Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

link213109, on 04 Dec 2018 - 12:15 PM, said:snapback.png

So this is a silly/dumb question but its been bugging me for a bit. If we don't want to use the optional mods (specifically the survival mods) is the suggestion to just not install them and fix any issues that arise from that, or to install them and then disable the unwanted content in the MCM?

Either solution works, but the later one might be easier for reasons of Conflict Resolution. If you remove them completely, you will have to ensure that all patches that go with them are also removed. This might (and here, I'm thinking more likely not, but...) also impact the larger CR patches that Lexys provides as well. If you want to go through all the files to deal with any possible resulting issues, then go on ahead. Otherwise, just turn them off/don't use them. Really, the only three involved are Campfire/Frostfall/iNeed. Campfire doesn't really affect anything, so nothing to shut off, Frostfall won't turn on unless you tell it to, and iNeed can be turned off with one menu selection. Far easier than running through all the files.

So as an example, if I wanted to do the later I would run thru the guide as if I was installing everything. Would that include doing the Keep It Clean merge and by extension not installing the RWT options?

Leave them in the Bashed Patch. That's what it's there for. If you aren't specifically directed to do something, chances are you aren't supposed to.

Sooo.....I figured it out! Stupid mistake....When doing the merged patches I had put all esps in OMEGA AIO as optional to only use MLU.esp.... Moved them from Optional and placed them in plugin load order where they belong. Restarted game and Classic Classes is working fine but am a bit worried maybe I should redo all bashes etc?

you probably just picked the wrong version the frist one an esp flagged as a fomod the second is a normal esp.

I think there were two with the exact same name? I'll redo it.

Yeah, both the options for that say esp

When I went to do the bashed patch, I kept getting that the World Encounters patch has a delinquent master (CACO)

Edited by rayhne

So evidence has more or less answered my question but figured i'd double check with you kind folks. PapyrusUtil has to be installed manually and doesn't function when installed via MO2 yeah? I ask in reference to innroomcosts requiring it but papyrusutil isn't installing properly or some such and thus ctd.

When I went to do the bashed patch, I kept getting that the World Encounters patch has a delinquent master (CACO)

Check CACO is activated.

So evidence has more or less answered my question but figured i'd double check with you kind folks. PapyrusUtil has to be installed manually and doesn't function when installed via MO2 yeah? I ask in reference to innroomcosts requiring it but papyrusutil isn't installing properly or some such and thus ctd.

I have never had an issue with PapyrusUtil and inn rooms cost CTD on me.

Make sure that the World Encounters Merged patch is loaded below all of it's masters, when I updated my World Encounters Merged Patch I had to move it down below CACO as that was now a master of that plugin.

Edited by Artorius

in steam console, paste: download_depot 489830 489833 4140371450004190946

then move the saved skyrim se exe(located in Steam/steamapps/content/app_489830) to your main skyrim folder

for future ref always keep a known stable/functioning backup of the SkyrimSE.exe and  SkyrimSELauncher.exe somewhere safe

also turn steam auto updates to only update when i launch game option (done by right click skyrim in steam select properties then select updates)

in steam console, paste: download_depot 489830 489833 4140371450004190946

then move the saved skyrim se exe(located in Steam/steamapps/content/app_489830) to your main skyrim folder

for future ref always keep a known stable/functioning backup of the SkyrimSE.exe and  SkyrimSELauncher.exe somewhere safe

also turn steam auto updates to only update when i launch game option (done by right click skyrim in steam select properties then select updates)

Thx