Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

1. it shouldn't tax you system too much the biggest will be DynDOLOD, xLODGEN and the ENB.

2. yes i will likely be swapping back to Verdant next update it can used as direct replacement for Veydosebrom. If you really want Veydosebrom download the LE verison run the esp through the CK and nif optimize the meshes.

Thank you DarkladyLexy!, will stick with Verdant but also will let the Veydosebrom LE correctly ported rest in my list, so will give a try later in game.

BTW, Performance optimized textures for SSE... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21166?tab=posts, has now being modified to just one set, instead of two sets, one High Res and the other Low Res, now is just one set, that in the words of the modder: "both high & medium resolution packs were replaced, there are now only two parts to the files now". They have no correlation with the previous ones in size, so i guess is a new approach, luckily or not, I got the previous on my list, :)

... and Noble Skyrim Mod HD-2K, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/21423?tab=description, the author (Shutt3r) has ported it to SSE, so no longer is needed the workwrounds for the LE edition. Just my two cents and my regards to DarthMathias

yes, I know they are on my to do list or the next update which should hopefully happen tomorrow.

Hey folks,

im following this guide for the first time, and it works like a blast, except of one thing:

i cant uncheck the .esl flags from mods in sseedit because i cant see the checkbox, the only options are "ignored"and "esm". in mo2 i can see that the mods are esls, and the guide tells me so too, but i cant chane anything

pls help :D 

Registered just to toss out a thanks to Lexy and everyone who's involved in making/curating this list - I'm having a blast playing through again, and learned a good deal about the underlying details of the process getting everything together. :)

Hey folks,

im following this guide for the first time, and it works like a blast, except of one thing:

i cant uncheck the .esl flags from mods in sseedit because i cant see the checkbox, the only options are "ignored"and "esm". in mo2 i can see that the mods are esls, and the guide tells me so too, but i cant chane anything

pls help :D 

This is one of those things where right clicking in the wrong place can give the wrong list. PhoenixSunstar001 has a youtube video walkthrough of the whole thing, and the link I posted there has an exact timestamp for where he takes care of this the first time. Make sure you're doing the same series of steps.

I noticed in the guide you said it takes you approximately 2 hours for xlodgen to do it's thing. Mine only took about 20 minutes. Is that normal or did I do something wrong? Everything seems to work fine in game.

The amount of time will vary depending on a number of things - CPU you've got installed, whether you're on an SSD or an HDD, how many different optional mods you've got installed, etc. The one sanity check I'd make sure of is that you have SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm checked while running it.

I noticed in the guide you said it takes you approximately 2 hours for xlodgen to do it's thing. Mine only took about 20 minutes. Is that normal or did I do something wrong? Everything seems to work fine in game.

A good CPU will make it shorter... but not that short. UNLESS you ran it with a set of already generated files still in the output folder, in which case it will only re-create files that it needs to. If this was your first LOD run, then yes, something was likely wrong. If it's not, then you likely still had your previous LOD run's files in the output folder, and so shortened the time. 

TO be clear, that particular bit of advice was when I was not running MO2 in portable mode - that was in instance. Even so (as we talked about today in Discord) this should be working. A complete reinstall, as suggested, may be the next thing to try.

Define “complete reinstallâ€. Are you saying start back over at the very beginning of the guide with Prerequsites and reinstall every utility and mod from scratch?

No, a complete reinstall of Relinker. It appears to be the only one with issues, so it's very unlikely to be anything else, so no need to do that. I recommend reinstalling Relinker only to make absolutely certain that you are using the v40 and not v44... I think we covered every other possibility on Discord the other day. 

That's happened a couple of times recently - usually while the author is uploading a new version with fixes. Give it a few hours and see what happens... unless there is a author's note saying something else is going on?

EDIT:

As expected. The reason given by the author is: doing a complete redo of the textures, different settings are being used to get a more desireable outcome

Edited by Shadriss

Thank you for the guide.  I have been modding for about 5 years and finished the regular Skyrim version.  So thought I would try to move on to this guide, as it is current and maintained.  Thank you again!

My question is about deleting dummy ESPs.

Faster Mining Plus - Special Installation Instructions: Delete the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• fastermining6-3.esp (dummy esp)

I deleted the dummy esp.  Esp is no longer listed in my load order.

But now, under the Archives tab of MO2, Faster Mining BSA is not checked. 

When I hover over the fastermining6-3.bsa, I get the message:  "Archives not checked here are not managed by MO and ignored in the load order."

So far, I have removed 3 dummy esp's, Dragon Stalking, & Horns are Forever - all 3 have the same problem.

When I reinstall the "dummy esp's", the archives are activated.

So not sure if my MO2 is set up incorrectly, or what.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.

Thank you for the guide.  I have been modding for about 5 years and finished the regular Skyrim version.  So thought I would try to move on to this guide, as it is current and maintained.  Thank you again!

My question is about deleting dummy ESPs.

Faster Mining Plus - Special Installation Instructions: Delete the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• fastermining6-3.esp (dummy esp)

I deleted the dummy esp.  Esp is no longer listed in my load order.

But now, under the Archives tab of MO2, Faster Mining BSA is not checked. 

When I hover over the fastermining6-3.bsa, I get the message:  "Archives not checked here are not managed by MO and ignored in the load order."

So far, I have removed 3 dummy esp's, Dragon Stalking, & Horns are Forever - all 3 have the same problem.

When I reinstall the "dummy esp's", the archives are activated.

So not sure if my MO2 is set up incorrectly, or what.  Any assistance is appreciated.  Thank you.

It sounds like you didn't extract the BSA's.

Summermyst is hidden at the moment,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6285

The reason given by the author is: Multiple unspecified reports of CTD. Mod taken down pending investigation.

I'm just about to work my way through the merge page section, and can see that there's three patches related to Summermyst in these merge patches. Will there be any issues with Summermyst not being present in my plugins list, or do I not have to worry too much about that for the moment?