When preset is bad it's either one big bowl of light or interiors are dark as hell.

I currently use TruthENB because it is not tweaked for any specific weather mod. It still breaks the horizon line but not to the extent as other ENBs. All the colours and brightness are balanced and no tweaking is required if you are happy with the default look of this ENB. Honestly, I would recommend it over any of  the ENBs mentioned in the guide.

As it stands at the moment cathedral weathers is not supported by any of the respectable and known ENB presets authors. With all the respect to the authors of the ENB presets mentioned in the STEP SE core guide, the quality is simply not there. The colours, saturation and brightness are very unbalanced, dark areas are too dark and bright too bright etc. The ENB presets from respectable authors like Rudy102 or Firemanaf don't have these issues but they don't have support for Cathedral weathers. Is it possible that another weather mod could be considered to be recommended in the guide? All of the popular weather mods like dolomite, cot, vivid etc. are compatible with almost all ENB presets available. This would allow moders to easily find a high quality ENB preset that is already 'tuned' and is compatible with the weather mod in the guide.

As it stands now, moders will waste time trying all of the ENB presets mentioned in the guide to find a good one but like I said, those presets are not anywhere near the quality and balance of mentioned above authors.

Have you tried changing the settings for Cathedral Weathers in the Mod Configuration Menu (MCM)?  I'm using A Cathedralist's ENB (High Quality version), the Reduced Mist Brightness optional file, and ENB Helper SE (required for multiple weathers support).  It appears to look okay in my game after tweaking the CW color settings in the MCM.

Edited by Kattmandu

ENB support is rarely plug-n-play, unless we require the use of one specific ENB preset; any deviation and users would be on their own to fit things out. This is why we don't select the mods for the Guides based on the use of an ENB or not. We don't officially support ENB because it's too subjective to user preference. We're simply provide a small list of updated presets that do support Cathedral Weathers, and might fit some preferences (which is why there is a range of styles linked). Personally, I've been using a preset that is hidden with no reason given. I'll likely return to Cathedralist ENB, with some personal tweaks and customization applied. It's based off of Truth ENB for Cathedral Weathers, so it maintains Cathedral Weather's intended look.

As for why "Cathedral Weathers"? It's because it is about the only weather mod that fits within our mandate. At its most basic, CW is mainly an enhancement (argue correction) to the vanilla weather system. It includes enough customization options to suit most users, as well. Advanced users will have no issue adding in other mods like True Storms to customize their personal setups even more. Users just following the Guide should still find the customization options from the MCM to be sufficient in most cases. It's not without it's issues, though. For example, it does alter the water color during it's fixing of issues. RWT doesn't have an option to compensate for this change yet, but there is one coming.

Also keep in mind the entire Lighting and Weather section is options and has a separate patch for this very reason. Feel free to skip this optional Mod Group and roll your own Lighting and Weather setup. You would have to do your own patching for those mods, though.

• 2 weeks later...

For me Cathedralist ENB makes the interiors too dark. I have to disable the interior lighting changes as suggested by the author on his mod page for people who 'don't like the intended look'. Again, in my opinion, it is completely immersion breaking when you have to get a torch out in your house to look at the books on the bookshelf etc. When you bump up interior brightness to compensate for it than all the light sources are way too bright. Exteriors are fine. Nevertheless, ENB is not even part of the optional section in the guide so no reason to further discuss it.