Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I have that too, the game starts and loads the ENB shaders, then crashes to desktop.

With the vanilla profile it starts allright.

I'm currently double checking all mod versions.

I suspect it's related to the update. My Skyrim is still at the old version, but maybe one or more mods updated before I installed them.

Yeah my vanilla profile is fine aswell. Exact same boat. I thought I might have screwed up one of the merges but I don't know now.

I've found at least one cause.

I had a too recent version of FileAccess Interface for Skyrim SE Scripts - FISSES: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13956?tab=description installed.

I had 1.3.6, for the new SKSE version.

With that included, the game would CTD before the main menu.

With 1.3.5 installed (from the old files section) I get to the main menu.  :woot:

It may be the same or similar for you.

Now to see how much further I get  :;):

I've found at least one cause.

I had a too recent version of FileAccess Interface for Skyrim SE Scripts - FISSES: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/13956?tab=description installed.

I had 1.3.6, for the new SKSE version.

With that included, the game would CTD before the main menu.

With 1.3.5 installed (from the old files section) I get to the main menu.  :woot:

It may be the same or similar for you.

Now to see how much further I get  :;):

You absolute god. I could not find what was wrong. Thank you.

Keep in mind, gentlemen, that the Guide (as it currently is) is built off the LAST version of Skyrim and SKSE, not the current versions... there are a few mods that still have not been updated, and Lexy is waiting for those before she does the next Guide update. Any mod that is Skyrim/SKSE version dependant will cause CTDs until they have all been updated and matched up.

Hey Lexy, you said the following on January 24:

EVERYONE SERIOUSLY TAKE NOTE ALL MEGRES MUST BE REBUILT IN MERGE IN ORDER FOR RELINKER INSIDE ZMERGE TO WORK NO IF OR BUTS OR SHORTCUTS.

Was that only for the migration to zMerge or is it still valid? I.E. if all of my merges are already made in zMerge and now I want to change something in Miscellaneous Merged, do I need to rebuild all the merges starting from Animals Merged?

I finally got the whole thing to work but I have one small nitpick that may be a problem with a merge or load order. Is the male hairdos in KS hair meant to have such a large gap between hair and scalp/head? It looks like they float above the head a bit
im finding lots of other reports of it but never a solution, guessing its something about character weight or something like that

Edited by Asran22

I have a question as to why you didn't choose to include the full version of ESF Companions in the guide and only the quest number changer.  Just curious. 

the full version has a lot of conflict that require CRing + it is actually very buggy as well. So for my own sanity I chose the requirement only version this time.

Hey Lexy, you said the following on January 24:

Was that only for the migration to zMerge or is it still valid? I.E. if all of my merges are already made in zMerge and now I want to change something in Miscellaneous Merged, do I need to rebuild all the merges starting from Animals Merged?

no if you have already rebuilt all your merges in zMerge you have to redo very one very you need to update one.

I finally got the whole thing to work but I have one small nitpick that may be a problem with a merge or load order. Is the male hairdos in KS hair meant to have such a large gap between hair and scalp/head? It looks like they float above the head a bit

im finding lots of other reports of it but never a solution, guessing its something about character weight or something like that

this I don't know i haven't built a male.

roger. Well I'm cracking open SSEEdit and going to try my hand creating an esp replacer that CR'ed  and doing a couple minor fixes to it along the way.  I'll see if I can get it to work well with the guide.  Then maybe we could get the full version up for everyone.  But I have played with the mod in a long time.  I'll see whats under the hood.