Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Okay please ignore my previous message. Made a mistake doing the wrye Bash. All my esps where not selected on the right side of MO2 which means, I believe, I did the Patch wrongly.

STEP 1-Now I selected all of them and ran LOOT. Click sort plugins. Loot reports that the group realistic waters does not exist. So not sure if or why this is important since we did not create the water two group when we where creating the groups in loot during the prerequisite page and since I installed the keep it clean mod I did not have to do the Realistic Water Two Merged from the merge page.

STEP2-I exit loot (metadata list updated) click sort on the right side of MO2. "Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution, OMEGA Followers and NPC, Better Dynamic Snow- NSUTR Patch" are flagged as missing the masters from "Prometheus no snow under the roof" which I'm not sure why since the no snow under the roof merge is selected. I do say I'm using the "Merge Plugins Hide tool that was recommended by PheonixSunstar001.

STEP3-I open Wrye Bash and proceed to right click on Bash Patch and select rebuild patch. A window pops up saying a selection of mods should be deactivated. I deactivate them and click okay. Second pop up is a warning saying that  "Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution, OMEGA Followers and NPC, Better Dynamic Snow- NSUTR Patch" are missing masters, same thing I observed before in MO2 with the little warning signs after I sorted the right side with all the esps.

STEP4- So... I come here and seek advice once again in a humble manner.

A. Should I reactivate the merged plugins from "no snow under the roof merged" and move "Prometheus no snow under the roof" manually in the load order?

B. Should I go ahead with the Bash Patch as is?

C. Does the loot realistic waters issue have anything to do with this?

Any tips would be a blessing.

Okay please ignore my previous message. Made a mistake doing the wrye Bash. All my esps where not selected on the right side of MO2 which means, I believe, I did the Patch wrongly.

STEP 1-Now I selected all of them and ran LOOT. Click sort plugins. Loot reports that the group realistic waters does not exist. So not sure if or why this is important since we did not create the water two group when we where creating the groups in loot during the prerequisite page and since I installed the keep it clean mod I did not have to do the Realistic Water Two Merged from the merge page.

STEP2-I exit loot (metadata list updated) click sort on the right side of MO2. "Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution, OMEGA Followers and NPC, Better Dynamic Snow- NSUTR Patch" are flagged as missing the masters from "Prometheus no snow under the roof" which I'm not sure why since the no snow under the roof merge is selected. I do say I'm using the "Merge Plugins Hide tool that was recommended by PheonixSunstar001.

STEP3-I open Wrye Bash and proceed to right click on Bash Patch and select rebuild patch. A window pops up saying a selection of mods should be deactivated. I deactivate them and click okay. Second pop up is a warning saying that  "Lexy's LoTD SE OMEGA - Conflict Resolution, OMEGA Followers and NPC, Better Dynamic Snow- NSUTR Patch" are missing masters, same thing I observed before in MO2 with the little warning signs after I sorted the right side with all the esps.

STEP4- So... I come here and seek advice once again in a humble manner.

A. Should I reactivate the merged plugins from "no snow under the roof merged" and move "Prometheus no snow under the roof" manually in the load order?

B. Should I go ahead with the Bash Patch as is?

C. Does the loot realistic waters issue have anything to do with this?

Any tips would be a blessing.

Ok with regard to NSUTR Merge I would check you renamed the merge and it is active. now it possible since the merge has the same name as the original esp Merge plugin hide has hidden it I would check in MO2 and unhide it is has.

Realistic water two was recently taken out of LOOT Mod groups so you need to update you LOOT MAsterlist (which it should automatically do). Once done you should be able to rebuild the Bash Patch

Does anyone else have problems with characters' neck stumps disappearing after the decapitation animation is finished? Like, there's a bloody stump into the body ragdolls, and then it disappears. I believe the problem may be related to Ordinator or an interaction between Ordinator and another mod, since the stumps are present on a clean Level 1 character, but disappear after I use the console to add all the perks.

Went to download the updated performance textures, per the updated guide.

performance optimized textures for SSE - v4 - by mlbrad aka rogue

The mod was hidden for quick updates.

So now author is on V5:  "performance textures v5 1024x1024"

Sounds like there were a couple minor tweaks/fixes to v4.

Yeah this person has been putting in work. At first I was annoyed that the mod is being hidden for every update as I'm a few versions behind now, but I quickly realized how much more sense that makes for such an enormous mod as this. Why would I want to waste all that time downloading v4 when v5 will be out soon? I can't imagine the amount of effort needed to optimize all those damn textures, either. Modders really are at the heart of the Skyrim community.

I just wanted to chime in to say THANK YOU for building such a fantastic guide with such a great selection of mods!
I've been testing it for a while and can safely say that it's running GREAT! In fact I've seldom had such a stable Skyrim build in years... and never with this many mods involved.

I'm also a witness to the great support you gave us on reddit/discord... you get extra brownie points for that!

You've gained a fan.

Thank you High King!

Almost done ! been learning a lot but it's my first time using Mator smash. In the guide it says select from update to Bashed Patch, 0.esp. But I Only have from update to dragonborn.

Are we supposed to check some boxes in the previous pop up window before clicking okay?

Instructions:

1. Run Smash inside Mod Organizer 2, Select 'Skyrim SE' and click ok.
  2. In the popup window select ok. SHOULD I CLICK ON SOME OF THE BOXES?
  3. Highlight everything from Update.esm down to Bashed Patch, 0.esp. HERE IS MY ISSUE
  4. Right click and select Add to patch.
  5. In the popup window call both fields Smash Patch.
  6. Highlight everything from Update.esm down to Bashed Patch, 0.esp.
  7. Right click, select Smash Settings, navigate to Smash and click Smash.all except for the following plugins:

The name is Shadriss - High King is just my Forum Title.

It's kind of hard to follow your writing, but I think I get the questions you are asking. So first, no - you shouldn't be re-checking anything in the initial list that Smash shows (here assuming that you've done everything in previous steps correctly). Everything that you need should already be checked, as those are based on the current load order in MO2 in the right pane.

Which means that your second question (in essence, where is Bashed Patch 0.esp) indicates that instructions have not been followed, as after the creation of your Bashed Patch, it should have been activated in your right pane, and it should have been at the bottom of your list. If this isn't the case, then you likely need to go back and ensure that instructions have been followed.

Hello everybody!

First, thanks for this great guide, I love it! So detailed in every aspect!

I carefully followed it, installed everything except the ENB stuff (never liked ENBs).

So far its working great, but there is one thing I can not solve: Images in Books are replaced with some funny rainbow pic! :D

Now this isnt gamebreaking, but maybe somebody has an idea what I did wrong?

Screen-Shot0.png

Went to download the updated performance textures, per the updated guide.

performance optimized textures for SSE - v4 - by mlbrad aka rogue

The mod was hidden for quick updates.

So now author is on V5:  "performance textures v5 1024x1024"

Sounds like there were a couple minor tweaks/fixes to v4.

Something like that. As I understand it (From SirJesto on Discord), the author made some mistakes and turned some graphics files into formats he shouldn't have. The books (many of them at least) use a graphic file for portions of the books, and when they aren't in the proper format, you get that pretty rainbow. I'm still using v1 of that mod until it all gets sorted out (soon, hopefully), but for the moment, that's the issue.

I heard rumour of A rebuild of LoTD and another one called Odyssey of the Dragonborn. I was wondering if there was any info about these on the discord?  cos I couldn't find it. any links or direction would be great

also, i was wondering why the guide doesn't instruct us to 'self-port' certain 'big' mods

thanks

Odyssey is going to be a big mod from the same people who put together LoTD, and last I heard they are hoping for a release sometime next year. No real data other than that (AFAIK). LoTD is getting a major overhaul (which WILL require a new game start), and last I heard from SirJesto, that MAY hit around the end of the year. So consider both rumors as confirmed, but as to when... well, roll the dice.

As to your other question... can you be more specific? I know there are a few mods *I* would consider big (most of the Kryptopter mods) that have been talked about, but it's been decided (in those cases) to wait for Krypt to do the SSE ports, as she is actively working on them. If you want to "self-port" mods, there's certainly nothing stopping you from doing so. Keep in mind that this is a GUIDE... deviations from it aren't going to result in legal actions. Most of the users I've talked to have a slew of mods in thier LO that aren't in the guide. The only caveat to this is that any CR'ing that needs to be done as a result of adding them is completely on you.

Is there a reason you play in Fullscreen instead of borderless windowed mode? Is it just preference?

Yes. Also Yes.

Anyone can lead me on this please?, thank you :)

As with some other posts, I'm not sure what information you're giving, nor what you are actually asking. Could you make your post clearer so that somebody can maybe give you a hand?

Lexy you where 100% right it had hidden "No Snow Under The Roof Merged" plugin [Prometheus no snow under the roof.esp] due to being named the same as the one in "No Snow Under The Roof"

Every thing worked well.

Thank you Shadriss.

Now I'm with Relinker but it isn't writting anything in my Overwrite folder. Thats when I noticed I was using the 44 version. So replaced it with the 40 version but still nothing.

Then I started to feel the dread because when I first installed MO2 it created a mod folder outside of the MO2 folder... So my MO2 folder path is

E:\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE

but my mods folder path is

E:\Modding\MO2-SkyrimSE\mods

Does this mean I screwed up big time? How should I proceed? I guess I could cut and paste the modding folder into Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE, but then I believe all my profiles would be lost and it might screw up some of the things I did in the previous steps.

The thing is MO2 when being set up automatically put the mods folder outside it's own folder. So I assumed that was the way to go.

The name is Shadriss - High King is just my Forum Title.

It's kind of hard to follow your writing, but I think I get the questions you are asking. So first, no - you shouldn't be re-checking anything in the initial list that Smash shows (here assuming that you've done everything in previous steps correctly). Everything that you need should already be checked, as those are based on the current load order in MO2 in the right pane.

Which means that your second question (in essence, where is Bashed Patch 0.esp) indicates that instructions have not been followed, as after the creation of your Bashed Patch, it should have been activated in your right pane, and it should have been at the bottom of your list. If this isn't the case, then you likely need to go back and ensure that instructions have been followed.

Something like that. As I understand it (From SirJesto on Discord), the author made some mistakes and turned some graphics files into formats he shouldn't have. The books (many of them at least) use a graphic file for portions of the books, and when they aren't in the proper format, you get that pretty rainbow. I'm still using v1 of that mod until it all gets sorted out (soon, hopefully), but for the moment, that's the issue.

Odyssey is going to be a big mod from the same people who put together LoTD, and last I heard they are hoping for a release sometime next year. No real data other than that (AFAIK). LoTD is getting a major overhaul (which WILL require a new game start), and last I heard from SirJesto, that MAY hit around the end of the year. So consider both rumors as confirmed, but as to when... well, roll the dice.

As to your other question... can you be more specific? I know there are a few mods *I* would consider big (most of the Kryptopter mods) that have been talked about, but it's been decided (in those cases) to wait for Krypt to do the SSE ports, as she is actively working on them. If you want to "self-port" mods, there's certainly nothing stopping you from doing so. Keep in mind that this is a GUIDE... deviations from it aren't going to result in legal actions. Most of the users I've talked to have a slew of mods in thier LO that aren't in the guide. The only caveat to this is that any CR'ing that needs to be done as a result of adding them is completely on you.

Yes. Also Yes.

As with some other posts, I'm not sure what information you're giving, nor what you are actually asking. Could you make your post clearer so that somebody can maybe give you a hand?

Shadriss you are an absolute star. thanks for the info. come january i shall be returning to skyrim! huzzar!

So not sure what's up with relinker, the paths are right and it doesn't report any errors it just says:

I need to know Mod Organizer's root folder [E:\Mod Organizer 2 - Lexys LOTD SE]
--->
I need to know Mod Organizer's Mods folder [E:\Modding\MO2-SkyrimSE\mods]
--->

Alright, let's get started.

First, search the Mods folder for merged plugins.
  File "<string>", line 222, in <module>
  File "configparser.py", line 778, in get
  File "configparser.py", line 1138, in _unify_values

<class 'configparser.NoSectionError'>: No section: 'General'
Press Enter to exit...

But then the overwrite folder is empty.

I'll keep searching on google for similar cases