Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Which mod modifies this texture? I've followed this guide but I'm getting pink tree trunks for some trees in the snowy regions, so I might have missed a mod or some textures https://imgur.com/OslPAvX

That is a missing bark texture.  Did you follow the entire Tree and Flora section of the guide correctly?  Something went wrong there.  You can open the console and click on the tree and get its form id (the first two letters will identify the mod in your load order.  Open it up in SSEEdit and see if you can find the missing one and/or redo the Tree and Flora section.

For best results, should we manually reorder the modlist according to the MODWAT.CH or leave it as LOOT organized it?

I ordered mine like Lexy's and then I ran loot on it again just so that it would be specific to my system and additional mods.  Works fine.  YMMV.

I ordered mine like Lexy's and then I ran loot on it again just so that it would be specific to my system and additional mods.  Works fine.  YMMV.

I was thinking about ordering it like Lexy's because I notice while playing, very rarely, some lighting issues, like when looking in certain angles, the lights would go off, but only in a few places so far. I am thinking that maybe its a load order issue.

I was thinking about ordering it like Lexy's because I notice while playing, very rarely, some lighting issues, like when looking in certain angles, the lights would go off, but only in a few places so far. I am thinking that maybe its a load order issue.

That is a well known issue with ELFX and Skyrim limitations.  You can fix it if you can identify the light source and change a setting in SSEEdit.  I dredged up an old thread of mine out of either the SRLE or SRLE Extended forum awhile back and gave it to Lexy to use in a CR to fix that problem in the opening LAL room with the light next to the statue of Mara.  But you can apply that fix to the problem light fixture setting in that particular cell and it "should" fix it.  Most of us have learned to deal with the limitation.  Slightly irritating but not a major issue.

Edited by Kneph13

A while back I posted about an issue I was having where whenever I came near the Stormcloak camp near Dragon Bridge I would CTD. I couldn't figure out which mod was causing the issue, so deactivated almost all and started a new character to test on. Over the next few days I gradually reintroduced the mods until I narrowed the problem down to the Finishing Line portion of the guide. It seems I had failed to update to the Morrowloot version of The Great Equalizer - though how a script that alters weapon and armor records could conceivably cause a consistent CTD at a specific location I cannot figure. Anyway, I have previously eliminated xLODGen from my game in favor of Trees LOD Redone as someone earlier mentioned it is less taxing on the system. Now my game runs fine so long as I don't activate TexGen or DynDOLOD. In all likelihood if I regenerated those two I'd be able to activate them just fine now that The Great Equalizer is fixed, but I've decided to just play without them until my next playthrough since DynDOLOD in particular takes so long to run. So yeah, probably not a problem anyone else will encounter as the offending (non-Morrowloot) script is no longer part of the guide, but thought I'd let y'all know what happened.

That is a well known issue with ELFX and Skyrim limitations.  You can fix it if you can identify the light source and change a setting in SSEEdit.  I dredged up an old thread of mine out of either the SRLE or SRLE Extended forum awhile back and gave it to Lexy to use in a CR to fix that problem in the opening LAL room with the light next to the statue of Mara.  But you can apply that fix to the problem light fixture setting in that particular cell and it "should" fix it.  Most of us have learned to deal with the limitation.  Slightly irritating but not a major issue.

Okay, good to know, thank you.

Hey Lexy, a lot of authors a slapping in proper Bash/Smash tags in their mods. Rather than a blanket Smash.All (bar a few for Smash.ForceAll) it might be best to leave the original tags there and smash.all the rest (again bar the ones you have).

Stuff like Arties mods have the Location tag in there, Unofficial patch has the combine tag etc

While reordering the load order according to MODWAT.CH I noticed another mistake I've made, ofc, I've installed and left activated CLARALUX Immersive College of Winterhold patch, so I have the normal merged file and this one. Since I already restarted my character I just plan to leave it there in peace, but why wasn't it included in the install and merge, since we have the Immersive College installed? Thankfully this is the only obvious mistake I have left in my load order, so I hope I will be fine.

Edited by dreamer1986

Hey Lexy, a lot of authors a slapping in proper Bash/Smash tags in their mods. Rather than a blanket Smash.All (bar a few for Smash.ForceAll) it might be best to leave the original tags there and smash.all the rest (again bar the ones you have).

Stuff like Arties mods have the Location tag in there, Unofficial patch has the combine tag etc

have you compared the resulting SMASH Patch?

While reordering the load order according to MODWAT.CH I noticed another mistake I've made, ofc, I've installed and left activated CLARALUX Immersive College of Winterhold patch, so I have the normal merged file and this one. Since I already restarted my character I just plan to leave it there in peace, but why wasn't it included in the install and merge, since we have the Immersive College installed? Thankfully this is the only obvious mistake I have left in my load order, so I hope I will be fine.

I was a single record that is already forwarded into the CR. The ICWO was added by a user who granted was only trying to be helpful but they didn't tell me about it, if they had they would discovered I had already sorted it.

I was a single record that is already forwarded into the CR. The ICWO was added by a user who granted was only trying to be helpful but they didn't tell me about it, if they had they would discovered I had already sorted it.

Okay, thank you, if its a single record, that's already in the CR and so overwritten, I'll just leave the esp there until the next restart.

But about the load order, I noticed your load order from MODWAT.CH is very different from the one from LOOT. Is it recommended to play the game using your load order instead of the LOOT one?

Okay, thank you, if its a single record, that's already in the CR and so overwritten, I'll just leave the esp there until the next restart.

But about the load order, I noticed your load order from MODWAT.CH is very different from the one from LOOT. Is it recommended to play the game using your load order instead of the LOOT one?

LOOT always produces different load orders so I wouldn't worry too much.

That is a missing bark texture.  Did you follow the entire Tree and Flora section of the guide correctly?  Something went wrong there.  You can open the console and click on the tree and get its form id (the first two letters will identify the mod in your load order.  Open it up in SSEEdit and see if you can find the missing one and/or redo the Tree and Flora section.

Thanks for the idea - I checked one of the trees and the form ID is 00, so it is a Skyrim default tree. So it seems one of the texture replacers is doing the error.