Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Yes launch Merge Plugins from MO2.  Launch the ENB Manager from it's icon.  Can install it where you want.  If you prefer to read you can go right here: Guide: ENB - S.T.E.P. Project.  S.T.E.P. has everything you need for Skyrim.

I followed S.T.E.P. when I was playing SLE but skipped that part.

Maybe you can tell me where I'm going wrong. I'm going to change my settings back to exactly what it says in the guide. OMG, I fixed it!!! I was documenting the steps as I went along, and when I got to shift-enter and changing the settings, it fixed everything! I'm going to leave this in, though, for other people who may be having this problem.

[spoiler=My original steps]

1. Download SkyrimSE Re-Engaged ENB.
  2. Copied the contents of 1. Default Version (Install 1st always) into my SSE directory. So in the main directory, I got a new enbseries.ini and enblocal.ini. An enbseries folder was also in there and it overwrote some files in that directory, which already existed. (I assume from a previous step somewhere? I have SO many tabs open...)
  3. Copied the contents of 2. Vivid Weathers Users (Install 2nd)/Quality Version (Good Image) into my SkyrimSE directory. Same thing with it overwriting files.
  4. In enblocal.ini (in my SSE directory), I set both ForceVSync and EnableFPSLimit to false.
  5. In enbseries.ini (also in my SSE directory), I set both IntensityInteriorDay and IntensityInteriorNight to 0.75.
  6. I installed the Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB.
  7. I created the merge patch and deactivated the merged .esp files.
  8. I checked that the global priority of the patch was 76 and then ran Loot.
  9. Finally, I run Skyrim through SKSE.

So this is what I get. First the starting scene with the statue, then the Bannered Mare:

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/omg-dark.jpg

Under ENBEFFECT.FX, I checked "Apply Game Color Correction" and it fixed it.

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/pretty.jpg (but a little dark)

Became a bit lighter after the above, but I see I can tweak that.

https://www.ocdcoder.org/skyrim/omg-ORANGE.jpg

Still Under ENBEFFECT.FX, down under "Interior Settings," I changed Saturation - Interior to 1.00 and no more OMG-ORANGE!

If there were better options to fix these, please let me know. I was just guessing.

Edit: Um, wait. I clicked "Apply Changes" and exited, and now loading again, it's not showing that, it's showing the contents of the enbseries.ini file and I can't find the settings I just changed. What the...???

Edit #2: I started a new game and the settings are there again. What weird thing is making them go away?

So now I have these files in my SSE directory and my SSE/enbseries directory that I'll only remember what they are because they came with this guide. I know that's where the Skyrim ENB Manager comes in. Can you explain in very simple language how to use it? I put the .exe in its own directory and created a /configs directory inside that. So what do I do now? Entering the name is obvious, but what do I select for Config? Is each set special in some way or is it just to organize 50 slots to make them more manageable? Will Skyrim pick up the settings when I run it through MO2 or do I need to add the ENB Manager as an .exe and run it through MO2? If you could write a "for dummies" guide for that, I wouldn't mind trying some others now that I FINALLY have one of these working!

Thanks SO MUCH for the help in getting this far!

Edited by OCDCoder

If anyone else is updating mid save from KYE 5.0 to 6.0 and AO from 2.6 to 2.9 know that its safe to do so with no repercussions to your save. I asked the mod authors. If you upgrade LoTD you need to clean a few scripts with Fallrim tools, check the mod's changelog for info.

Edited by dreamer1986

I usually use dark dungeon mods, the Alternate Start cell is so dark that I kept losing my way to the bed (despite how many times I've played it) and I kept running into walls and getting completely lost in Helgen Keep until I finally found a torch half-way through. Nights I like completely dark, but dungeons, you can't really sneak well with a torch...

You know we have Quick Light right? Just pressing "E" a couple seconds will bring you a nice lantern, handy in dark areas :P

You know we have Quick Light right? Just pressing "E" a couple seconds will bring you a nice lantern, handy in dark areas :P

Really doesn't help if you're trying to sneak which is what OCDCoder mentioned....

Really doesn't help if you're trying to sneak which is what OCDCoder mentioned....

She also said she couldn't get to the bed in the cell of Alternate start, also helpful just to walk/run/ride around at night.

Plus if she has no issues running in dungeons with a torch, I don't see the difference with using quick light...

As per the sneaking into enemies in dungeons, that's what Night Eye is for (even if not all ENBs support it).

Edited by Sennah

Hello guys! Please, help me understand the difference between this and Darth's guide. Yes i know it's for the SE version. By "difference" i mean stability, perfomance, graphic etc.

I'm just trying to figure it out if there is any sense for me in moving on to this guide.

Hello guys! Please, help me understand the difference between this and Darth's guide. Yes i know it's for the SE version. By "difference" i mean stability, perfomance, graphic etc.

I'm just trying to figure it out if there is any sense for me in moving on to this guide.

"Yes i know it's for the SE version".  You just answered your own request.  Stability and Performance - 64bit vs 32bit.  Graphics -  This guide incorporates many of the mods included in the original and some that are SE exclusive.  SE is more stable and offers better performance.  LE is older and has more mod offerings.  Pick your poison.

Edited by Kneph13

Hey All,

Quick question about the following notice for installing A Quality World Map:

Once xLODGEN has been created move this mod underneath SSELODGen_Output in the Left Pane of Mod Organizer 2

When and how is SSELODGen_Output supposed to be installed? I didn't see the step on the prerequisites page and wasn't sure if it was something that was generated automatically through the output folder like with FNIS

Cheers

Lexy has removed them from the guide completely.  We are not allowed to post mods that have been "removed" from the Nexus here at the S.T.E.P. forum.  ToS Rule.  I learned that the hard way sometime back.  I thought I was helping someone complete the guide and got a spanking.

Well said, Kneph13, Well said! :cool: :thumbsup:

Hey All,

Quick question about the following notice for installing A Quality World Map:

Once xLODGEN has been created move this mod underneath SSELODGen_Output in the Left Pane of Mod Organizer 2

When and how is SSELODGen_Output supposed to be installed? I didn't see the step on the prerequisites page and wasn't sure if it was something that was generated automatically through the output folder like with FNIS

Cheers

It's in the xLODGEN section of the Prerequisites page.  It's the output from running xLODGEN.

Edited by Decopauge123