Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Ok Quick report I updated to v1.5.50 Updated SKSE, SSE Engine Fixes, RaceMenu, MoreHud, MoreHud Inventory. FISS. PapyrusUtil and now I am CTDIng on startup so things are still not stable so I Still recommend not updating

Edit: Some of the guys over on discord think it could be related to DynDOLOD so I guess we continue to wait for a bit longer.

Do we need to update skill uncapper too?

Ok Quick report I updated to v1.5.50 Updated SKSE, SSE Engine Fixes, RaceMenu, MoreHud, MoreHud Inventory. FISS. PapyrusUtil and now I am CTDIng on startup so things are still not stable so I Still recommend not updating

Edit: Some of the guys over on discord think it could be related to DynDOLOD so I guess we continue to wait for a bit longer.

Lexy I have the same mods (plus JContainers64 4.1.3 for Violens work I guess) updated and have not CDT. Just a quick checklist?

• SKSE v2.08
  • SSE Engine Fixes v2.10.1.5.50
  • RaceMenu 2.0.6
  • MoreHUD v3.5.3
  • MoreHUB Inventory Edition v1.0.6
  • FISSES v1.3.4
  • Papyrus Util v3.5

After Engine Fixes the Intro Music has muted :(, besides it runs as normal...

hey, guys just a heads up SirJesto has confirmed SSE Engine fixes is bugged game sounds are gone as well as glitched camera movement in 3rd person. So I am staying away from, updating for a little while yet.

Hi, are there any major updates incoming this month? Or just updates for SKSE?

Hey Darth great to hear the master is still around...hope all is well..try not be a stranger, or has this last stint in the dog house lasted so long, before the girl council voted on your release...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twivg7GkYts

yes, I went before the review board and the let me out on good behaviour. Actually been super busy Work has been manic the last few months.

So, can we talk about VRAM usage?

I have followed the guide to a T, adding a few little extras at the end that would have no significant on performance (Maids II, some UI mods, Play Voicesets, things like that) and my GTX 970 is maxed-out on VRAM when outside, causing drops to 40fps

I disabled DynDOLOD and Verdant, since I saw reports of those being a hog, and it had absolutely no bearing on performance - still 40-55fps outdoors, and still 3.99GB VRAM usage.

Anybody have any tips? Do I just need to go through and find lower-quality texture versions of some of the landscape mods (paying special attention to ones with the HQ tag)?

Maybe we can work something out to put onto the guide, like a new tag/tip for mods where x variant or optional mod is recommended for lower VRAM. I might go through and see if this is even possible - it could very well be likely that a 4GB card simply cannot keep up with this.

40fps isn't HORRIBLE by any means, though I will investigate this as 60fps with a minor fidelity loss would be ideal for many.

So, can we talk about VRAM usage?

I have followed the guide to a T, adding a few little extras at the end that would have no significant on performance (Maids II, some UI mods, Play Voicesets, things like that) and my GTX 970 is maxed-out on VRAM when outside, causing drops to 40fps

I disabled DynDOLOD and Verdant, since I saw reports of those being a hog, and it had absolutely no bearing on performance - still 40-55fps outdoors, and still 3.99GB VRAM usage.

Anybody have any tips? Do I just need to go through and find lower-quality texture versions of some of the landscape mods (paying special attention to ones with the HQ tag)?

Maybe we can work something out to put onto the guide, like a new tag/tip for mods where x variant or optional mod is recommended for lower VRAM. I might go through and see if this is even possible - it could very well be likely that a 4GB card simply cannot keep up with this.

40fps isn't HORRIBLE by any means, though I will investigate this as 60fps with a minor fidelity loss would be ideal for many.

Well, you could use lower xLODGEN settings the should reduce VRAM I have been meaning to add a 4GB option to that. I could come up with a new tag for lower texture options. Verdant you use the 1K texture or if you feel up to if you can convert Veydosebrom and that isn't as heavy.

Well, you could use lower xLODGEN settings the should reduce VRAM I have been meaning to add a 4GB option to that. I could come up with a new tag for lower texture options. Verdant you use the 1K texture or if you feel up to if you can convert Veydosebrom and that isn't as heavy.

That edit timeout is a little frustrating!

Update: I turned off a bunch of features on the Phoenix ENB and now I get constant 60fps, so it's that. Yeah my VRAM is still 3.9GB, but I just suppose that means my graphics card is being used properly (after all, as they say - "Free RAM is wasted RAM").

There may be cases where I will get minor FPS drop when moving around but ENB settings was definitely the main culprit for sub-60 fps in my case. As I said, I completely turned off Verdant and DynDOLOD (isn't xLODGEN only used as a prerequisite for building DynDOLOD?) and it had no bearing on VRAM usage. I think max VRAM use is just a red herring for low FPS really (or badly optimized rendering engines) except in extreme cases like a previous poster had with using 4k textures on everything (if downgrading actually helped his FPS? I don't recall reading confirmation on that).

Anyway, so don't worry too much about it - just the usual "ENB's are heavy" stuff. I will look into finding a good balance of performance and quality for my setup.

Edited by CosmicDan