Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Re: Crashing with Vigilant

It's xLODGEN.

I'm not clear why or how but with xLODGEN's output enabled, the game consistently crashes when trying to enter the "Stuhn Ravine" worldspace (that you go through to enter the temple of Stendarr.)

I would imagine the area just needs to be excluded from the build when you run xLODGEN but I'll leave it to someone more expert to comment!

Good sir, I award you 7 Internet Points!

Interesting Might be worth consulting Master Sheson.

I'd be interested as to why its causing that issue, perhaps its trying to load data that isn't there?

I have not had this happen to me yet but I have been meaning to look into adding this to the guide so every time it auto points to the FNIS Output Folder Or would the Overwrite folder actaully be better for everyone?

If you add that you always delete the contents of the FNIS_Output folder before running FNIS, the files will all go to overwrites. If you don't delete what you had previously generated, the existing files will be overwritten and new files will go to overwrites.

Edited by godescalcus

If you add that you always delete the contents of the FNIS_Output folder before running FNIS, the files will all go to overwrites. If you don't delete what you had previously generated, the existing files will be overwritten and new files will go to overwrites.

I just disable the FNIS_Output "mod" before I run FNIS each time, that way it goes to overwrite, if everything works (which is 99.999% of the time) I can just cut the contents of overwrite and replace the FNIS_Output, but I have the option of rolling back to the previous FNIS_Output (by just deleting overwrite and re-enabling FNIS_Output) just in case anything goes wrong.

re: Crashing with VIGILANT

I've popped a post up on the xLODGEN thread so we can see what Sheshon says. In the mean time though you can fix the problem (without having to rebuild your entire xLODGEN data!) by deleting the two folder created in the xLODGEN output for VIGILANT - they are both called zAoMVigilantWorld, and there will be one in meshes/terrain and one in textures/terrain.

SAFO's installer offers to restrict health regeneration by default or to keep vanilla slow regen.

I've been going through the install process today so the FOMOD options are still fresh in my mind. Someday soon I might even play the game :-)

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself. LOL I'm having to remember now which mods didn't install the Campfire, Frostfall, and Wearable Lantern patches because I just added them in.

So I get the no health regen. But what is making my character so fragile? I used iNeed, I think it was, to drop her carry weight down to 100 because really, being able to carry 3x her body weight is just silly. (I just have to ignore where she's putting all these weapons and sets of armor. I figure it's the same place the characters in Highlander keep their swords. LOL) But carry weight, or rate of health regen, shouldn't kill her when she jumps out of the tower, even on Legendary. (Other things killing her easily, yes, but you can't avoid this particular part of it.) And even on adept, it takes half her health. This isn't Dark Souls, I expect to be able to play the game for at least 5m without dying, especially in a scripted scene!

Oh, speaking of that opening scene, I set up all of the menus and saved before running LAL, so those were already ready by default. But around the time she gets into the first tower with the Nords (before the jumping part), a box pops up from Moonlight Tales asking me something about scaling that I can't remember and once I choose an option, my character can't move! I have to go into the console and type enableplayercontrols to be able to move, and tcf twice to be able to use the third-person camera. Sometimes it happens again randomly running through Helgen Keep. Tried being a werewolf ages ago with the Companions, hated it. I'm just going to uninstall it, but I wanted to report it in case anyone else has that problem.

Edited by OCDCoder

You might want to look over the Smash patch. I had to manually edit a bunch of tags as it was overwriting Ordinator, Andromeda, Sancrosanct etc plus it's overwriting Better Dynamic Snow with the textures from the Landscape and Clutter merge which then get brough into DynDOLOD

FYI, some tweaking is needed

Yeah, that's what I keep telling myself. LOL I'm having to remember now which mods didn't install the Campfire, Frostfall, and Wearable Lantern patches because I just added them in.

So I get the no health regen. But what is making my character so fragile? I used iNeed, I think it was, to drop her carry weight down to 100 because really, being able to carry 3x her body weight is just silly. (I just have to ignore where she's putting all these weapons and sets of armor. I figure it's the same place the characters in Highlander keep their swords. LOL) But carry weight, or rate of health regen, shouldn't kill her when she jumps out of the tower, even on Legendary. (Other things killing her easily, yes, but you can't avoid this particular part of it.) And even on adept, it takes half her health. This isn't Dark Souls, I expect to be able to play the game for at least 5m without dying, especially in a scripted scene!

Oh, speaking of that opening scene, I set up all of the menus and saved before running LAL, so those were already ready by default. But around the time she gets into the first tower with the Nords (before the jumping part), a box pops up from Moonlight Tales asking me something about scaling that I can't remember and once I choose an option, my character can't move! I have to go into the console and type enableplayercontrols to be able to move, and tcf twice to be able to use the third-person camera. Sometimes it happens again randomly running through Helgen Keep. Tried being a werewolf ages ago with the Companions, hated it. I'm just going to uninstall it, but I wanted to report it in case anyone else has that problem.

I've never tried to do a vanilla start with a heavy modded game... Always either used a savegame outside the Helgen tunnel or LAL. I do remember there's a mod that gives you a choice of the amount of fall damage... Can't remember which! I think it's a choice you make in the installation phase, or a choice of esp... Not in game - but I may be wrong.

Moonlight tails pick "No Scaling" Also do you have the Moonlight tails MCM mod installed? as for the helgen start, no idea Not run that I suck a long time it still very buggy thou. also, My recommendation has always been never so Helgen but if you must pick "Camping in the woods" Start and double back to the cave.

re: Crashing with VIGILANT

I've popped a post up on the xLODGEN thread so we can see what Sheshon says. In the mean time though you can fix the problem (without having to rebuild your entire xLODGEN data!) by deleting the two folder created in the xLODGEN output for VIGILANT - they are both called zAoMVigilantWorld, and there will be one in meshes/terrain and one in textures/terrain.

We don't then need to rebuild DYNDOLOD do we?

You might want to look over the Smash patch. I had to manually edit a bunch of tags as it was overwriting Ordinator, Andromeda, Sancrosanct etc plus it's overwriting Better Dynamic Snow with the textures from the Landscape and Clutter merge which then get brough into DynDOLOD

FYI, some tweaking is needed

well, we might need a few more, SMASH Force.ALL tags.

... But what is making my character so fragile? ...

... being able to carry 3x her body weight is just silly. (I just have to ignore where she's putting all these weapons and sets of armor. I figure it's the same place the characters in Highlander keep their swords. LOL) ...

... shouldn't kill her when she jumps out of the tower, even on Legendary...

... a box pops up from Moonlight Tales asking me something about scaling that I can't remember and once I choose an option, my character can't move...

It could be Smilodon on Legendary, I've had the same unfortunate death after that leap. I dropped the Realistic Damage plugin and dropped game difficulty to 3 (not sure the name) from 5 (Legendary), I think the Smilodon description on Nexus recommended that?

Agree re- carry capacity. As for stashing swords & such, ouch, I don't even like carrying keys in my pockets.

I'm not a fan of that Moonlight Tales pop-up, but I've never had a problem moving after selecting an option. Not sure if a Moonlight Tales MCM  could be a workaround, bit there is one available on Nexus now ...

... & ninja'ed, also I see the MT MCM mod was already in the guide, my "forum fu" is weak :-(

Edited by redirishlord

I've never tried to do a vanilla start with a heavy modded game... Always either used a savegame outside the Helgen tunnel or LAL. I do remember there's a mod that gives you a choice of the amount of fall damage... Can't remember which! I think it's a choice you make in the installation phase, or a choice of esp... Not in game - but I may be wrong.

I can't tell you how many times I've gone through and run various mods marked with fomod just to see what additional options I may want to select. (Like the ones for Campfire, Frostfall, Wearable Lanterns, etc.) I can't remember one that had anything to do with fall damage, but I don't think I'd have picked one that caused more...

Moonlight tails pick "No Scaling" Also do you have the Moonlight tails MCM mod installed? as for the helgen start, no idea Not run that I suck a long time it still very buggy thou. also, My recommendation has always been never so Helgen but if you must pick "Camping in the woods" Start and double back to the cave.

For this character, it's an integral part of her story. I read on here that you shouldn't select it because of Helgen Reborn, but except for what I mentioned here that I tracked down to other mods, I've had no problems. I remember there's a Helgen Reborn mission that I haven't looked at, maybe it's been changed to start when you're ready? I still wish there was an option to have dragons but not be Dragonborn (unless I missed that one), that's why I'm considering using Unbound. It also gives much more detailed options to make the EXACT character you want rather than coming up with scenarios. Although I do want to try the relic hunter one, I may end up making two profiles.

It could be Smilodon on Legendary, I've had the same unfortunate death after that leap. I dropped the Realistic Damage plugin and dropped game difficulty to 3 (not sure the name) from 5 (Legendary), I think the Smilodon description on Nexus recommended that?

Agree re- carry capacity. As for stashing swords & such, ouch, I don't even like carrying keys in my pockets.

I'm not a fan of that Moonlight Tales pop-up, but I've never had a problem moving after selecting an option. Not sure if a Moonlight Tales MCM  could be a workaround, bit there is one available on Nexus now ...

... & ninja'ed, also I see the MT MCM mod was already in the guide, my "forum fu" is weak :-(

Is Smilodon something in the guide that I missed? As for Moonlight Tales, I just removed it. I tried the werewolf thing once, it just really isn't something that any of the characters I build would do. I get really into RP. One of my characters in SLE was in the Dark Brotherhood and would leave her husband at home and not change clothes until she got there. She really didn't want him to know. But she never finished it. As her puppetmaster, I just couldn't bring myself to kill a bride on her wedding day.