Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I think Save Game Script Cleaner doesn't work with SSE. You can use Fallrim Tools' Resaver instead.

Noted! Thank you!

I'm surprised my save game still seems happy with all of the mods I've been adding and removing. (Mostly I'm having to remove some because of the ones I'm adding, like Campfire, Frostfall, Wearable Lanterns...)

BTW, I found an ENB that's supposed to be specifically for Vivid Weathers (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2709). I finally mostly understand the process of using an ENB, but it requires something called ReShade 3 and running setup, I'm not sure which launcher I'm supposed to be selecting or what selection I'm supposed to be making below that. Or... if I even want to use something like that. Anyone using this one or at least understand how that program works?

Use this process with the description you'll find down at the bottom of the guide: create a dummy master with wrye bash, load the CR in xedit, use the script "list records referencing a specific plugin" (works better for me than report masters...) typing in the index (first two digits) of the dummy Prometheus_No_snow_Under_the_roof.esp. Here is what my build yields, only three references. When you do this with your dummy master, those referenced records will contain "unresolved reference" errors.

Applying script...

\ [33] Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp \ [14] GRUP Top "WRLD" \ [11] GRUP World Children of DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] \ [0] GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, 0 \ [0] GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 1, 1 \ [1] GRUP Cell Children of DLC2AbandonedLodgeExterior01 [CELL:0400EE51] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 8,12) \ [0] GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC2AbandonedLodgeExterior01 [CELL:0400EE51] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 8,12) \ [0] [REFR:04017B67] (places Prom_Farmhouse01Snow [sTAT:2E002315] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of DLC2AbandonedLodgeExterior01 [CELL:0400EE51] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 8,12)) \ [2] NAME - Base = Prom_Farmhouse01Snow [sTAT:2E002315]
 \ [33] Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp \ [14] GRUP Top "WRLD" \ [1] GRUP World Children of Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] \ [6] GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, 0 \ [1] GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 2, 0 \ [1] GRUP Cell Children of HalloftheVigilantExterior01 [CELL:00008FCF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,16) \ [0] GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HalloftheVigilantExterior01 [CELL:00008FCF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,16) \ [0] [REFR:000C734B] (places Prom_FarmInn01Snow_Heavy_Only [sTAT:2E04B199] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of HalloftheVigilantExterior01 [CELL:00008FCF] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at 4,16)) \ [2] NAME - Base = Prom_FarmInn01Snow_Heavy_Only [sTAT:2E04B199]
 \ [33] Lexy's LoTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp \ [14] GRUP Top "WRLD" \ [1] GRUP World Children of Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] \ [4] GRUP Exterior Cell Block 0, -1 \ [1] GRUP Exterior Cell Sub-Block 3, -4 \ [1] GRUP Cell Children of POINorthernCoast11 [CELL:00009247] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -31,27) \ [0] GRUP Cell Temporary Children of POINorthernCoast11 [CELL:00009247] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -31,27) \ [0] [REFR:000EEF79] (places Prom_ImpExtIceTower02_Snow [sTAT:2E00599A] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of POINorthernCoast11 [CELL:00009247] (in Tamriel "Skyrim" [WRLD:0000003C] at -31,27)) \ [2] NAME - Base = Prom_ImpExtIceTower02_Snow [sTAT:2E00599A]
[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 425, Elapsed Time: 00:07

You'll want to consider the references [REFR:04017B67], [REFR:000C734B] and [REFR:000EEF79]. Copy each of the 8 digit numbers into the top left box in xEdit (that reads FormID) and check that they're merely forwarding the NSUTR replacers for the snow statics (which will show as unresolved references). You can delete the record FROM Lexy's LOTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp ONLY. To do that, right-click the top cell of the column on the right that reads "Lexy's LOTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" and choose "jump to". It will highlight that plugin's reference on the left tree, that you can right-click and select "remove". Careful not to delete anything from either the base game, or USSEP or any other plugin that mentions it... Do this for all the references you found. Then scroll up the left-hand list and right-click on the top  index for "Lexy's LOTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp" and select "clean masters". It should remove the plugin if no references are left. When exiting xEdit check to save only "Lexy's LOTD SE - Conflict Resolution.esp".

Thank you so much for this :)

I have a couple of questions about patches. I hate to ask because it involves adding things to the build, but I also just want to understand overall how they work. Using spoiler tags here because OMG this got long.

[spoiler=Faces Merged]One is the Faces Merged. I also installed ApachiiSkyHair, so I have the main one (which has three esm files - ApachiiHair, ApachiiHairFemales, and ApachiiHairMales, yes, a LOT of new hair!), then one for CRF, one for LotD, and one for Interesting NPCs. Six files. Right now, in the left pane, I have them all loaded together below KS Hairdos. Can I add those to Faces Merged? Another question I have about the hair in general, why is the Salt and Wind version loaded way down in the Followers section (I also have one for Apachii) when More Realistic Hair and Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures are in the hair section? Racemenu doesn't seem to be picking those (Salt and Wind) up. (Unless I need to put Racemenu somewhere else. I have it at the beginning of that section, but somewhere I saw to put it higher in the left pane. But there are no hair mods higher in the load order and it is at least picking up the hair, eyes, etc.)

I can't see why you can't add the Patches from ApachiiSkyHair to the faces merged just make sure, no other mod in your load order needs then as a master.

Salt in the wind needs to load After Rs Children and Tocatta.

I have a couple of questions about patches. I hate to ask because it involves adding things to the build, but I also just want to understand overall how they work. Using spoiler tags here because OMG this got long.

[spoiler=Faces Merged]One is the Faces Merged. I also installed ApachiiSkyHair, so I have the main one (which has three esm files - ApachiiHair, ApachiiHairFemales, and ApachiiHairMales, yes, a LOT of new hair!), then one for CRF, one for LotD, and one for Interesting NPCs. Six files. Right now, in the left pane, I have them all loaded together below KS Hairdos. Can I add those to Faces Merged? Another question I have about the hair in general, why is the Salt and Wind version loaded way down in the Followers section (I also have one for Apachii) when More Realistic Hair and Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures are in the hair section? Racemenu doesn't seem to be picking those (Salt and Wind) up. (Unless I need to put Racemenu somewhere else. I have it at the beginning of that section, but somewhere I saw to put it higher in the left pane. But there are no hair mods higher in the load order and it is at least picking up the hair, eyes, etc.)

[spoiler=NPC Retexture Merge SSE patch]The other is about the NPC Retexture Merge SSE patch we were given. All I installed is WICO and the 3DNPC mods. (My test is always to go out and look at Fralia Gray-Mane and see if she looks old. When I had all of the rest installed, she didn't.) I tried making a patch just with those two mods, but since it's a custom patch, I'm assuming something was done to it because when I ran it with mine, I ended up with a bunch of naked NPCs and a few with no heads... But since there were other conflict mods that relied on that one, I had to re-enable the two mods I'd merged, then create a dummy mod to make the other two happy. Is there a better way to handle that?

for the NPC Reetxtures you need to make sure the assets are not included in your merge. It is the same at the trees and flora merge really.

Finally, in general, how do you know where in the left pane, and what Loot rules to use for a patch? I created one custom one and just put it below the lowest included mod in my load order. SEEMS to have worked.

Since I'm asking so many questions, I thought I'd add my procedure for handling these patches that I've found makes it really easy when I need to modify one. I do this all in the LotD profile, I don't create other ones.

I examine the overwrite in MO's Conflict tab and also xEdit to determine where it should go and if needed what rule should be applied.

Since I'm asking so many questions, I thought I'd add my procedure for handling these patches that I've found makes it really easy when I need to modify one. I do this all in the LotD profile, I don't create other ones.

[spoiler=Saving My Sanity]

1. I create categories for all of the merges: LotD Merge - Faces
  2. For all of the mods that go into the merge, I put mrg_ in front of their names: mrg_Beards
  3. For all of those, I set the primary category to the one I created for that merge.
  4. When I create the merge, I put mpatch_ in front of the name: mpatch_Faces Merged. I also change the category to the same one.

When I need to build/rebuild a merge:

1. Select that category as a filter.
  2. Activate all of the mrg_ mods, deactivate the mpatch_ mod. (Unless it causes errors with other mods. For the patch-building procedure, it doesn't really matter if it's enabled or not.)
  3. Run LOOT as normal, making sure all files are selected in the right pane of MO2.
  4. Sort the right pane in alphabetical order to find the files needed for the merge. You can't reorder them if it's sorted by name, but if you select all of them (shift-click if they're together, ctrl-click for ones that aren't), then sort by priority, they'll stay selected and you can just drag them to the bottom and put them in the right order.
  5. Run Merge Plugins, deselect everything, select the files you want to include in the patch, and all of the mods they require will turn red italics. Select those.
  6. Select the files you want in the merge. Here's where you can also remove one if you're removing a mod it's patching.
  7. Build the patch as normal, making sure to name it the way you did in MO2 (the patch name, not the file name). Done! :cool:

One other huge advantage of this method is when you're done, you can filter for mrg in the left pane and make sure they're all deselected, then filter for mpatch and make sure they're all selected.

I've also been creating empty mods for the categories. Just double-click Overwrite (make sure there's nothing in there) and create a folder named whatever, it doesn't matter, then close, right-click, Create Mod. I name them like this: ---- Bug Fixes ----. It not only helps the sections stand out (thank you again SO much for adding the categories to the changelog!) but you can filter by ---- and make sure they're all deselected. (Though that doesn't matter, there's a red X next to them anyway to also help you find the categories. I just like to be consistent.)

Hope that helps someone!

If that works for you do it your way don't forget it is your game do whatever you want.

Creating a Pre Smash Patch
  1. Start Mod Organizer 2.
  2. Select Wrye Bash in the executable selection box and click [Run]. The Wrye Bash main interface should appear.
  3. Scroll down the mod list and right-click Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select "Rebuild Patch".
  4. A popup asking to deactivate mods prior to patching may appear.
  5. Click Ok
  6. Now you can exit Wrye Bash.
  7. Navigate to the Skyrim SE DATA Folder and remove Bashed Patch, 0.esp

- For me (7.), the Bashed Patch, 0.esp appears in the MO2 overwrite folder...it also comes with an empty folder named INI Tweaks.

1. Start Mod Organizer 2.
  2. Select Wrye Bash in the executable selection box and click [Run]. The Wrye Bash main interface should appear.
  3. Scroll down the mod list and right-click Bashed Patch, 0.esp and select "Rebuild Patch".
  4. A popup asking to deactivate mods prior to patching may appear.
  5. Click Ok
  6. Now you can exit Wrye Bash.
  7. Navigate to the Skyrim SE DATA Folder and remove Bashed Patch, 0.esp

- For me (7.), the Bashed Patch, 0.esp appears in the MO2 overwrite folder...it also comes with an empty folder named INI Tweaks.

ok, Delete those then. just make sure in the right pane there is no Bashed Patch, 0.esp when you create the pre-Smash Patch.

1. Once created you can exit Merge Plugins and activate the mod in Mod Organizer 2.

Idiot check make sure Conflict Resolution Merged.esp is loaded after Pre Smash Patch Merged.esp

Im assuming that after making the Pre Smash Patch Merged, we dont disable (from the left pane) the remaining unchecked mods (that appear in the right pane)?

And so these mods are also exluded from the Mator Smash?

hey guys the guide has been updated there a a few chaneges so take not of the Changelog page.

1. Once created you can exit Merge Plugins and activate the mod in Mod Organizer 2.

Idiot check make sure Conflict Resolution Merged.esp is loaded after Pre Smash Patch Merged.esp

Im assuming that after making the Pre Smash Patch Merged, we dont disable (from the left pane) the remaining unchecked mods (that appear in the right pane)?

And so these mods are also exluded from the Mator Smash?

that is correct the Pre Smash merge is the same at the trees and flora merge so you need the assets in the Left Pane active.

hey guys the guide has been updated there a a few chaneges so take not of the Changelog page.

that is correct the Pre Smash merge is the same at the trees and flora merge so you need the assets in the Left Pane active.

Thanks again Lexy. My brain is feeling fried like a noodle, i was fine until i got to Mator Smash :teehee:

Hi Lexy just FYI the ChocolateNoodle's Little Balance Modslink to the replacement ESP go's to the MLU - Lore Weapon Expansion.esp which I'm guessing is incorrect?

If you use the option to redirect output files (4th box ticked), you need to have the folder you're outputting to present in the VFS or it will just give you an error saying that. If you deactivate the FNIS_Output mod in mod organizer, that folder won't be visible to FNIS so you get an error. You can always use FNIS without redirecting files (the way I've always used it before the recent changes to MO2) but you'll be replacing files in your mod folders. It works, but you're tampering with the original files. So Fore, by request, added the file redirection feature which is a simple way to have FNIS never overwrite mods: it will just send them to the folder you point to in the ini file instead.

I still don't really understand the benefit of this. So long as you disable any FNIS_Output in MO2 before running FNIS, with the default option (i.e. redirect unticked) all the output is sent to the overwrite folder, not to any of your other mod folders. Functionally this is identical to using the redirect function to send the output elsewhere, just in one case "elsewhere" is the overwrite folder and in the other "elsewhere" is %specified_folder%. You have to manually overwrite the contents of your FNIS_Output MO2 mod folder afterwards either way, unless you are using the redirect to point to your FNIS_Output MO2 mod folder, which would be foolish as you would then have no ability to roll back if anything fails during the process.

I suppose one advantage of using the redirect is that it catches the case where you forget to disable the FNIS_Output before you start, but I can't see any other advantage. Am I missing something?

When progressing my game, sooner or later I find a SKSE\Plugins\StorageUtilData\noname.json file in the MO2 override folder. The content looks like this in a text editor:

{

"formList" :

{

"itemdisplays" : [ "2194577|LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm" ]

}

}

Anyone know what it is for? Better to keep it or save to delete?

Edited by Shabdez

ok, Delete those then. just make sure in the right pane there is no Bashed Patch, 0.esp when you create the pre-Smash Patch.

Isn't it safer to create a separate mod out of the overwrite, and after you use the bashed patch to deactivate the esp's for the Pre smash merge, deactivate it in the left pane? This makes updating a lot easier, in my experience at least.