Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

• Problem: kye_srceo_patch.esp has a missing tint layer preventing it being merged by Merge Plugins Standalone.

Solution: Load only kye_srceo_patch.esp and remove Tint Layer 51 from records xx0519A8 and xx0DF734 (xx is the formid of Skyrim Revamped - Complete Enemy Overhaul.esp)

There's no "delete" or "remove". I edited the tint layer to nothing and it removed the entry completely, but it's still throwing the error when trying to merge. Any ideas?

Edited by tyrindor

• Problem: kye_srceo_patch.esp has a missing tint layer preventing it being merged by Merge Plugins Standalone.
  • Solution: Load only kye_srceo_patch.esp and remove Tint Layer 51 from records xx0519A8 and xx0DF734 (xx is the formid of Skyrim Revamped - Complete Enemy Overhaul.esp)

There's no "delete" or "remove". I edited the tint layer to nothing and it removed the entry completely, but it's still throwing the error when trying to merge. Any ideas?

It just so happens I just a few minutes ago did this. You need to delete the layer that contains that missing value. Select the 'Layer' row right above the 'TINI - Tint Index' row that has '51 <Tint layer index not found ...>' as a value and delete that. 

Yours was a perfect post for me to quote. This the first time I've run across an instruction from Lexy that's not obvious to the casual observer, and wanted to suggest a change. I've done a lot of these guides, from Oblivion through New Vegas to Skyrim, and this is the second one I've done for Special Edition. The fact that I've gotten this far with only one obscure instruction is just f*n amazing. Thanks Lexy.

Edited by nickrud

It just so happens I just a few minutes ago did this. You need to delete the layer that contains that missing value. Select the 'Layer' row right above the 'TINI - Tint Index' row that has '51 <Tint layer index not found ...>' as a value and delete that. 

Yours was a perfect post for me to quote. This the first time I've run across an instruction from Lexy that's not obvious to the casual observer, and wanted to suggest a change. I've done a lot of these guides, from Oblivion through New Vegas to Skyrim, and this is the second one I've done for Special Edition. The fact that I've gotten this far with only one obscure instruction is just f*n amazing. Thanks Lexy.

Did that the error still is there when merging.

I've spent so much time on this and I still can't figure out merging apparently. 3 or 4 of the merges have errors (The weather one had 4 different errored esms), and I followed the guide exactly.... I just set it to "ignore errors" and moved on... I am very confused when it comes to Wyre Bash/Mator Smash at the end, the instructions don't work for me. I'm also very unsure what plugins to disable after merging... feel like I am stupid or missing something obvious.

Very close to giving up. I mean I have everything setup, merged the plugins down to <250, and the game launches. However, there's errors that pop up during setup that aren't mentioned in the guide that make me feel something major is wrong. :(

Edited by tyrindor

Did that the error still is there when merging.

I've spent so much time on this and I still can't figure out merging apparently. 3 or 4 of the merges have errors (The weather one had 4 different errored esms), and I followed the guide exactly.... I just set it to "ignore errors" and moved on... I am very confused when it comes to Wyre Bash/Mator Smash at the end, the instructions don't work for me. I'm also very unsure what plugins to disable after merging... feel like I am stupid or missing something obvious.

Very close to giving up. I mean I have everything setup, merged the plugins down to <250, and the game launches. However, there's errors that pop up during setup that aren't mentioned in the guide that make me feel something major is wrong. 

I am not really ready to really run merges, but I gave this one a shot.

I got a lot of errors from things like the USSEP, BSHeartland.esm, 3DNPC.esp, and other masters for this merge. Those errors don't matter because those esms and esps are not going to be added to the merge. You only need to worry about errors in the esps that are going to be added to the merge.

I didn't get an error thrown from kye_sreco_patch.esp. If you have a green checkmark next to that mod in merge plugins after checking for errors, which I do, then you did edit it correctly, and your merge will be good.

What do you mean by "However, there's errors that pop up during setup that aren't mentioned in the guide"

A final edit: I'm on Pacific coast time, and heading for bed soon. I'll check for a reply in about a half hour, otherwise see you in the morning ;)

Edited by nickrud

If you already have played a lot like me or you say so (me I'm now level 37) and don't want to start a fresh new game with the new built... and want to continue your journey where you left it...

This is how I've done continue using my old save game with the new built (OMEGA) for those interested. It worked for me!

1. Load your savegame and wait that the new MCM menus register (I think there is 2 pass of menus registration so just wait like 5  minutes or until you are sure nothing else come up in the top left corner...)
  2. Save your game and exit
  3. Clean your last save game (only the unattached instances) with "FallrimTools" (that you can find on nexus here : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031  and save with a new name.
  4. Load your cleaned save game
  5. Go to console and type :

setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1  

(this will bring back missing/dead MCM Menus... (in my case there was only ETAC missing)

6. Complete the MCM menu configuration as in the guide (only slight changes on old menus and the new ones to be done)
  7. Continue your journey in Skyrim!
  • +1 1

Please don't take this comment as me trying to be rude.  That is not my intention at all. But... Please consider the following:

First, I don't think it is fair to ask Lexy to troubleshoot your setup.  Without knowing what kind of system (Computer) you are using and the specifications of it there is no way for her to know.

Is your system as good or better than hers? This information is listed in the first section of the guide. There is some important information up there that some people miss. The most important being this warning.

Notice: Please note this guide is currently considered a Beta version best suited for Testers and Experienced Modders

• Processor: i5 4670K @ 4.2 GHz
  • Motherboard: Asus z97-K
  • Ram: Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB (4x8GB) @2133MHz
  • GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti 6GB
  • Games: Samsung 850 EVO 256GB (Steam)
  • Games: Kingston Hyperx Fury 128GB SSD (GOG and Origins)
  • Games Backup: WD Blue 2TB

Notice the 32 gigs of ram and the 6 gigs of video ram? 

While this guide can be scaled down in terms of Texture detail by using 1k or 2k textures instead of 4k and picking lower end options in many of the settings, the number of mods and type of mods in the guide REQUIRE a pretty good system to run. I apologise if I am off base here, but it sounds like you may need more system memory or you may have made an error while following the guide.  I have completed this guide 3 times now and can tell you that with my system there are times when I can tell I am pushing it's limits.

Okay, you're right. Sorry for that! And thanks for your answer :) !

I can tell, that my system is better than Lexy's. I have 11GB Video Ram, 5 Ghz CPU and also 32GB of RAM.

After trying something around, I found out that I only have that Infinite Loading Screen issue when Lexy's LOTD SE OMEGA - SMASH Override.esp and / or zPatch.esp are activated...

Okay, you're right. Sorry for that! And thanks for your answer :) !

I can tell, that my system is better than Lexy's. I have 11GB Video Ram, 5 Ghz CPU and also 32GB of RAM.

After trying something around, I found out that I only have that Infinite Loading Screen issue when Lexy's LOTD SE OMEGA - SMASH Override.esp and / or zPatch.esp are activated...

mmm, I can't think of any reason for the Smash override to be causing an ILS. One thing you try is the esp is flagged as an ESL try unflagging it.

Thank you for the update! I was using the 2018 09 28 build and just starting it.  While rechecking the little I've done so far I ran into a question on the groups editor.

Completely off topic aside: Madbomber, I cannot HELP but notice your avatar, and based on it, have only one question for you...

Report your rate and previous submarine commands, shipmate. STS1/SS (Ret), USS MICHIGAN (SSBN 727 Blue), USS MONTPELIER (SSN 765), USS ALASKA (SSBN 732 Gold), USS ALABAMA (SSBN 731 Gold), and USS TENNESSEE (SSBN 734 Gold).

Edited by Shadriss

I have added a pic that shows how to remove the Error in KYE SRECO I add a GIF that shows how to uncheck ESL Flags hope that will stop this issue. I simple xedit work nothing overly complicated but hey ho.

I finally made it to discord this morning. Wish I had earlier because the FAQ covers that deletion, could have pointed at it. Should have known it was covered.

I have added a pic that shows how to remove the Error in KYE SRECO I add a GIF that shows how to uncheck ESL Flags hope that will stop this issue. I simple xedit work nothing overly complicated but hey ho.

Thanks for that.

I'm starting over again, the merging/bash/smash part wasn't playing nicely with my setup and I must have done something wrong somewhere.

One thing I feel would be extremely handy is a complete list of mods to disable after merging, in the same order they are installed, so you can just go down the list unchecking them. I've started adding {XXXXX MERGED} to my mod names, but some of them still have to remain enabled afterwards and it's not always immediately obvious for a noob like me.

Edited by tyrindor