Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Thank you for your timely response. I'm sorry, I wasn't clear.  I'm only moving them by hand because the Hide Merge didn't work.  I tried to use the tool first, then resorted to the manual method when it didn't give me the option to disable the plugins that way.  I am watching PhoenixSun001's videos and my first attempts were to do it exactly as he did it, but my Merge Hide didn't give me the same option, so I reread the guide and it said it could be done manually.   

I've done it manually myself many times prior to the tool becoming available... doable, but a pain. I'd verify you followed all the instructions relating to the tool... it's not totally intuitive, but it does work. Or has for me and the vast majority of others. That being the case, I can only assume that, somehow, you are not taking some specific action that you need to for it to work. Check the instructions again, and see if you missed something.

Yay! Thanks, kind stranger!

Is it bad that I read this in Cicero's voice?

I've done it manually myself many times prior to the tool becoming available... doable, but a pain. I'd verify you followed all the instructions relating to the tool... it's not totally intuitive, but it does work. Or has for me and the vast majority of others. That being the case, I can only assume that, somehow, you are not taking some specific action that you need to for it to work. Check the instructions again, and see if you missed something.

Is it bad that I read this in Cicero's voice?

Yeah, I went through the guide again with the same result, I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.  However, I'm now finished with the entire guide.  The game, so far, seems to be performing well, so my manual method was sufficient, just a little frustrating that out of the entire guide, that one tool got the besto of me.  I don't like giving up, but I'm ready to play the game, so I'm going to move on.  Thanks though.  

So, I've been modding Skyrim and Skyrim SE for about 6 years now, but never to this level.  I'm just concerned about the frequency of updates that happen here.  If my game is running well and I'm happy with the setup and the way it looks and performs, how important is it that I update weekly?  I'd like to just enjoy playing the game for a while.  

Yeah, I went through the guide again with the same result, I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.  However, I'm now finished with the entire guide.  The game, so far, seems to be performing well, so my manual method was sufficient, just a little frustrating that out of the entire guide, that one tool got the besto of me.  I don't like giving up, but I'm ready to play the game, so I'm going to move on.  Thanks though.  

So, I've been modding Skyrim and Skyrim SE for about 6 years now, but never to this level.  I'm just concerned about the frequency of updates that happen here.  If my game is running well and I'm happy with the setup and the way it looks and performs, how important is it that I update weekly?  I'd like to just enjoy playing the game for a while.  

in order you actually use Merge Plugin hide the the merge needs to be active before you use it otherwise nothing will appear.

@RavenHunter: Regarding the frequent updates, the advice usually given is once you start playing, stop modding. Unless there is something game-breaking that crops up I wouldn't worry about staying on top of all the updates on a regular basis. Personally, I do a big update maybe once every three months or so and get everything up to date, then I start a new game and don't update anymore. The Changelog page is excellent for keeping track of what has changed since you last updated. The frequent updates are actually really great as it means, no matter when you go through the guide, you get the benefit of the very latest mod updates fully integrated into the guide. But in the end, the goal is a playable, enjoyable game - as long as you have that, it's not super important to keep your game up to date. Such is my two septim's worth on the issue.

I know it's been a while since this post, but did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having crashing issues in Dawnstar as well. It's consistent there and pretty much nowhere else.

Sorry I just saw this. For me it was fixed by reverting to a previous version of Racemenu: see https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/aevqcp/random_crashes_around_the_open_world/

Lexy, would there be a problem with using the "copy general assets" setting in zMerge? Now that I have the guide set up and working well on SSE, I'm trying to port the main (non-DLL) portions of it to my Skyrim VR setup. Most of it ports rather easily but, probably due the the "hacky" way of getting zMerge to see my SkyrimVR mods in MO2, the Merge Plugins Hide functionality doesn't seem to be working. I could manually hide all of the merged ESPs but this seems like a pain - could I just copy the assets and disable the original merged mod instead? That's what I used to do before I tried out your guide - was there a reason you don't recommend this?

Silly question - why was Extended UI taken out of the Heads Up Display Merge?

I took out cos i got fed up with the constant moaning from users that MCM Looked "broken" even thou it wasn't and work fine and users could fix easily themselves, but in the end to save my sanity i just pulled out the merge.

I appreciate the updates you've made recently and I've been able to get everything installed, merged, bashed, and smashed according to your excellent guide.  I do have one question though; how important is your SMASH override mod?  Unfortunately, it's still requiring the old Zim's esp (ZIA_Complete Pack_V4) as a master.

Also, in the "Finishing Line" part of the guide, you mention making sure SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm is disabled before running most of the programs.  I can't find that .esm in my load order.

Edited by eriahers

I can't seem to edit my previous post...

Anyway, I realized that I missed the part in the setup about installing SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm as a mod.  So now my question is, once I add it to MO2, at what step should I start repeating actions in this guide?  Obviously I didn't need it for anything on the "Finishing Line" page save the DynDOLOD section that I haven't done yet.

EDIT:  When running SSELODGen, during the Terrain LOD configuration, the instructions say to change the format to BC7 Quick.  However, the only options I see are 888, 565, DTX1, DTX3, and DTX5.

Edited by eriahers

Could someone who has played through the guide confirm that Lucien and Auri interact as expected? I asked the following on Lucien's page and was sent here:

Does Lucien interact with Auri via FormID or by detecting her plugin? I ask because Lexy's LOTD guide suggests merging Auri and her compatibility patches into a single ESP and I just want to verify that it won't break this interaction because I plan to make this a centerpiece of my next playthrough. Thanks!

It uses a ‘GetFormFromFile’ function based on the esp name and the RefID. I don’t know anything about merging myself and can’t provide support for it, but I understand the method Lexy recommends involves modifying the scripts themselves to account for the changes. You’d really have to ask them, though.

If Song of Green and Lucien are merged independently of each other, do the script changes still remain compatible?

Could someone who has played through the guide confirm that Lucien and Auri interact as expected? I asked the following on Lucien's page and was sent here:

If Song of Green and Lucien are merged independently of each other, do the script changes still remain compatible?

yes Relinker deals with modifying the those scripts