Wiki pages not loading

mtgrogan

Question

I'm logged into the forum with my new account, and the login won't work for the wiki.

I'd like to add some comments to suggest corrections and additions to the Skyrim ini and general ini sections. 

One correction is on the "u" prefix:  This means unsigned integer.

The wiki already says this, unless you aren't talking about this guide: https://stepmodifications.org/wiki/Guide:Skyrim_Configuration_Settings#The_prefixes

At any rate, try using your username instead of your email to login. That has been an issue in the past. Please post back if that fixes it. @z929669 will probably have to look into it. 

On 8/23/2021 at 11:07 PM, z929669 said:

That shouldn't be it. The software should be up to latest standards. If you can log into forums with that pass, you can (in theory) log into wiki using same. The only diff is that wiki expects capital first letter of your forum member name, so if it's 'ruedii' on forums, you must use 'Ruedii' on wiki. Can you post the errors and anything that could help us dig into the issue> Also, please try using a browser you never use so that we can rule out browser caching issues (clearing cache also works, but it is more difficult to accomplish this than one might think)

Thanks, that is probably it.   I'll check.  Thanks for the VERY useful information.  Little quirks like that can help a lot.

The admin staff might want to update everything to make usernames case insensitive, if it won't cause any conflicts with current user names.  If it would create conflicts in current usernames, use search order case correction (i.e. "soft" insensitive, where it will match an exact match first, then match anything if only one is found.)

Nope, still doesn't work.

Here's a screenshot of the error

The error text is:
"Auto-creation of a local account failed: Automatic account creation is not allowed."

p.s. I'm still upvoting the admin's post because of effort working on me on this.  It is VERY appreciated.

Screenshot_20210910_080640.png

Edited by Ruedii

5 hours ago, z929669 said:

It's something to do with the IPBAuth extension not being able to negotiate account creation. No new wiki user accounts created since site upgrade. I will need to look at this on the backend over the weekend to resolve.

Thanks so much, keep up the good work.

I'm a latecomer to playing skyrim.  I just got it a few months back on the Steam Summer Sale.  I'm getting Morrowind next, due to there being an open source engine for it that (with recent updates) drastically improves quality with vanilla assets.

If you didn't notice from the screenshot, I'm a Linux user, so if you have anyone having trouble getting skyrim working under Proton, I know the hacks to get the only issue resolved.  (I actually developed a better hack myself because I didn't like the other hack.)   It seems Skyrim doesn't play nice with the builtin version of FAudio in proton, so you have to set it to use native. 

I really think Valve should switch to using a full native build of libFAudio as there are several such cases of this bug and the solution is always the same.  Additionally, I suspect some DRM, anti-tamper and anti-cheat systems will likely be less likely to complain about native. 

Edited by Ruedii