Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I am getting a weird glitch looking out over the ocean by Dawnstar. Basically, missing LOD textures. If I disable xLODGEN it goes away.

I realized that I never actually downloaded and enabled the SSE-Terrain-Tamriel.esm file as the guide suggested. Is that what this file fixes?

Nevermind, I did some searching and turns out that's exactly what that file fixes *facepalm*.

im CTDing when i get teleported back into the Blue palace after completing the Mind of madness Sheogorath quest. i cant leave.

EDIT: Workaround: reloaded older save, i dumped my entire inventory in a barrel below the stairs of the pelagius wing and that seemed to fix it. or at least allowed me to complete the quest without CTDing.

doing prerequisites, open up loot for first time and there are no predefined mod groups as in video..... what am I doing wrong?

I had this problem also. Just skip it for now and around the time you get to the first mod that needs to be added to a loot group and they should be there. Then just added the rest of groups as per the loot instructions and you should be good.

Edited by HiredGun

After much testing I believe I found the cause of my CTDs in Riften.  Out of desperation I tried disabling every mod that I could think of that had anything to do with Riften and I continued to crash.  When that failed I decided to try disabling Immersive Citizens for no reason other than I didn't know what to do next and I had had trouble with that mod in previous play throughs.  In order to get the game to load I had to disable numerous other mods/patches etc.  After all that was disabled there were no more crashes.  As further testing I decided to re-enable Immersive Citizens to see if I got the crashes again to confirm that Immersive Citizens was the cause.  I re-enabled that mod plus everything else I had to disable with the exception of Dyndolod.esp;  I forgot to click that one.  When I loaded I still had no crashes.  It turns out that somehow Dyndolod was the cause.  To make that even more confusing I spent a significant amount of time in and around Solitude, Helgen, Whiterun, and Riverwood and never crashed.  I only ever crashed when zoning in and out of buildings in Riften plus one crash in Ivarstead and one crash in Darkwater Crossing.  Gonna re-run the dyndolod patcher to see if that fixes things.  If not I'll just play without it.

Upon further inspection it seems I accidentally skipped this step: 

1. Make sure DynDOLOD Standalone is installed.
  2. Navigate to <DynDOLOD 2.39 Path>\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_worldspace_ignore.txt
  3. Delete the line BSHeartland (Tamriel) - bsheartland.esm.

I don't know if that caused my problem, but it's certainly a possibility.

I've got a few questions about this guide. How much GB are the mods in total? Is it equal to SRLE LOTD (78-80GB)? Can't seem to find it on the guide's page.

I was able to run SRLE LOTD on bootcamp on my macbook pro (specs in link and below), going for the 1k-2k mods instead of the 4k if possible. Will I be able to run this guide on my macbook when doing the same? Would love to play SE fully modded.

2.8GHz quad-core 7th-generation Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
256GB SSD storage
Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB memory

I had this problem also. Just skip it for now and around the time you get to the first mod that needs to be added to a loot group and they should be there. Then just added the rest of groups as per the loot instructions and you should be good.

Launching LOOT one time from *outside* MO2 will fix this.

I've got a few questions about this guide. How much GB are the mods in total? Is it equal to SRLE LOTD (78-80GB)? Can't seem to find it on the guide's page.

My MO2\mods folder is 90.6GB *but* that does include higher quality output from xLODGEN and DynDOLOD than the guide uses.

After much testing I believe I found the cause of my CTDs in Riften.  Out of desperation I tried disabling every mod that I could think of that had anything to do with Riften and I continued to crash.  When that failed I decided to try disabling Immersive Citizens for no reason other than I didn't know what to do next and I had had trouble with that mod in previous play throughs.  In order to get the game to load I had to disable numerous other mods/patches etc.  After all that was disabled there were no more crashes.  As further testing I decided to re-enable Immersive Citizens to see if I got the crashes again to confirm that Immersive Citizens was the cause.  I re-enabled that mod plus everything else I had to disable with the exception of Dyndolod.esp;  I forgot to click that one.  When I loaded I still had no crashes.  It turns out that somehow Dyndolod was the cause.  To make that even more confusing I spent a significant amount of time in and around Solitude, Helgen, Whiterun, and Riverwood and never crashed.  I only ever crashed when zoning in and out of buildings in Riften plus one crash in Ivarstead and one crash in Darkwater Crossing.  Gonna re-run the dyndolod patcher to see if that fixes things.  If not I'll just play without it.

I restarted after updating/changing a few mods, including DynDOLOD, and I get CTDs all the time now. At first I thought it was Immersive Creature's extra spawns because there are some complaints of that on Nexus. It usually happens when exploring, zoning out of buildings into an exterior cell, or loading right after dying. Seems like something in exterior cells is causing random crashes.

I love what xLODGEN/DynDOLOD does, but I am going to remove them and see if it fixes the issue. May just have to ditch DynDOLOD and use xLODGEN for everything. I don't use Ultra Trees anyway.

Edited by tyrindor

You'd have to go through all the NPC changes for female NPC's (ie the Bijin mods, Seranaholic, Ordinary Women, etc) and reinstall all of them with CBBE for consistency. You'll also need to change the install of any armour mods to use CBBE meshes as well. If you don't do that, your armoured/clothed NPC's will look UNP when clothed or armoured and CBBE otherwise. Can be a little off putting. :D The provided patch MIGHT need a little tweaking on that basis.

Short answer is yes, you can do this, but you may have to look at the provided patch and make some changes. If that's going to be a bit difficult for you, let me know, cause I'm currently reinstalling the guide. I can toss CBBE into my test profile and see what needs to be changed. If I can, I might roll up a patch in case people want to use CBBE. Won't be something I can do right away, though.

Failing that, roll your own NPC retext patch. It's essentially a case of choosing which version of overhaul you want to see and making it part of the patch. Conflict Resolution isn't that hard in general if you take your time and check your work.

Hey Nozzer66 -- just curious if you've made any progress on this (my emphasis added). After a few weeks absence, upon returning to this guide I had the thought I might switch everything to CBBE. I think overall it's a better look, and so much now seems going that direction since it's the shiny new(er) thing I guess. Might be quite a lot of changes though...

Just was looking to save myself a bit of time and frustration in case someone may have already done some of this work...Anyone? (though the process would be somewhat educational for me.)

Thanks!