Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Luxor released a 2K version of High Hroghtar today . I downloaded the 4K version yesterday. As  I like consistency, for those kind of textures is it planned the guide going 4K or 2K or a mix of them that depends more on the design?  Is Markath 4K btw at 1.3 GB?

I don't know probably stick with 4K on that one but you could downgrade if needed.

Hi, I just finished walking through the guide and I'm having a consistent CTD when i try to start a new game (my only option). As far as I can tell, I followed the guide to the letter... 

The main menu loads up, the logo spins smoothly, and the font is loaded properly. When I click new game, the screen has 'level 1' up in the corner, the logo disappears, and nothing else appears. Just the smoke/fog. It loads for about 20-30 seconds and then crashes.

Is there anyway to better determine what the cause is? Whether it's mods or hardware? I thought looking at the papyrus logs would help, but apparently that's not really useful at all.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi, I just finished walking through the guide and I'm having a consistent CTD when i try to start a new game (my only option). As far as I can tell, I followed the guide to the letter... 

The main menu loads up, the logo spins smoothly, and the font is loaded properly. When I click new game, the screen has 'level 1' up in the corner, the logo disappears, and nothing else appears. Just the smoke/fog. It loads for about 20-30 seconds and then crashes.

Is there anyway to better determine what the cause is? Whether it's mods or hardware? I thought looking at the papyrus logs would help, but apparently that's not really useful at all.

Any help is appreciated!

Since we are in a build flux, of sorts, the obvious one is to make sure you haven't erroneously update any of the skse mods to their 1.5.50/skse2.0.8 versions. Beyond that, the one time I had that happen, it was because I was using Relinker version 44 and not the older 40 version that we need to use. 

Edited by mycenia

I rolled back my skyrim.exe to 1.5.39, redownloaded and installed skse 2.0.7 (including scripts), and replaced the current versions of RaceMenu, moreHUD, FISSES, Havok Fix, Papyrus Utility, and CBP Physics with their previous versions. And i deactivated Dyndolod, TexGen, and xLodGen because dyndolod was producing an error message about not using the correct version of papyrus util (needs 3.3 or higher even though I have 3.4 installed). But still nothing. Same result, loads for 20-30 seconds and then crashes.

If Lexy's guide is crashing on you at start, then you've done something wrong.  This load out works and is smooth and stable.  Go back and redo "Everything".  Took me three times to get Darth's Guide on LE right a few years ago.  It's too easy to miss or forget to do something.

Edited by Kneph13
  • +1 1

I rolled back my skyrim.exe to 1.5.39, redownloaded and installed skse 2.0.7 (including scripts), and replaced the current versions of RaceMenu, moreHUD, FISSES, Havok Fix, Papyrus Utility, and CBP Physics with their previous versions. And i deactivated Dyndolod, TexGen, and xLodGen because dyndolod was producing an error message about not using the correct version of papyrus util (needs 3.3 or higher even though I have 3.4 installed). But still nothing. Same result, loads for 20-30 seconds and then crashes.

I know what Kneph13 said is hard to hear but it is true. Just go back and double check everything again. I am on my third go around myself and I swear I find something I missed every time I go over it again.  The guide is huge, so things are easily missed. Make sure you follow it exactly because many steps depend on you doing something a certain way in a previous step. If you made any substitutions or omissions you should probably ask here first because of the many dependencies in merges and patches etc... Also make sure you check the change log often especially if you are still installing the mods. Check out the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLVYcme1N7sX_Wobgd_QA6ares-UBfwiW  They really helped me to catch some of my mistakes.

I have a question about INIs and MO2, when I change my ini settings in the documents folder, I also copy-paste all the changes everytime into MO2's INI editor for my profile because the INI is the vanilla Skyrim one by default, and editing it is a pain because you can't search etc.

I didn't find any info about this in the guide, do I need to edit both sets of INI-files everytime I change something, or just one or the other, and is there a simpler way of doing it?

Any help is appreciated!

if you are crashing at the start the immediate thought would jump tp Relinker make sure you are using v40.

I have a question about INIs and MO2, when I change my ini settings in the documents folder, I also copy-paste all the changes everytime into MO2's INI editor for my profile because the INI is the vanilla Skyrim one by default, and editing it is a pain because you can't search etc.

I didn't find any info about this in the guide, do I need to edit both sets of INI-files everytime I change something, or just one or the other, and is there a simpler way of doing it?

you don't need to change your INI in the documents folder once MO2 is installed is created a new set of INI files for the profile you only need the change them through MO2 INI Editor.

Ok Quick report I updated to v1.5.50 Updated SKSE, SSE Engine Fixes, RaceMenu, MoreHud, MoreHud Inventory. FISS. PapyrusUtil and now I am CTDIng on startup so things are still not stable so I Still recommend not updating

Edit: Some of the guys over on discord think it could be related to DynDOLOD so I guess we continue to wait for a bit longer.