Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Quick Question everyone - I would like to tweak and play around a little bit with some mods in this list. I currently have a perfectly working Mod Organizer 2 Profile for this list. Can I just copy that and use the copy as a base without influencing my Dragonborn Profile or do I need to make a new profile or do something else completely?

Basically I want to test some alternate Landscape/weather/Vegetation mods without messing up the very stable and nice setup that I have now thanks to Lexy and the Crew.

Tips are appreciated :)

You can do this - sort of.

Go ahead and copy the stable profile to a new one. That is the first step. The trick to anything after this is to realize that both profile will use the EXACT SAME SET OF FILES. What this means is that if, for your new profile, you alter the files in a particular mod, those changes will happen to the stable setup as well. You will need to create a second copy of any mod you intend to alter and make your changes there instead. Example:

Lets say you decide to make a new merge for YOT. If you make that merge and save it to the same mod as used in the stable profile, it will change the files in the stable profile as well. If, instead, you save it into a new mod (YOT - Test Setup, for example), activate that and deactivate the original mod, then the stable build is safe and you can test the new material. 

I hope that was clear - it's too early in the morning to think entirely straight. :)

So I was wondering, is anyone using a port of Dual Sheath Redux with their setup? How to port and get it working is not an issue, I can do that no problem, just curious what your experiences with it are. Any downsides to doing it?

Bah.  I tried going on a troubleshooting safari following the more in-depth DynDOLOD instructions for ferreting out CTDs, but it proved too labyrinthine to pin down.  I suspect somewhere along the way it's an issue of having a bsa that isn't actually loading post-merge somewhere, leading to missing nifs in a matryoshka layering of issues, but I've already spent hours trying to resolve it to no end.  Disabling DynDOLOD entirely completely stops the CTDs I was reproducing, so I guess I'm just going to have to live without it.

So I was wondering, is anyone using a port of Dual Sheath Redux with their setup? How to port and get it working is not an issue, I can do that no problem, just curious what your experiences with it are. Any downsides to doing it?

It's funny you should ask, I was just looking through the same thing.  It seems like Ecotone might be good, but idkVisible gear and Auto unequip shields both have quite a few negative comments.

Bah.  I tried going on a troubleshooting safari following the more in-depth DynDOLOD instructions for ferreting out CTDs, but it proved too labyrinthine to pin down.  I suspect somewhere along the way it's an issue of having a bsa that isn't actually loading post-merge somewhere, leading to missing nifs in a matryoshka layering of issues, but I've already spent hours trying to resolve it to no end.  Disabling DynDOLOD entirely completely stops the CTDs I was reproducing, so I guess I'm just going to have to live without it.

I had a similar problem with Dyndolod triggering CTDs... however the problem has nothing to do with Dyndolod but a problem higher up in the load order, and your build is not stable. Start rolling back plugins on the right hand plane, and then the left hand plane. Use player.setav speedmult 1500, tgm, tcl.. to fly around the map to test it. In my case I found several problems which contributed to instability.. Merge Plugins wasn't setup correctly, wasn't getting the assets. I also had a corrupted install of NSUTR, missing meshes, forgot to extract a couple BSAs.. I also had a problem where bash patch was merging plugins that were better left not merged... try disabling bash merging as well.

Edited by ChiefZigZag

I had a similar problem with Dyndolod triggering CTDs... however the problem has nothing to do with Dyndolod but a problem higher up in the load order, and your build is not stable. Start rolling back plugins on the right hand plane, and then the left hand plane. Use player.setav speedmult 1500, tgm, tcl.. to fly around the map to test it. In my case I found several problems which contributed to instability.. Merge Plugins wasn't setup correctly, wasn't getting the assets. I also had a corrupted install of NSTR, missing meshes, forgot to extract a couple BSAs.. I also had a problem where bash patch was merging plugins that were better left not merged... try disabling bash merging as well.

Hmm, it was by disabling half my plugins on the right pane and slowly re-adding them that I narrowed it to crashing with DynDOLOD in the first place, but that was by loading a save and running to a cell border that I determined would consistently crash.  I haven't tried swooping around--but you're saying to disable a bunch but keep DynDOLOD enabled instead? 

I am 100% sure that I've got some screwy asset issues from Merge Plugins not consolidating them along, but had tried to make sure I kept the source mods enabled till (so e.g. I would just move the esp file into optional but keep the mod enabled.)  I take it that doing this without extracting the bsa files leaves things not loading properly due to no longer having the named esp file with them, even though those files are merged into something else?

... in a matryoshka layering of issues...

The word you want is Matrushka... and I wonder how many people even know what the proper name for the Russian nesting doll is.

The sweet day is finally here!!!!

Armor and Clothing Extension

Weapon Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease CCOR is not far behind!

Lol...Lexy picked the wrong week to take a holiday.  ::):   Kryptopyr is releasing updated mods!

Armor and Clothing Extension

Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Damn ninjas   ::P:

Woooo!  Some of kryptopyr's work is here!

Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes

Armor & Clothing Extension

Edit: LOL, talk about shared enthusiasm.

This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've seen happen in a long time - a TRIPLE Ninja post! :) That said, since we can already suppose this will most certainly be in the guide, what would be replaced/overwritten/etc? IE, where should it go in the load order until Lexy makes the full guide change? 

Edited by Shadriss

don't know but on the bright side, it is an SKSE Plugin so no extra esp or and scripts.

What did surprise me was the fact that HDD or SSD there was very little difference in load time with our setup (at least on my setup)?

Hi,

I'm thinking that the hard disk itself is probably smart enough to not read the same file over and over.  It would cache the file and read from there  -- and the cache reading speed of HDD vs SSD is going to be the same.  The main difference in speed I think would be whether the disk driver itself does additional caching and brings the cached file into RAM, instead of disk cache memory.

Regards,

dan.

typical we go away and kryptopyr drops some of her mods, unfortunately, there is nothing I can do until I am back home you'll just have to be patient (hard I know) Hopefully by the time I get home things might have matured and well have patches and also CCOR. I am Sure the DEV will be working hard on stuff