Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey mavanaic,

That also, doesn't work that way.  I tested this previously as well although I didn't write about it because my post was already too long.  I know the second entry in the log says it skips it but, then it says it edits it and, in fact the file save date changes and a binary compare shows differences.

Here's a sample log entry of what I'm talking about;

Loading 'D:\UserName\Desktop\Temp\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\Skyrim.esm\000BBDA0.NIF'...
[iNFO] NIF version doesn't match old Skyrim. Skipping conversion.
[iNFO] Skinned mesh: Cleaning up skin data and calculating bounds.
[sUCCESS] Saved file.

That means that the file was optimized..Also you can find tutorials on how to use the tool..but basically that it's it: click "head parts only" for face meshes unclick for the rest..

Again I come with the Arissa example:

- I run nif optimizer with "head parts only" :

Loading 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Arissa - The Wandering Rogue\meshes\arissa\basepackage\_alpha_arissa_hair_singlebraid_base.nif'...

[sUCCESS] Saved file.

-after this I run it without head parts:

Loading 'D:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\Arissa - The Wandering Rogue\meshes\arissa\basepackage\_alpha_arissa_hair_singlebraid_base.nif'...

[sUCCESS] Saved file.

That means that the file was optimized..Also you can find tutorials on how to use the tool..but basically that it's it: click "head parts only" for face meshes unclick for the rest..

Again I come with the Arissa example:

- I run nif optimizer with "head parts only" :

[sUCCESS] Saved file.

-after this I run it without head parts:

[sUCCESS] Saved file.

OK, I've tried to be delicate but, you're not hearing me.  So, I'm going to be direct;  I'm not asking you how you think the tool works or for tutorials.  I know how to use the tool and you are telling people to use  it incorrectly.  I have posted my test results proving that.

I'm not sure you're reading all my post but, the logs you just posted, once again, prove what I'm saying.

In short, DO NOT run a second pass over your head parts.  It will modify them using the settings for NON HEAD PARTS!

I don't know how I can be more clear. Look at my previous post showing the test results and binary comparison and it will show you what is REALLY happening to the file.

-Xaxilis

PS

If you can't understand it from me, please see that others have come to the same conclusion with their own testing;

did the same test this morning and same result

this also means that it should be better, for the alpha guide installation we have, to reinstall each mod  where such optimization were required and restart it but this time based on subdirectory.

OK, I've tried to be delicate but, you're not hearing me.  So, I'm going to be direct;  I'm not asking you how you think the tool works or for tutorials.  I know how to use the tool and you are telling people to use  it incorrectly.  I have posted my test results proving that.

I'm not sure you're reading all my post but, the logs you just posted, once again, prove what I'm saying.

In short, DO NOT run a second pass over your head parts.  It will modify them using the settings for NON HEAD PARTS!

I don't know how I can be more clear. Look at my previous post showing the test results and binary comparison and it will show you what is REALLY happening to the file.

-Xaxilis

PS

If you can't understand it from me, please see that others have come to the same conclusion with their own testing;

Do it the the way you want to...maybe I'm wrong...I only converted a couple of hundred mods...damn those video tutorials

Has anybody tried to extract the bsa's from Falskaar? Turns out that was the cause of my CTD at Dawnstar. Go figure (but probably Arthmoor is right, yet it's only the first time doing so ever broke my game). To figure this out I had to do a complete reinstall of my build, slowly adding mods, then the CTD started to happen, take mods back in small batches, narrow it down to Falskaar, look for conflicts in xEdit, try different combinations of mods with Falskaar to look for some direct conflict, THEN I remembered to try reinstalling Falskaar without touching its bsa archives. Bingo. Yet, none of the assets from Falskaar was being overwritten or overwriting anything else. Loose files "should" be the same as a bsa in those conditions, but there you go, they're not. Some mods will be ok (I'd say most, so far), but others won't.

Does anybody know if there's still a "soft" limit on the total number of plugins+archives inside the data folder? In Oblivion, apart from the 255 limit for esm+esp, there's a "soft" limit where having more than somewhere over 300 total files (counting esm+esp+bsa) will cause a number of performance issues. If this is true for SSE, then we have a probem, as most mods now pack textures in their own independent bsa, meaning something close to twince the number of bsa's expectable inside data and maybe even exceeding the plugin count.

Has anybody tried to extract the bsa's from Falskaar? Turns out that was the cause of my CTD at Dawnstar. Go figure (but probably Arthmoor is right, yet it's only the first time doing so ever broke my game). To figure this out I had to do a complete reinstall of my build, slowly adding mods, then the CTD started to happen, take mods back in small batches, narrow it down to Falskaar, look for conflicts in xEdit, try different combinations of mods with Falskaar to look for some direct conflict, THEN I remembered to try reinstalling Falskaar without touching its bsa archives. Bingo. Yet, none of the assets from Falskaar was being overwritten or overwriting anything else. Loose files "should" be the same as a bsa in those conditions, but there you go, they're not. Some mods will be ok (I'd say most, so far), but others won't.

Does anybody know if there's still a "soft" limit on the total number of plugins+archives inside the data folder? In Oblivion, apart from the 255 limit for esm+esp, there's a "soft" limit where having more than somewhere over 300 total files (counting esm+esp+bsa) will cause a number of performance issues. If this is true for SSE, then we have a probem, as most mods now pack textures in their own independent bsa, meaning something close to twince the number of bsa's expectable inside data and maybe even exceeding the plugin count.

Hopefully some of the lighter mods will be converted to use the new ESL format. Is the BSA limit not just for when their added to the INI file?

Just wanted to leave a note...when using Relic Hunter ASLAL start and this setup, the outside of Akaviri ruins where you begin is home to multiple wolves and two spriggans which attack before you even get out of the tent where you wake up. Even dropping difficulty to novice I've died multiple times before I could even grab any gear (and many times after that). They've killed my Guild folks a couple times. If I sprint like heck into the outpost, Arginal is sometimes stuck in combat and won't speak to me, so I can't start the mini-quest. 

I'm not sure what mod may be adding them there or if that's an SSE vanilla thing (when I played Relic Hunter start in Oldrim there were no creatures at the site). But just letting you know it's proving to be frustrating to get going from that start.

Thanks for all your work, I was loving Legacy on classic and excited to be going on SSE now!

Just wanted to leave a note...when using Relic Hunter ASLAL start and this setup, the outside of Akaviri ruins where you begin is home to multiple wolves and two spriggans which attack before you even get out of the tent where you wake up. Even dropping difficulty to novice I've died multiple times before I could even grab any gear (and many times after that). They've killed my Guild folks a couple times. If I sprint like heck into the outpost, Arginal is sometimes stuck in combat and won't speak to me, so I can't start the mini-quest. 

I'm not sure what mod may be adding them there or if that's an SSE vanilla thing (when I played Relic Hunter start in Oldrim there were no creatures at the site). But just letting you know it's proving to be frustrating to get going from that start.

Thanks for all your work, I was loving Legacy on classic and excited to be going on SSE now!

If you have "Skyrim Immersive Creatures" installed, it's probably creating all the beasts.  Go through it's MCM menu and you'll see a lot of settings that can adjust the spawning frequency and difficulty level of the beasts .

Edited by Decopauge123

Vanilla SSE is just like vanilla classic, only a few spiders around. It's probably Immersive Creatures indeed, aggravated by Skytest and AAE. Probably not the best idea to have them deactivated at start, so tweaking difficulty down in the MCM while in the Abandoned Prison and back up after that quest is finished could be a good solution. I hate to learn that the archaeology team aren't Protected. They should be. All unique NPC's should be except those that are meant to be assassinated by other NPCs. Guards and respawning farmers and nobles are enough as critter-fodder.

Edited by godescalcus

I hate to learn that the archaeology team aren't Protected. They should be. All unique NPC's should be except those that are meant to be assassinated by other NPCs. Guards and respawning farmers and nobles are enough as critter-fodder.

All the archaeology team members are either protected or essential.

All the archaeology team members are either protected or essential.

Sorry sirjesto, didn't mean to be rude, I was half joking around ;) We actually need some folks to die if we want any chance to enjoy Bring Out The Dead. Otherwise I'll just switch it for some other monty inspired mod! But Tzefira did say above that the Guild folks died a couple of times.

Edit: BTW above mod NEEDS to be in the museum LOL Awfully good recriation of the original. Very lore-friendly.

Edited by godescalcus

Guys can I make a suggestion with your test result maybe try and approach the mod author of SSE Nif Optimizer and put to him and see what he/she says about it all. Also now we have got rid of Massive NPC Facelift Overhaul we shouldn't need to run SSE Nif Optiizer with "Head Parts Only" ticked which renders the whole argument as academic for the guide. 

Hey guys time to talk about Combat mods:

I was think of going Smilodon + Vigor combat a injuries this time or should we just stick with wildcat? I Am also considering Sands of Time Sleeping Encounters Standalone Module, Mortal Enemies, Dodge Mod SE as well.

Vigor - yes please! But why Smilodon? Does it work better with Vigor than Wildcat? For me Wildcat and Vigor work fine together, but maybe I just didn't notice something wrong...

Mortal Enemies - sure, in fact I will just install it right now. SoT Sleeping encounters - IMO, it's kinda optional, maybe it is too much for the core guide, not everybody may like it.

Also even though I like Vigor very much - it may also be too intense for average user. It makes combat really challenging, especially on lower levels.