Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

It must be on the Nexus because that is what we have decided.

If and when ICE changes his opinion on the "Official" mod on Achive.org, we will support it.

I don't understand everyone's craziness over this anyways.  The mod works with Legacy SE as it should, so the fact we don't "support" it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

It works perfectly fine, we just won't answer questions about it.

Edited by sirjesto

I have never played Wyrmstooth myself, just never got around to it in SRLE or SRLE Extended.  I have seen it played on You Tube by various individuals and it does appear to be an excellent piece of work.  But I'm with sirjesto and DarkladyLexy on this one.  I'm not using it until the author says it is okay to do so.  They did it free of charge on their own time.  The very least that we as a community can do is support their decision.

Edited by Kneph13

I have never played Wyrmstooth myself, just never got around to it in SRLE or SRLE Extended.  I have seen it played on You Tube by various individuals and it does appear to be an excellent piece of work.  But I'm with sirjesto and DarkladyLexy on this one.  I'm not using it until the author says it is okay to do so.  They did it free of charge on their own time.  The very least that we as a community can do is support their decision.

Hey, no hostility here, but for my part I use the mod that has been published based on the very high probablility that it was indeed Jonx0r who published it. I don't need him to show me an ID proving that it's him. For what I know, any account over there may be fake. It's simpler to assume that if no-one has contested neither the mod's publication, nor Jonx0r's account at archive.org, it's his own account. Occam's razor. He doesn't owe us any further explanation if he prefers to just allow us to use his work but offer no support for it. If I recall correctly, that was the reason he closed his accounts and removed his mods in the first place - the pressure for support being too demanding (and, possibly, not always polite). Mind that I'm with you, I respect everybody's stance on this, the legacy team's, Lexy's and Jonx0r's own, who removed the mod but never asked those who already had it to stop using it. Then, he comes back and updates the mod - to me, it's legit to assume that he's authorizing people to download and use it, even if it's not on Nexus. 3dNPC is no longer hosted on nexus, either. If you do want to try it, it's such a pleasure to play. A perfect blend between Skyrim's openness and more scripted games like TW. You feel like you're adventuring but also like you're led through a story. Great mod.

Edited by godescalcus

I have never played Wyrmstooth myself, just never got around to it in SRLE or SRLE Extended.  I have seen it played on You Tube by various individuals and it does appear to be an excellent piece of work.  

I love the guide here and wanted to add my 2 cents about Wyrmstooth, which I have played many times and loved. Probably not the best mod ever made...but it goes without saying in my mind that his talent is evident when you first step in. You are definitely playing a way above average mod here. It's like ICoW....there's just something about it. Or LAL and the list goes on...if there is a suitable way to get it in that is agreeable with the guide authors this would be a good thing IMO

Hey, no hostility here.  ~None Assumed~

If you do want to try it, it's such a pleasure to play. A perfect blend between Skyrim's openness and more scripted games like TW. You feel like you're adventuring but also like you're led through a story. Great mod.

~I would love to play it, just not on SRLE EX  LotD unless it's added.~

Also godescalus, I did take your advice.  I have a stripped down version I'm toying with right now.  No Landscape textures besides SSE Optimized, SRO, Majestic Mountains, and Fluffy Snow.  I also have the creature textures, SRLE X LotD Character textures and TCM with Consistent Older People.  I have the old AAE OBIS HIC SIC set up with Mortal Enemies and Smilodon.  So I have a thief going in LotD and a Battle Mage going on the stripped down version.  So which ever I feel like playing gets the time.

I love the guide here and wanted to add my 2 cents about Wyrmstooth, which I have played many times and loved. Probably not the best mod ever made...but it goes without saying in my mind that his talent is evident when you first step in. You are definitely playing a way above average mod here. It's like ICoW....there's just something about it. Or LAL and the list goes on...if there is a suitable way to get it in that is agreeable with the guide authors this would be a good thing IMO

~opinion noted for my personal use~

I can't see why you can't add the Patches from ApachiiSkyHair to the faces merged just make sure, no other mod in your load order needs then as a master.

Salt in the wind needs to load After Rs Children and Tocatta.

for the NPC Reetxtures you need to make sure the assets are not included in your merge. It is the same at the trees and flora merge really.

I examine the overwrite in MO's Conflict tab and also xEdit to determine where it should go and if needed what rule should be applied.

If that works for you do it your way don't forget it is your game do whatever you want.

Thank you SO much for your reply. I'm really trying to wrap my head around this idea of patching. Doing what I want with my game so far has mostly been following your guide then adding mods of my own and then trying to figure out what to do because I'm once again almost up to 255 esp files.

So basically it sounds like what you're saying is:

1. Install the mods, extract the BSAs for all.
  2. Create the merge, do NOT put those assets in the merge, just the esp files. (Actually the three Apachii hair mods are masters for the other three and are esm files. I wasn't sure if I could put them like that (I didn't get any errors), or if I should convert them to esp files.)
  3. Make all of the esp files optional in those merged mods (I don't like deleting them), but DON'T deactivate them unless all that's in them is the esp file, no other assets.
  4. Put the merge patch in the load order... Um... somewhere where I don't end up with everyone being bald or decapitated or naked (depending on the patch). I think for that one I'd tried adding a loot rule that it had to come after 3DNPCs, CRF, and LotD. I guess I can also go by where LOOT puts them when they're not merged?

Sorry to bug you about this, I'd rather just ask once why my patches may be wonky than ask every time, especially if it's one of your patches I'm doing wrong. Now I understand why certain of your instructions are as they are. Thank you SO much for taking the time to answer!

Edited by OCDCoder

i dont know if i missed something, can someone lend me a hand please?

Under the Special instructions for the "No Snow under the roof" mod, i cannot remove the indicated file because its part of a .bsa in the Mod.

The .bsa for No Snow Under the Roof is supposed to be extracted.

The .bsa for No Snow Under the Roof is supposed to be extracted.

i suspected that, but how do i convert it back to a .bsa afterwards? or do i just compress to zip file and add as a mod?

or just delete the old bsa and add the files back as loose?

Edited by BlackJackal

i suspected that, but how do i convert it back to a .bsa afterwards? or do i just compress to zip file and add as a mod?

or just delete the old bsa and add the files back as loose?

Leave the BSA extracted and loose.  You can repack it with a tool, I don't have it and don't know the name, you can google it if you want.  You extract the bsa into it's parent folder in MO2's mod folder, you don't need to create another mod and add it.

Thank you SO much for your reply. I'm really trying to wrap my head around this idea of patching. Doing what I want with my game so far has mostly been following your guide then adding mods of my own and then trying to figure out what to do because I'm once again almost up to 255 esp files.

So basically it sounds like what you're saying is:

1. Install the mods, extract the BSAs for all.
  2. Create the merge, do NOT put those assets in the merge, just the esp files. (Actually the three Apachii hair mods are masters for the other three and are esm files. I wasn't sure if I could put them like that (I didn't get any errors), or if I should convert them to esp files.)
  3. Make all of the esp files optional in those merged mods (I don't like deleting them), but DON'T deactivate them unless all that's in them is the esp file, no other assets.
  4. Put the merge patch in the load order... Um... somewhere where I don't end up with everyone being bald or decapitated or naked (depending on the patch). I think for that one I'd tried adding a loot rule that it had to come after 3DNPCs, CRF, and LotD. I guess I can also go by where LOOT puts them when they're not merged?

Sorry to bug you about this, I'd rather just ask once why my patches may be wonky than ask every time, especially if it's one of your patches I'm doing wrong. Now I understand why certain of your instructions are as they are. Thank you SO much for taking the time to answer!

I wouldn't merge esm's, not a good idea.  Yes, Let loot sort your patch(es) and if you have issues then manually move and set loot rules for them.

Edited by Kneph13

Funny story with my budding level 2 Battlemage, Had Jessi, Faendal and Tocatta with me playing on Legendary.  Was just running around doing my early level flower picking on the road near Kynesgrove.  Got too close and aggro'd a Giant.  Jessi and Faendal charged the giant.  They were holding there own with Tocatta healing them.  I have the followers set to 10% chance to die in iAFT.  Suddenly the Mammoth swung his head and Jessi flew across the road and crumpled into a pile dead.  Three hits later from the giant and Faendal followed suit.  The giant and mammoth chased Tocatta and I all the way back to Kynesgrove.  What an disasterous outing.  I gotta find replacements.  Time to make a sell a lot of potions from all the flowers I've been picking.

Leave the BSA extracted and loose.  You can repack it with a tool, I don't have it and don't know the name, you can google it if you want.  You extract the bsa into it's parent folder in MO2's mod folder, you don't need to create another mod and add it.

I wouldn't merge esm's, not a good idea.  Yes, Let loot sort your patch(es) and if you have issues then manually move and set loot rules for them.

thank you for the help. just to reconfirm; Leave extracted files loose, Dont delete the parent bsa, paste extracted files into parent file folder?

Why not, if you don't mind me asking?

I think I just realized something I've been doing wrong (an idea that I probably misunderstood from watching the video). I've been deactivating mods after I merge them. Maybe that's not a big deal since the merge usually contains the textures and meshes, so if the mod only contains the esp, I can either deactivate it or move the esp to optional. In this case, when I was doing the hair, I left all of the mesh and texture files in the individual mods (deleting them from the merge) and left them activated, disabled the esp files, and looked at the conflicts and noticed that, for example, one of the Apachii mods should probably be overwriting the 3DNPC overhaul mod, so I moved it. I still don't quite get the magic of mod load order, but I remember now about checking what textures may be being overwritten.

I just redid the NPC Retexture Merge that you provided (because I'm not using all of the overhauls), I'll know if I have the right idea now or not if I end up with naked or decapitated people again...