Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

For what it's worth, I've had that same crash with Vigilant - crashes if you fast travel to the Temple of Stendarr, or if you run to it and try to go in the door. 

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what caused it, I started a new game for unrelated reasons, and didn't get that crash on the new game.

The only thing I can think of that was different was that I had installed the hi-res texture pack for Vigilant between games, but apart from whatever other changes were going on with the guide I hadn't changed anything.

Sorry that's not much help but I thought it might be reassuring to know you weren't the only one that had seen this!

For what it's worth, I've had that same crash with Vigilant - crashes if you fast travel to the Temple of Stendarr, or if you run to it and try to go in the door. 

Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea what caused it, I started a new game for unrelated reasons, and didn't get that crash on the new game.

The only thing I can think of that was different was that I had installed the hi-res texture pack for Vigilant between games, but apart from whatever other changes were going on with the guide I hadn't changed anything.

Sorry that's not much help but I thought it might be reassuring to know you weren't the only one that had seen this!

It does actually make me feel a bit better lol.

I had the high res pack installed at the beginning, and even when removing it the crash still happened. When I get home from work I'll check it more, but the last time I tested it was at the ENB install section of the guide. At that point it worked fine so it'll be fun trying to hunt down the bug. Also after extracting the BSA and running the meshes thru the optimizer, do we need to repack the BSA?

Edited by link213109

It does actually make me feel a bit better lol.

I had the high res pack installed at the beginning, and even when removing it the crash still happened. When I get home from work I'll check it more, but the last time I tested it was at the ENB install section of the guide. At that point it worked fine so it'll be fun trying to hunt down the bug. Also after extracting the BSA and running the meshes thru the optimizer, do we need to repack the BSA?

I would. What I did after running the meshes through NIF Optimizer was to use BSArch to repack everything neatly in two archives, Vigilant - Textures.bsa (with compression, only the textures folder) and Vigilant.bsa uncompressed with all the other files. I don't use the high resolution pack but I suppose you can also overwrite the original assets with the high resolution and then repack.

Well, just to add on to this - I've just done some more play of the Vigilant questline and I've found that although in this save I was able to enter the Temple of Stendarr initially, unlike in my last save, having progressed the quest line a bit I now need to revisit the location and I have the same crash again - guaranteed CTD if I fast travel there or if I run to the door and try to go in.

I have no clue what's causing it or even really how to troubleshoot it so for now the Vigilant quests are a no-go for me. I'll need to roll back to before I progressed the quest as otherwise I'm stuck with a permanent debuff (storyline spoiler stuff so I won't say more.)

Can someone please tell me what is meant by "Make sure you have extracted the Creation Kits scripts archive to your Data folder"

Is this the random Scripts.zip file in the \Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder?

Also, should the Champolion folder, OR the contents of the Champolian folder be placed in \Skyrim Special Edition?

:)

Can someone please tell me what is meant by "Make sure you have extracted the Creation Kits scripts archive to your Data folder"

Is this the random Scripts.zip file in the \Skyrim Special Edition\Data folder?

Also, should the Champolion folder, OR the contents of the Champolian folder be placed in \Skyrim Special Edition?

:)

when you launch the creation kit for the first time it should popup asking if you want to extract the scripts. just say yes and it's sorted.

when you launch the creation kit for the first time it should popup asking if you want to extract the scripts. just say yes and it's sorted.

Thanks rhodsey!

I hope its safe to assume thats already been done, i've been using the CK for esp converting.

Hopefully the Champolian folder is in the correct place too.

Would you happen to know how to merge the related plugins if their is no 'master' file (RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp)?

Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
  • SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.txt

Was there meant to be a replacer esp file or did i miss something?

Sorry for the questions.

Thanks rhodsey!

I hope its safe to assume thats already been done, i've been using the CK for esp converting.

Hopefully the Champolian folder is in the correct place too.

Would you happen to know how to merge the related plugins if their is no 'master' file (RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp)?

Do not install the following file(s) and/or folder(s):

• SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
  • SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.txt

Was there meant to be a replacer esp file or did i miss something?

Sorry for the questions.

it is covered by SkyTEST Integration Project SE - No extra Spawns

I just got confronted with the new MO2 behaviour of not sending all files to overwrites (which is a bad move, IMO, it disrupts the way I organized things) when running FNIS. The guide says that after FNIS completes successfully you'll have three folders in overwrites (meshes, tools and scripts) but I did NOT have meshes. I suspected they were being sent by MO2 to overwrite directly the original, and so they were.

It will still work this way, but I don't like it so, fortunately, there is a workaround (my thanks to Ponurymazepa at Nexus): you have to rename FNIS.ini0 to FNIS.ini and then edit the file redirection line removing the ' so that it is read and point to some EXISTING folder like RedirectFiles=F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2\mods\FNIS_output. When running FNIS, you need to also check the "File Redirection" box, and that's it. All filles will go into either the proper folder or the overwrites, in the latter case just move them to FNIS_Output.

I just got confronted with the new MO2 behaviour of not sending all files to overwrites (which is a bad move, IMO, it disrupts the way I organized things) when running FNIS. The guide says that after FNIS completes successfully you'll have three folders in overwrites (meshes, tools and scripts) but I did NOT have meshes. I suspected they were being sent by MO2 to overwrite directly the original, and so they were.

It will still work this way, but I don't like it so, fortunately, there is a workaround (my thanks to Ponurymazepa at Nexus): you have to rename FNIS.ini0 to FNIS.ini and then edit the file redirection line removing the ' so that it is read and point to some EXISTING folder like RedirectFiles=F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Mod Organizer 2\mods\FNIS_output. When running FNIS, you need to also check the "File Redirection" box, and that's it. All filles will go into either the proper folder or the overwrites, in the latter case just move them to FNIS_Output.

I have not had this happen to me yet but I have been meaning to look into adding this to the guide so every time it auto points to the FNIS Output Folder Or would the Overwrite folder actaully be better for everyone?

I'm getting something similar and I narrowed it down to KYE armours, too.  The damage values for swords seems to be the only thing affected based on what chest piece you're wearing.

Chest / Iron Sword Damage:

Fur / 10;

Imperial Armor / 4;

Light Imperial Armor / 9;

Stormcloak Cuirass / 13;

I reinstalled KYE without the Armours extension and rebuilt the KYE Merge without the armours esp or the 2 armours patches of Lexy's.

The Iron Sword Damage with all above chest armours: 10.

Also, for what it's worth, I couldn't find the KYE introduction book at any Blacksmith.  (Checked with Alvor and all of the blacksmiths in Whiterun.)

I didn't see any posts on the KYE Nexus page about this, and I can't imagine that this is intentional for KYE Armours, right?  Why would the amount of damage a weapon deals change so dramatically based on what I'm wearing?  (And why so lopsided to the Stormcloaks?)

I'm not sure if this is a mod issue or a load order issue, but I don't remember this happening before the last KYE update.  Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Asked the mod author tjhm4 his reply below:

Thanks for your comments. It's taken me a while to get to the bottom of this and it looks like a quirk of the vanilla game. The tldr; is that the mod is working as intended so everything is fine. However, the oddness with damage values shown on item cards probably cannot be stopped. You could argue its a feature (kinda!) though, as I'll explain below.

The longer version:

In Skyrim the attack value for weapons shown in the menu is calculated taking the users perks into account, so if you invest in one handed perks that increase damage the menus reflect this increase in your damage by increasing weapon damage values. KYE implements armor effects with a perk that modifies your attack damage depending on what weapon you are using and what armor your target is wearing and this works fine. But when you go into the menu and check your weapons attack value you don't have a target, so who does it choose? Well, it turns out it chooses you! So the listed damage is the weapon damage you would acheive if you attacked yourself. It takes KYEs perk into account in this calculation, so it tells you how much damage you would do to yourself with your weapon and given what armor you are wearing. The drawback of this is if you want to get back to the vanilla style weapon damage values you need to take your armor off before you check weapons (minor irritation). But the plus is that say you want to know how effective your weapons will be against that irritating bandit chief wearing some steel plate armor. Well, if you can find a set yourself, you can put it on and now all your weapons' damage values will tell you how good those weapons are against any given enemy. If like you can study your own armor sets, which is kinda neat in my opinion. However, irritatingly, the same is not true for magic - although KYE allows armor to affect magic damage, this is not reflected in the menus. Oh well!

Let me know if you have any questions. I should add something about this to the main mod page.

Re: Crashing with Vigilant

It's xLODGEN.

I'm not clear why or how but with xLODGEN's output enabled, the game consistently crashes when trying to enter the "Stuhn Ravine" worldspace (that you go through to enter the temple of Stendarr.)

I would imagine the area just needs to be excluded from the build when you run xLODGEN but I'll leave it to someone more expert to comment!

Re: Crashing with Vigilant

It's xLODGEN.

I'm not clear why or how but with xLODGEN's output enabled, the game consistently crashes when trying to enter the "Stuhn Ravine" worldspace (that you go through to enter the temple of Stendarr.)

I would imagine the area just needs to be excluded from the build when you run xLODGEN but I'll leave it to someone more expert to comment!

Interesting Might be worth consulting Master Sheson.