Chimneys for Skyrim (by Ithlia)

LeetMiniWheat

I just tried this out, and I quite like it. The smoke amount is just right. The chimney's themselves are also taking on the texture that the lower portion of the chimney extruding from the building has as well.

I tested this in Riverwood real quick, and the only issue is that there isn't a chimney or smoke stack for the fire pit in the Inn. So there is smoke apparently escaping through the roof above the fire pit, and it kind of seems to be a big blob of smoke that kind of twirls about itself.

I just tried this out, and I quite like it. The smoke amount is just right. The chimney's themselves are also taking on the texture that the lower portion of the chimney extruding from the building has as well.

I tested this in Riverwood real quick, and the only issue is that there isn't a chimney or smoke stack for the fire pit in the Inn. So there is smoke apparently escaping through the roof above the fire pit, and it kind of seems to be a big blob of smoke that kind of twirls about itself.

did you use the riverwood file too? it requires both. Chimneys for skyrim, and chimneys for skyrim - riverwood

Edit: oops, nevermind just the RW version should work. guess the author forgot to add one at the inn

did you use the riverwood file too? it requires both. Chimneys for skyrim, and chimneys for skyrim - riverwood
No, you don't.

From the mod's description:

"If you have Chimneys for Riverwood and want to add to that use ChimneysForSkyrim. If you don't have Chimneys for Riverwood or prefer to only have one mod for all the chimneys, use ChimneysForSkyrimRW. Remember to remove Chimneys for Riverwood first if you already have that mod and wish to use ChimneysForSkyrimRW."

• 2 weeks later...

got a response from the author on the riverwood inn. he says the inns and other large village houses look like they're supposed to just have a fire pit so the smoke drifts to the ceiling, escaping through the thatch roof so that's why they don't have a chimney. so basically he added external chimneys to all the houses that actually had a chimney inside the house and nothing more.

still adds a lot to the immersion, I wonder if bethesda really forgot to add the chimneys outside

• 3 weeks later...

"If you have Chimneys for Riverwood and want to add to that use ChimneysForSkyrim. If you don't have Chimneys for Riverwood or prefer to only have one mod for all the chimneys, use ChimneysForSkyrimRW. Remember to remove Chimneys for Riverwood first if you already have that mod and wish to use ChimneysForSkyrimRW."

When I read this I thought the mod author was talking about an older version. Wasn't there a 'chimneys for Riverwood' mod a while back? that is now obsolete? and is that the one he's referring to when he say's "Remember to remove Chimneys for Riverwood first?

I'm confused about this one.

When I read this I thought the mod author was talking about an older version. Wasn't there a 'chimneys for Riverwood' mod a while back? that is now obsolete? and is that the one he's referring to when he say's "Remember to remove Chimneys for Riverwood first?

I'm confused about this one.

I believe that's what he's saying.  If I remember correctly he started with a Riverwood ESP and then did the rest (not including Riverwood) in another ESP, so you needed both.  Now there's finally a combined ESP, so you either need to use ChimneysforRiverwood and ChimneysforSkyrim or ChimneysforSkyrimRW by itself.

• 1 year later...